Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4255304/

not too bad imo, didn't scare me but was pretty good love the special effects. it's lovecraftian in the sense of weird otherworldly, forbidden knowledge and the creature designs are similar to other cosmic horror films like the thing or in the mouth of madness

what are your thoughts blockbusterites?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Is this related to Enter The Void

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is this related to Enter The Void

nah

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i just watched it i think its pretty cool with the effects and all

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I liked the look of the triangle people but didn't care about all the people stuck in the hospital

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
i like this collection of shorts created by manty people. thank you for introducing me to it. the first one was very interesting and the 2nd one had a good twist. i will check out the rest when i can. thanks again.

e: i watched the wrong things oops haha
e2: dw ill watch it tonight and edit in a proper reply.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 1, 2017

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
I should have watched this last night goddamnit. What a ride of a movie. Very dark brutal, mysterious and entertaining. The dialogue, special effects and cinematography was... ah who am i kidding, this movie is one of the best scary movies I've seen in a long time.

The monsters reminded me of The Thing. I was confused as to why the pregnant lady was on the floor instead of one of the hospital beds from any of the other rooms. I should have expected what she does an hour into the movie.

A gem of a scary movie. I'll probably set it up on a synchtube room when my friends who don't get squeamish have a window of time. I can talk more about if after seeing it a few times. Better to do that by showing it to friends & folks instead of watching it repeatedly alone. Only thing is it might give someone a seizure.

This makes me wanna play more Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

What else do you recommend, my friend?

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

Yobgoblin posted:

I should have watched this last night goddamnit. What a ride of a movie. Very dark brutal, mysterious and entertaining. The dialogue, special effects and cinematography was... ah who am i kidding, this movie is one of the best scary movies I've seen in a long time.

The monsters reminded me of The Thing. I was confused as to why the pregnant lady was on the floor instead of one of the hospital beds from any of the other rooms. I should have expected what she does an hour into the movie.

A gem of a scary movie. I'll probably set it up on a synchtube room when my friends who don't get squeamish have a window of time. I can talk more about if after seeing it a few times. Better to do that by showing it to friends & folks instead of watching it repeatedly alone. Only thing is it might give someone a seizure.

This makes me wanna play more Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

What else do you recommend, my friend?

im glad to hear you enjoyed it! sorry for the late reply, i was busy with midterm studying and didnt check sa all day but the fine man that is pinkobastard let me know about your response.

ya i love this one. if you want more lovecraftian stuff with practical effects ofc you have "in the mouth of madness" and "event horizon" but youve probably already seen those two.

for another less known horror film that isnt that well known like the void, doesnt have the same themes or ideas but "the invitation" is on netflix and rules. its a slow burn at first but worth it, more tension driven than horror tho so beware. also "the cube" but u mightve seen that as well, its p cool more of a thriller but i like it. the sequels i think suck tho havent seen

also ya my fav games are silent hill 1-3 and re 1-3. im gonna replay some of em after this next batch of midterms, also you see "jacobs ladder"? prolly have tbh but its another film that might remind you if silent hill

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

greasynig posted:

im glad to hear you enjoyed it! sorry for the late reply, i was busy with midterm studying and didnt check sa all day but the fine man that is pinkobastard let me know about your response.

ya i love this one. if you want more lovecraftian stuff with practical effects ofc you have "in the mouth of madness" and "event horizon" but youve probably already seen those two.

for another less known horror film that isnt that well known like the void, doesnt have the same themes or ideas but "the invitation" is on netflix and rules. its a slow burn at first but worth it, more tension driven than horror tho so beware. also "the cube" but u mightve seen that as well, its p cool more of a thriller but i like it. the sequels i think suck tho havent seen

also ya my fav games are silent hill 1-3 and re 1-3. im gonna replay some of em after this next batch of midterms, also you see "jacobs ladder"? prolly have tbh but its another film that might remind you if silent hill

No worries, I've been spending too much time on the forums lately (Thanks, Pinko).

I haven't seen Event Horizon, In the Mouth of Madness and The Cube. I'll probably jump into The Cube first and collect some thoughts on the sequels when I get around to watching them. Speaking of The Invitation, I have to give it another chance, watched it with the wrong people, they kept ripping on it. At least I forgot it's story. Many thanks for the recommendations!

This is embarrassingly shameful and difficult for me to say but here goes: When I was younger, I never had the chance to play 1-3 of Silent Hill and Resident Evil let alone have a ps2 or have very many console games. Probably gonna get a lot of heat just for saying that haha. Not 100% my fault the parents said no a lot. Due to that I was more of a pc gamer kid with StarCraft and Diablo 2 being piping hot and fresh from the factory. Oh man, I cannot tell you how much my brother money spent on Diablo 2 characters but he and I shared the same amount of rage when this neighborhood Russian girl (сука!!!!!!!!!!!!!) deleted loving 3 of his godlike characters he slaved for a long time on. He wasn't the same after that dreadful day and I cringe at myself for not keeping an eye on what she was doing on his computer. HIS loving computer. Anyway, I just need to find the time and $ to get emus, controllers and usb adapters set up so I can play them. My primary spending objective is to get a Nintendo Switch. So many games, so little time...

I have seen Jacob's Ladder. Very interesting film. A buddy I used to co-work with at a small software company, told me I should see it. Hell, he gave me a list of books and movies (mostly not horror, sorry) if I could find it I've gotten the silent hill vibe more towards the end with all those people on the rusty fence looking ceiling/floor. overlooking the decayed haunting hospital. Crazy that Jacob was hallucinating most of what went on in the movie. Also insane to find out that some soldiers were being used as drug testing guinea pigs. Hell, I still can't believe that.

Forgive me for dumping lore on 'ya, I didn't get too much sleep.

To prevent further derail, you can reach me on discord if you want. Yobgoblin#3587 I'll give some more collected thoughts on The Void for this thread when I get a chance to. Thanks again for the recommendations, and best of luck to you on your midterms! :cheers:

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 2, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i had no idea that this movie existed until i went to a friend's party a couple weeks ago and this was on. it looked interesting from the bits and pieces i saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
It was okay. Nothing special

• Locked thread