Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he might have it written into his contract, but let's be real, he's not getting them

lol don't points kick in AFTER 200k buys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

I mean, he's not that good. He's worse than mike "the count" bisping, for instance.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CommonShore posted:

McGregor fights more like Pettis than he does like Alvarez.

Pettis is a coward and cannot fight off the back foot at all.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

vainman posted:

I looked up Machida's record because I barely remember anything about that BJ fight and his first six fights are a real who's who of MMA

I have a bad MMA opinions list, and topping them is I think BJ should've won that fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

Lawler vs RDA in Winnipeg :getin:

yes please

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Nierbo posted:

Dana said Tferg is next for Conor, not Diaz

https://youtu.be/j0AoUB9Nqtw?t=1407

that's just nate playing hardball and asking for what he deserves

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Queering Wheel posted:

Bisping is bigger than GSP, is the champion in a weight class GSP has never fought in, has good takedown defense, punches people pretty good, and is not afraid of aliens. I think he's got this.

but can he handle da riddum

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Tony's gonna win

Tony's gonna get lamped in the first 2 rounds

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He'll give Conor fits if he makes into round 3 onwards, I reckon.

Yeah, if Tony makes it to round 3 Conor's gonna get tuckered out.

I don't think he makes it to 3 though.

CommonShore posted:

Tony will win via brutal G&P in round 2 and then three weeks later Conor will be explaining how he was the real winner of the fight.

by using the cowardly gaijin martial art of gay sex fighting, Tony will dishonor the UFC and Conor will be the defacto champion still by fighting with his bushido spirit and tae kwon do for the pleasure of the masses

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

freud mayweather posted:

in later GSP fights he was markedly worse at completing takedowns, because his shots weren't nearly as fast and he wasn't covering the same distance. he was getting takedowns stuffed by Nick Diaz, so he probably doesn't have a chance of taking down Bisping.

Nick Diaz fought way outside his normal range though and GSP had to shoot from a million miles away.

Nick Diaz is smart and good and his strategy worked. Still got taken down a bunch though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Bisping is going to do this too, though. And he’s harder to take down than Nick Diaz.

Yeah I'm not really making an argument for GSP, it's just that people were over sold on the idea of GSP being old and bad after fighting Nick.

I think the quality of athletes and fighting technique and strategy is just way better now and at the same time GSP dealt with aging and long layoffs.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I think it is entirely possible that this will be a plodding bad fight and Bisping wins with a late and underwhelming finish.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What if my issue with Jon Jones isn't that he did a drug thing, but that he did things to make Daniel Cormier champion?

:same:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

handsome only face posted:

khabib vs barboza coming to ufc 219

lol if u think khabib will make weight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CarlCX posted:

It genuinely baffles me that the UFC didn't put Punk on one of their innumerable Fight Pass feeder league shows. Have him fight 0-0 Manny "The Mauler" Maskowicz at Wild Bill's Fight Night like a debuting dude is supposed to, advertise him and use him to drum up subscriptions rather than blowing him up for a tiny bump in your buyrate when he was never going to be a big draw or top-level fighter in the first place.

I have so little hope this fight will actually happen.

Punk was so bad that he'd get blown up by a fat bantamweight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Team Alpha Male fired Bucholz as coach and has gone back to the 'no head coach' system again for no apparent reason

RIP Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

JaySB posted:

Chris Holdsworth was on MMA Hour talking about TJ Dillashaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u82Ft4E2pag

I watched TJ Dillashaw whine and complain after losing to Cruz, I don't need more evidence he's poo poo

• Locked thread