Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there a way to use the long driver on regular events? I thought it unlocked after the long drive competition but I can't figure out how to switch to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I just got that after I posted before I went to bed, but haven't played any holes yet. Also last night for the first time I noticed you had a precision shot you could slow down the meter with.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat, I got the glitch where your character Sprite is tiny and there's no way to progress the game. So I'm not going to play any more of this until they patch it, cause I'm definitely not starting from scratch.

Once you get membership to Tidy Pines, do NOT save and quit at the party.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can't "pretty much" max it, you really have to max it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At least the first five

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's how to best putt. Press up to switch to your wedge and chip it in.

(Though to better measure putting distance press y for precision mode and adjust it down to just past the hole)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PantsBandit posted:

Personally I think putting is easier than chipping. If you're trying to nail the flag with a chip you have to perfectly account for wind because if the wind pulls you off course (or you just mess up your shot) you're guaranteed to have to burn another stroke.

Most chips are so short and low wind ain't poo poo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

On the second and third hole I found a good strategy was to actually aim at the dude and then plug away.

Still too several tries but once I started aiming at him I was getting really close

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well you can't get to those green

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I also got hosed in the same area, for having the audacity to save and quit. I'm just gonna hope they fix my save in a patch. If not it will probably be a whike till I play it again

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 15, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They probably will patch it soon, they are apparently working on it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But it does appears go where it says, except for wind.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's pretty good about autosaving in general.

Also if you don't mind the hint

You don't need a shovel. this is golf story. you need a golf club, there's one for sale nearby called a digging wedge

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You have to equip it. You can do that in the pause menu but also the dpad quick cycles through your clubs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh good. I think turnaround on those going live is usually like two weeks?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Even this dumb game broke my save I'm going through again. Surprisingly quick once you know the challenges and event order. This could actually be a speed game. Got all the way to the shark pool at Bermuda isles in about 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tidy Park is just buggy as gently caress. Play through everything in one sitting if you possibly can

• Locked thread