Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

If lowtax kills the forums having a feud with zdr well it was nice chatting with y'all

Oh that old chestnut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Lowtax simply isn't capable of doing whatever happened to ZDR's account.

ZDR did it himself.

Source: ZDR

Now if you want to talk forum nonsense further then QCS is listed prominently on the front page.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you want to talk about the Marvel/Defense Contractor thing there's a thread for it and other similar topics now. Please use that the read for any future behind the scenes comic related controversies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is being discussed in the other thread I mentioned earlier, not here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836728

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Come on now Lurdiak, I know you just saw me tell someone that posted the same tweet about it being cancelled to go to the other thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah my bad, I considered posting that in the other thread but it felt kind of too stupid for the tone of it. I can edit it out if you want.

It's fine, we just don't need this clogging up three different threads.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wayward is actually one of the few books that I trade read and forego single issues, and usually not on a timely schedule. I see Volume 4 is out and I have yet to read Volume 3 even though I do have it. I'm moving that way for most indie books as well. Part of that is that the scheduling and lack of release on some indie books has bitten me in the rear end where I get invested in a story and then it's six months or more before the people can put another issue out *cough*4kidswalkintoabank*cough*afterlifewitharchie*cough* and that just kills all the momentum. This is not usually a problem with Marvel, DC, Valiant, or even a lot of proven indie books with a track record. But newer books I'm real wary on unless I just know the creative team has a good track record of actually publishing books. Sometimes it's just a book like a Wayward or a Shutter or an Invisible Republic where I prefer to read the story in chunks and don't need to read it as released. They're stories I like but I feel like they don't lose the impact if I don't read them right away.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jean Schultz, wife of Charles the creator of Peanuts, was one of very many that completely lost her home in Santa Rosa due to the California wildfires. Apparently a lot priceless and irreplaceable stuff was lost too. The Charles Schultz Museum is also in the same area but as of now is safe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jonathan Hickman wrote the Ultimate Thor mini and he worked overtime to make all the contradictions in the history of Ultimate Thor up to that work in a story. Ultimate Thor's history at that point was a wreck for a character that had such little time of existence. Hickman managed to magic up a story that actually took it all into account and make it somewhat work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jedi posted:

I'm not British and they don't rhyme. Neither do Squirrel and Girl. It's not my fault the rest of you mush mouthed folks can't be bothered to learn how to pronounce words. Hell, you probably call it "pop" instead of "soda", don't you?

Look how wrong this guy is!

• Locked thread