Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
just as the ufc is embarrassed of werdum's usage of the word, but not embarrassed enough to stop employing him, we all know that word is illegal and yet here we are supporting a sport with such backwards representatives! crazy! but hey let's just make a song and dance about the bad word, especially because of the, uh, zero people here that approved of its usage in it's actual context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jerusalem posted:

Dana: You know what the difference between this bottle and your fights is, Johnson? If they didn't give this stuff away for free I'd probably still buy it! :argh:

Lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

Has there ever been a main event in the UFC where the favorite comes in and easily smashes rounds 1 and 2, loses a close round 3, loses an even closer round 4 after a shocking scramble at the bell, and then proceeds to win most of round 5 before losing the decision to the underdog in the final minute?

Because hell, I'd watch that fight.

I'll make it even easier: has there ever been a main event/title fight in the UFC where somebody wins rounds 1 and 2 and then loses the next three?

Hahaha haha haha don't post

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

also woodley / thompson one and two.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

Any fights where an obese Korean sits in a chair and slowly boringly beats a obese Korean with glasses?

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

'a fit of the browns'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Barboza would beat Tony in a rematch where he isn't illegally knocked out half way through. That rematch should be for the interim belt. I think he's still recovering from surgery though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'll give em about tree fiddy lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

'it turned out that the division we made for you is a joke, and the spectacle with evinger measurably worsened our product. we are paying you less now. this is not a negotiation.'

that's what i'd like to think happens but for real there are a whole big bunch of weirdos who love that freak and she is probably somehow worth money.

hahaha i remember how she dropped evinger with a jab, obviously allowed her to recover, then carried her for two more rounds

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if you looked at cyborg vs. evinger and was seriously impressed with cyborg's ability to crush her and started extrapolating that to mean 'invincible' then yeah you might be a weirdo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

on the contrary i believe cyborg's aggression, though not as spastic as ronda's, might drag a watchable fight out of holm. it's the only 145 fight i am even remotely interested in because i too see cyborg losing. then we can shut down that stupid loving division forever.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if max wins, and he should, he has completed the featherweight division as far as i'm concerned. tkz would be a good fight if a one-sided one. other than that though who cares. the kid is a loving monster. superfights with garbrandt / tony would be cool but other than that??

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it would be seriously loving cool if frank won because he's the only guy in mma at the moment who is capable of being a 3 division champion and that would just be an insane accomplishment.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

20lbs would only be a little bit above the average for a cut to lw i'd say.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ditch posted:

Yeah but it's Thursday. Don't they usually get closer than that with like 24 hours to weigh-in?

depends on your technique but 24 hours is about right to start losing water.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The look of relief on his face when he finally gets to stop fighting barboza is cool. Was his last fight against vannata? That was loving ages ago.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

handsome only face posted:

rda in mexico last december

That was cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

The flyweights are getting out of hand.

yeah scoggins should be up soon

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont think mighty mouse woulda done that poo poo to tj

if he beats cody in a few weeks we might get to find out.

i'm really happy that mighty mouse found a way to make his absolute destruction of ray borg notable, but i really think it's time he went up to 135 and embarrassed guys who are of a height with freshmen highschoolers.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the only way mighty mouse can stop keven from posting seriously and making at least one person legitimately angry is if he keeps beating his tiny opposition in increasingly pro-wrestling ways. also if the ufc wants to digitally draw a nappy, rattle, and bonnet onto the competitors for the end of round slowmo replays that may also help.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm the soundtrack to eyes wide shut & I keep hitting that one perfect sad piano note till eventually Tom Cruise (posters who say things like "Dana white... is a loving rear end in a top hat.") reach the end of their sexual journey and reunite with their wife (admit that fighters I don't like are both bad at fighting and probably have weird dicks.)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the same mighty mouse that cruz had to wrestle because he was getting outstruck on the feet was mounted and beaten up by uncle creepy. unless cruz somehow got way, way better after surgery and three years on the shelf i think it's safe to say that mighty mouse would coast to a wide decision against cruz. it's hard to convey how far mm has come since the last time he fought at 135. the only person mm should fight at 135 is whoever the champ is, as i'm pretty sure that's the only person even remotely able to shut him down.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Freudian slippers posted:

Also, the man was angling to fight Cody, the guy who beat the brakes off TJ.

cruz. but it may as well be tj considering that's who tj styled himself after and lost to.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mm would never be the betting favorite against someone of average height (in 1962)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I wonder what a tiny, violent, broken addict is worth on the open market. Good luck to Uncle Creepy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lineker and dodson are both top 10 bantams and cejudo and benavidez would easily join them if they moved up. dj has fought genuinely excellent competition and humiliated them. comparing his run to anderson silva in terms of quality of competition is pretty lol, considering anderson's greatest challenge before losing instantly was chael sonnen.

luckily dj is only like 30 and has plenty of time to leave people under no illusions as to how stupidly good he is

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

there is a very real if remote chance that mm and frankie meet at 135 and i want to see that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lungboy posted:

Wasn't there a goon that grew up with Uncle Creepy, and posted weird anecdotes of his life?

i don't remember it being weird. just a guy who knew the guy. and gleefully reported that he was an addict of hard drugs and a cuck.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm siding with the ufc on this one mark. even though your next fight is a guaranteed w with little risk of significant additional trauma, you can't say that poo poo if you want to work.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I still want Oliveira / Holloway that doesn't end after 1 minute due to injury. I strongly feel we were robbed of a classic.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Frankie is the best bantamweight to rule the lightweight division for sure tho

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'd be surprised if this isn't an extremely loving cool fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Watching an overweight French Canadian fruit shadow box clumsily knowing that very soon a smug British man will kill him and call him names seems regressive somehow but I think it's important so we don't go forgetting what sport we follow.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

bisping's 2016 was one of the most Insanely Cool things to happen in MMA, IMO.

It's probably the single best career narrative the sport has ever seen.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Auron posted:

ah yes the old sit back and wait because" I have the next title shot right?" mentality. i'm sure that will work out well for him when someone else comes to the front of the line

i mean with so many contenders in the wings that's the risk you have to take. gus will live to regret this.

also there is a staggering number of people that will be thinking 'wow, it looks like arguably the greatest fighter to have ever lived can be competitive with michael bisping'. not just win mind you. people are going to be genuinely surprised if it's competitive. lol. keven, you have wrought a thing of beauty in this forum.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The last person vitor blitzed was... weidman? Now he just moves around a bit before dying.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the only fight weidman looked loving terrible in was the mousasi fight. he was regaining momentum in the rockhold fight after nearly being beaten to death until he threw the world's most ill-advised kick, he was in an extremely competitive fight with yoel until he ate a knee that mark hunt couldn't eat, mousasi fight was bad, then he spent three rounds casually, effortlessly, and without breaking a sweat making kelvin look like a child.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Wise Learned Man posted:

I especially liked when he let Kelvin think he almost knocked him out near the end of the first, since a child's self-esteem is very important.

literally the only second of something resembling success kelvin had

Dan Didio posted:

I didn't even know you could speak Portuguese, Marching Powder.

si

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Chillanese posted:

Was Aspen Ladd just added to the Poland card or did I somehow miss her in the lineup until now?

you are the only person who knows who that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol. uhoh!

• Locked thread