Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/917950687257997312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Morin sent back to Lehigh Valley.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Burying AMac doesn't really do much for the flyers at this point, unfortunately. There's not a lot you can do with the guy other than pray someone's dumb enough to trade for him.

E: Plus personnel decisions on who goes to the Phantoms is probably more a Hextall decision than Hak's, and I'd rather Morin get playing time somewhere rather than sitting in a press box. I get the feeling he was always set to be headed back until Ghost's injury at the end of the preseason.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 11, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

I don't even care if they cancel sports

that's wild

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FBS posted:

How bad did Charlie Coyle get hurt? Asking for a fantasy friend.

Richard Sherman was right again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Columbus Dispatch hired George Richards and Steve Gorten to replace Aaron Portzline and Tom Reed on CBJ coverage.

Richards was a beat writer for the Panthers, wasn't he? No idea who Gorten is.

Gorton was a beat writer in Raleigh. Lot of coverage for the Panthers and Hurricanes.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

1) Kucherov has one of the most disgusting wrist shots I have ever seen, holy poo poo

It's so goddamn fast. He barely looks like he's winding up at all.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So I get that Washington was coming off 3 games in 4 days and didn't have Niskanen, but holy poo poo flyers :stare:

E: keeping manning out there sucks but here's a glimmer of hope:

Charlie O'Connor posted:

Last night, Gostisbehere led all Flyers with 20:51 minutes of 5-on-5 ice time, and Hagg was second with 19:21. In addition to the heavy minutes, Ghost and Hagg received their fair share of tough matchups as well, as Gostisbehere faced Backstrom for over seven minutes and Hagg battled with Burakovsky for close to nine. I asked Hakstol after the game what has given him the confidence to use a rookie and a player who seemed to frustrate him at times last season in such a prominent role. “[Hagg] is a very quiet, very sound player and that's not just without the puck,” Hakstol raved. “He is real sound with it as well, he does positive things with it.” As for Gostisbehere, the head coach went out of his way to praise the young defenseman's compete level without the puck. Flyers fans may be frustrated with the early season scratchings of Travis Sanheim, but Hakstol certainly isn't holding back in his usage of Ghost and Hagg.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 15, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Have the Flyers dressed Lehtera yet?

Not yet, no.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm gonna go against the grain a bit here and say I'm honestly not that surprised they aren't dressing Sanheim. He had some issues in preseason and I'd honestly almost rather he go back to the Phantoms to a bit to refine things and get more ice time. He'll be up in the regular rotation sooner or later by sheer force of attrition.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Even if people did get behind a publicly-funded stadium for the Crew, :lol: if you don't think Ohio State wouldn't throw quite a bit in the way of resources at trying to kill that poo poo dead in its tracks just like they did in 1997 with the proposed arena for the CBJ and, ironically enough, downtown soccer stadium for the Crew where Huntington Park is now. Columbus wouldn't have an NHL team had John McConnell not heard about what was going on and personally went ":wtc:".

Again, there is some nefarious poo poo that went down at the hands of OSU which is detailed in Chill Factor, a good readin' book. :eng101:

Oh my god I forgot about them blocking the proposed Crew place. Goddamn.

I need to read Chill Factor

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

News: https://twitter.com/BroadStHockey/status/920448868013223939

Views; Nolan Patrick, he's good, OP

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The old mighty ducks colors on the gloves on that one all the way to the right are great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

N Flyers
V Back

I'll be at the well for the game on Saturday. It will be my first time seeing McDavid in real life. Am I gonna get whiplash from how fast he skates?

Probably. He's goddamn absurdly quick.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Is Vegas maybe actually a semi-ok team or is this a bunch of complete flukes?

I know they're not actually going to challenge for the President's Trophy but is it possible they're maybe actually a fringe playoff team?

Their ceiling is likely a WC2 spot. It helps that the Pacific is garbage. They're off to a hell of a start but I'd imagine they come back to earth sooner rather than later. They're going to look better than previous expansion franchises now that we're in the cap era, but it's still not a great team overall.

Still, they're fun to watch and basically loaded with guys who weren't great for their previous teams but have a chance to prove themselves with something of a fresh start and very low expectations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Anthony Zych has another fantastic poster, but isn't working with any NHL teams for now so he found a really creative way to avoid using official logos and such. Behold "BOOMER IS HERE"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Reince Penis posted:

I watched most of this game last night, and I remember thinking "Howard is done as a starter in this league" when he was pulled. Poor guy.

Jimmy Howard hasn't been a good starter for years now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I think that's mostly just in case Wayne can't go.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Boomer never left, assholes.

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/921182273919209474

jesus christ

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I can't be too mad about last night's Flyers/Perds game because god drat Rinne is impressive when he's on his game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/921369228728561664

jesus christ that backhand

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

probably. I've seen other guys who deke a lot and still have much higher percentages though. Like Frans Nielsen is above 40% I think and his go-to move was similar to that one there. With mittens that soff you'd think JT would at least be around there.

a lot of guys you'd think would be good in shootouts are just brutal in them. Jagr hates them. I think most guys just overthink them, make a ton of moves, then freeze up when they're right on top of the goalie.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the timing of that LOOK EVERYONE LOVES AMAC article from Meltzer was spectacular.

That said, yeah he's rear end on the ice but it sounds like he's really well liked, and i remember a couple articles 2 years ago saying he was a pretty good mentor to guys in the Phantoms locker room.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

There were years I felt like the Rangers advanced in the playoffs because of Henrik Lundqvist being in God Mode. The year they got to the Final felt like it was just a ton of saves where you went "How? How?".

Boy howdy, I feel like I've done a good thing throwing money at these guys.

I, for one, love sifting through Cavs and Browns stories when I've clicked on the very specific Cleveland Blue Jackets page for that team's articles.

e- Also, Cleveland and Columbus are considered one market for Athletic purposes, in case you missed it.

yeah you gotta hit the specific jacket logo/team, not the city.

Also yeah those guys are techbros to the nth degree but let's not pretend print hasn't been dying for decades now and most local papers are all but completely dead anyway.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I wish I took a picture of the guy wearing a Flyers Elliot jersey on Saturday. It was so random. How do you justify the price of a jersey for a backup player on a 2 year deal who is definitely gonna be out of here at the end of it?

I also saw what I’m sure is now a regretful Bryzgalov jersey purchase. Why would you ever get a current era flyers goalie jersey?

If you want a good jersey and don't care who's on it, you can usually get them super cheap when the players leave :shrug:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

look at Panarins rad dog

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kilza posted:

Goalies are voodoo. I could totally believe somebody picking up Niemi and making him a 0.920 Sv% goalie again, even for as unlikely as it would be.

Stebe Mason went from Calder to garbage fire to renaissance to garbage fire.

Kilza posted:

Goalies are voodoo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:growing ironicat emoji:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:cheers:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

You're so Kane
You prob'bly think this movement's about you
You're so Kane
You probably think this movement's about you
Don't you don't you don't you don't you

:laffo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/922830312635228162

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/922835557973184513

:stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

BRING BACK GLO PUCK

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21080555/nhl-bring-back-infamous-glow-puck

also some imbecile on ESPN thinks the predators are the "best value in sports" which i guess means he really likes drunk country singers and thinks fat confederates thinking throwing rotting fish on the ice is the height of a civilized society

holy poo poo how are you still this loving salty

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Unironically bring back the glow puck.

:yeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the Fox glow puck and the XFL of all things both went a long way to kick off a lot of the standard things we see in sports broadcasts these days. It's neat to look back on.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gonna need context for this because i love it so far

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IslesBlog/status/922859465094950913

hell yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

so the flyers are bad and apparently nolan patrick may have been hotbrained by Chris Wagner. Awesome :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

just lol if you can't triangle choke some 4th liner

• Locked thread