Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don’t like the idea of unit caps. Let me make whatever army I want imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the horde factions need some kind of special campaign mechanic like the wood elves do now because with all the ruin-dwelling going on its really had to make any real progress.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A good way for me personally to lose interest in TW: Warhammer is for them to turn it into Age of Sigmar so I hope they don’t go down that route.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope the Mortal Empires map gets even bigger in TW:WH 3.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

V for Vegas posted:

Lol the Cathay emperor is Pu Yi. I thought they put at least a modicum of effort into changing the names slightly.

The Holy Roman Empire analogue is called “The Empire” and its led by Karl Franz

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Nagash is a character in 3 they’re gonna have to redo Mannfred’s voice line

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Something about the mutidimensional planes/realms or whatever setting just doesn't interest me either.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It would be very funny if Beastmen get to the end of the WH: TW cycle with zero updates

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Nelson Mandingo posted:

So how do you deal with Skaven's whole "ambush and attack multiple armies back to back" bullshit anyway? Do you have to just be the first attacker or what?

I can honestly deal with every army but this.

Use heroes to scout. If in doubt, don't leave your army out in the field unless you know its safe. Be aware that the only time you can't get ambushed at all is when you're in a city or at sea. And yeah always be the attacker.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Owning the chaos gods with logic :smug:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dwarfs are like a historical TW faction stuck in the Warhammer world. No monsters, minimal magic, just infantry and guns. It makes them a unique challenge imo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ammanas posted:

they really need a refresh, with rune (anti)magic. theyre a cluster-up/turtle faction that can be annihilated by a purple sun or pendulum. a couple heroes would be nice too.

Yeah agreed. I think their unit roster is fine tbh but the heroes in particular need beefier talent trees. The main issue with dwarves is that they’re an infantry focused army in a game with a billion ways to destroy large clumps of infantry but I don’t think that’s necessarily a problem that needs fixing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The TW and Warhammer franchises have perfect synergy because they’re both about building armies and smashing them into each other. Stuff like GoT has armies and battles but it’s really about the characters. Same with LOTR.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Total War: Total War. I want to see Napoleon go up against Grimgor and see hastati fight dragons.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Beastmen are never getting an update. We’ll all be playing Warhammer: Total War VIII in pristine VR after the thirteenth Skaven DLC and they’ll still have the lovely Waagh mechanic and the the worst unit roster in the game.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
High Elves are one of the most powerful factions in the game mainly because they don’t have any real weaknesses. Their high-tier units cost a lot but they have one of the best economies in the game.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Away all Goats posted:

Holy gently caress are Skaven completely unfun to fight on the campaign map. Just constant ambush battles, even against armies that are encamped. Is there anything I can do as Dwarves to prevent myself getting ambush gangbanged to death?

There are only two places you can't get ambushed, on sea and in a settlement. You can get ambushed you if you're in ambush stance and get detected. Use heroes to scout ahead and be extremely cautious. Don't sprint around the campaign map in force march. Don't jump over mountain ranges via the underway unless you know it's safe. You can also try and build armies that are less vunlerable in ambush battles with less artillery, more heroes etc.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It's the Great Horned Rat's world, we're just living in it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
np

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the deal with the enemy heroes who stick to your armies without doing anything? It’s kinda cute

I swear agents have done this since Rome 1.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hell yeah Beastmen

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Some people won't be happy unless the battles in TW: Warhammer boil down to two perfectly identical units of speamanii duking it out for twenty minutes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Broken Cog posted:

You know, I never understand people saying High Elves have amazing economy. What exactly are you building that gives them such an edge, because I usually can field more armies as just about any other faction I play. Though granted, I haven't played Tyrion or Alarielle in a while.

Using heroes with the entrepreneur trait

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The best Gobbo line is when you play Greenskins and you open the diplomacy screen for a Gobbo faction and they say “Ah another tribe! Welcome! *whispers* (Get ya daggers out boys)”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
necrofex colossus. problem solved.