Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Weellllp mass shooting outside the Mandalay Bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's time to get rid of usada, if gleison tibau was there he could have stopped them all and got joe rogan to say he won

Well that, and I'm wondering if they'll postpone the card that's happening in 5 days.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Since the guy got killed I doubt it

You're probably right.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

jay z's sedan posted:

Nothing stops. Nothing... or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been hosed by a train! And the library? Gone... sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns! You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?

This is the most lucid post you've ever made.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Trast posted:

The UFC going away from the PPV model would be nice.

That would be nice, but I'd rather see them strike up a deal that lets them end geoblocking for TV cards on fight pass.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Auron posted:

Luke Rockhold is awkward high school nerd who is now a cocky jock but still awkward when trying to be cocky jock man

I'd say that he seems more like a dweeb who became a jock and now models his behaviour after the jocks that he saw in 80s party movies.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

david carmichael posted:

Did kevin lee make weight

Looks like the official weighins don't begin for another hour.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Thales Leites vs Brad Tavares is the perfect middleweight prelim fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Time for a blood donation!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

great big cardboard tube posted:

did we start out on DJs side and then start ironically making fun of him and then forget it was all irony or has MMMDMMJ (My Main Man Demetrius Mighty Mouse Johnson) been a dork and total loser this whole time?

Keven is LWB except for flyweights instead of WMMA.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jerusalem posted:

Just loving incredible. I thought the way he broke out of that hold earlier in the fight was great, then he pulled this crazy poo poo:

The Mighty Johnson

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nothin' wrong with saying "I don't want to do this any more unless I get paid at least X amount."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

saki is fighting khalil rountree at ufc 219. pretty quick turnaround, cool. i've never seen rountree fight is he any good?

TUF also-ran from a weak season, and he ain't no Magny.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

tesilential posted:

lol eddie alvarez walked in and blew RDA out and that's not even his thing. McGregor would smoke him bro.

McGregor fights more like Pettis than he does like Alvarez.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

"Had a ton of promise, did a few cool things, and then got injured and never looked the same" is the normal MMA story.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

vainman posted:

I looked up Machida's record because I barely remember anything about that BJ fight and his first six fights are a real who's who of MMA

Machida's KO of Franklin is loving sick as poo poo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

Lawler vs RDA in Winnipeg :getin:

FUCKIN RAD

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Balthesar posted:

I just heard TJ Grant on the radio advertising for a local cleaning company and it made me sad.

He's a real salt-o-th'earth kind of guy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Winnipeg also getting Aldo-Lamas II, Perry-Ponz, and Mein-E.Silva.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tony will win via brutal G&P in round 2 and then three weeks later Conor will be explaining how he was the real winner of the fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I would love to see GSP get a ROH KO off of a takedown threat to body-shot setup.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

freud mayweather posted:

in later GSP fights he was markedly worse at completing takedowns, because his shots weren't nearly as fast and he wasn't covering the same distance. he was getting takedowns stuffed by Nick Diaz, so he probably doesn't have a chance of taking down Bisping.

Yeah GSP only landed 9 of 16 takedowns in that fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just asked a doctor-

A staph infection can be in the skin, and it can spread to the blood. If it's at the "boil" stage it's probably not in the blood. If it becomes bacteremic, i.e. gets into the blood) it's likely that he'd be way way way too hosed up to fight, being septic and all.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Also a shower is exactly how to remove another person's dermal flora after close athletic contact - emulsify all of those oils and rinse em away with the kooties in there. Regular soap is good, but in a case like this, in which skin-to-skin staph exposure is confirmed and damaged skin is almost certain, chlorhexedine is probably the way to go.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The best-case (see: funniest) scenario is that we get a fightpass broadcast NSAC meeting (which they don't do anymore :smith:) in which Kevin Lee cites on record what Dana did to Amanda Nunes and others as the reason that he didn't withdraw or disclose.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

red19fire posted:

If by some miracle Jones gets a slap on the wrist, Dana 'owes him a fight'

Doesn't Dana cancel contracts for pettier reasons than '3 drug pops in as many years'? Maybe Jones has a better contract than the average $10k win/show journeyman but come on, Dana's done better people much dirtier.

It's because he doesn't want Jones as a free agent fighting for other promotions. From what I've gleaned from the Nick Diaz stuff, the contracts have a clause that the UFC needs to periodically offer fights if the fighter is eligible, or else the contract is void. What this whole thing means is that if Jones becomes eligible again, an offer will come.

Scott Coker doesn't get an erection at the thought of signing Josh Grispi, so Josh Grispi gets the boot. But Dana needs to keep a tighter leash on guys like Jones or even Josh Barnett, who have value as commodities to the competition. The UFC has too much to lose in terms of finance and legitimacy if Jones ends up in Bellator or Rizin - arguably more than they have to lose by keeping him on the roster.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just wanted to hear more about gnarly staph infections. i had one on my forearm once and you could see the infection tracking up my arm along the veins. Made me feel pretty crook for a few days. #staphchat

Millennials love staphchat.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fight Night Gdansk this weekend.

Apparently Cerrone already has a big fight lined up for after Till. Till is a Brit who lived in Brazil for ages and speaks Portuguese, and he actually may be good at fighting. He's the dude who ragdolled a Brazilian in Brazil and then had the crowd behind him by the end of the speech. He's also a proper welterweight, and an undefeated rangy kickboxer.

Think there could be an upset lined up?

E. And this is the worst card I've ever seen for name recognition. The co-main features a woman with no UFC fights, and there's a middleweight fight on the main card with a dude who doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Andre Fili vs Artem Lobov is legit the next biggest fight on the card. Somehow Anthony Hamilton got another fight though..

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 19, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Got my tickets for UFC Winnipeg!

(checks MMA news)

First fight scratched!

Nog with a USADA violation.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

You keep saying that but I only see a blessing in not having to watch lil nog fight in 2017 tbh

I agree, but when I closed the window after getting my tickets and saw a fight had been cancelled already I was like :staredog: prairie cards

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The more time passes, the more we know about Palhares's career, and the more jiu jitsu I learn, the more appreciation I get for this fight. Belcher should get some kind of greatest performances of all time trophy for it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

Nope, he was on steroids.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aspen Ladd is ok. I don't think that she'll ever be a significant contender, but I never thought that Shevchenko would, and the division is shallow, so :shrug: She was scheduled to fight Jessica Eye about a month ago but was a late scratch for food poisoning. She'll probably beat Lansberg.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gay Horney posted:

TJ is similar to a slightly easier to hit Cruz who makes up for it with a more varied striking game and heavier blows. I don't know if garbrandts chin has been really tested but if Cruz can stand up to Cody's power TJ probably can too. TJ if it goes to decision but Garbrandt if it gets stopped imo

Cody was KOed as an amateur by a guy who is now like 3-0 pro.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I.N.R.I posted:

Cody is going to shoot a huge load of cum on TJ dillashaws face and chest

So TJ will win, that's what you're saying?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TJ Dillashaw has 5 KO/TKO Victories in 13 UFC Fights, or 38.4%.

Ronda Rousey had 3 KO/TKO Victories in 8 UFC fights, or 37.5%

So TJ Dillashaw has good enough striking to be on the cover of Ring magazine and beat Floyd Mayweather.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hendricks is not getting a tune-up fight. Oof.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The promo shots and staredowns of JJ (glamour glamour) and Rose (psychopathic staredowns) are starting to give me a Rocky III feeling about this match. Rose's kryptonite is people who will wrestle her, and JJ isn't going to do that. That means we're looking at an aggressive kickboxing match with Rose threatening submissions here and there.

Rose by TKO or submission might be a live underdog bet. If available, Rose TKO (cuts) might have particularly good value as a long shot bet, and it's worth a fiver.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wise Learned Man posted:

Karolina didn't wrestle Rose.

And it went to split decision - not a blowout.

(I haven't watched the fight)

I don't have an account with any betting entity, and I don't intend to start one. If I could walk into somewhere and place a cash bet I would have already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What are the complete odds on that fight? My work firewall blocks anything that looks like it could be gambling (such as gambling sites).

• Locked thread