Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SHIELD Reunion? Are you....
This poll is closed.
Excited as hell! :woop: 8 5.63%
Tentatively intrigued :thunk: 29 20.42%
Completely indifferent :geno: 91 64.08%
Enraged at the very idea :argh: 14 9.86%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bray's booking hasn't done him any favors but his delivery on his rambling promo's has really gotten worse post Mania. You have to wonder if he's pretty much half checked out right now on the character

If there was a visible sign of him no longer caring, it was him going 'welp' on Twitter after Jinder beat Orton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Part of me wishes the shield reunion was just a red herring. Dean and Seth just wind up leaving Roman high and dry and then that's it.

Also seeing kalisto at the end during the "reveal", was like the biggest deflating balooon moment I have had in a while.

It was the August 1 Warning without Mr. Anderson's reaction.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Molestationary Store posted:

There's a whopping FOUR matches announced.

Who cares, the most important match has been announced.

That is, of course, Jinder Mahal's next victim, Shinsuke Nakamura.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Efexeye posted:

i just feel for seth and dean, a lot. gently caress roman

yeah man i agree, it should be dean in...*looks up top raw babyfaces*

an eternal feud with bray wyatt

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

also seth could totally pass for 205 he should be feuding with enzo amore

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Efexeye posted:

it's not about them not being in the main event, though, it's about the WWE driving their stock down over the past few months so Roman is the bigger deal even when they reunite

WWE's stock is the highest it's been in the last year.

edit: oh you mean dean and seth's stock. seth's stock got driven down when he was put in a feud with triple h and dean ambrose was facing baron corbin at wrestlemania on a show roman wasn't even on (which is the preshow, i definitely didn't just type a bunch of words and not even realize how i typed them). perhaps you should say 'gently caress triple h and everyone who was writing smackdown in 2016' instead

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 3, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the shield uniting is cool because it means three cool guys will do cool things that are fun to dorks i want to see get beat up and it will be fun

here is what will happen:

dean will do a BLARGABLARGABLARGA to someone, probably like curtis axel
seth will jump off something high and NOT hurt his leg because he will land on 2 or 3 dudes instead of being the man gravity remembered
roman will spear bo dallas through a barricade
all the peoples will be triple powerbombed (enzo amore might be one of them)
and, most importantly, babyfaces will win so we will be able to pretend that road dogg will look at it and go 'oh wow those babyfaces sure are cool and win a lot, i want my show to have something like that' and jinder mahal will lose the wwe championship to literally anyone else

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Efexeye posted:

please let dean bring back the ArgleBargle Press, used to love that

i appreciate that i could call it that and you knew exactly what i was talking about

it's such a goofy move and yet it's so perfectly pro wrestling and even moreso dean ambrose

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Efexeye posted:

probably got him too over so they made him stop. that move was so pivotal to his character

it's dean's version of the burning hammer. gotta save it for special occasions.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Efexeye posted:

i can't remember seeing it for at least like a year

well nia used it on bayley about a year ago (minus the press because that would have made bayley's burial swift and merciful and probably horrifically bloody instead of slow and extremely painful), so clearly there was a rule that only one person can use it at a time

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't manage dislike for Jinder for bombing horribly as champ.

A guy who wrestles squash matches (on the squashed side, so he doesn't even get to figure out 'hey this is a move I can do') for nearly his entire career can't carry any part of a main event feud? That's why you have a guy wrestle long matches on house shows and whatnot before putting him in that role.

Not that it'd have saved Jinder, but it'd at least make things less bad?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

No Luck Needed posted:

Have Randy Orton come out and toss around the Singh Brothers because that is what he is best at. Have Nakamura win clean as sheet. Next SDL have Jinder being all pissed demanding a rematch with his own special unnamed stipulation. Have Dbry come down and say he can have any special stipulation he wants but he has to but his rematch clause up against Randy Orton and if Orton wins then Jinder looses his rematch and Orton is made number one contender. Have Nakamura come down and do the favors of beating up the Singh brothers and Orton finally beats Jinder clean as a sheet. Then we go to whatever terrible PPV is next and Randy can put over Nakamura in a nice passing the torch match. This could lead to Owens vs Nakamura in third to the top "Main Event" of Wrasslemania.

but this is the WWE so Jinder beats the guy they spent a year building up in NXT, Jinder will probably loose the belt on some D level PPV so Shane 0-Mac vs Kevin Ownes III will be for the title on WM, still third from the top but it is a "main event", some triple H match will be the second main event, and some match that I won't watch will be the main event.

shouldn't you pass the torch to someone younger and not as broken down as you

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

more like dean amblose

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Do you think the WWE is going to look at Guerrillas of Destiny or pass on them because they're not blood relatives to the Rock

Tonga Roa was employed by WWE and sucked.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

sometimes I wonder what is secretly really hard about booking the WWE because it seems like so many decisions are demonstrably terrible and yet they keep making them and I feel like there is an element to all of this I just dont get

WWE is finally listening to fans who begged them for years to make all the babyfaces losers and heels guys who win all the time.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I see we're slowly crossing the event horizon into Jinder Was Always Good territory.

Cena was right all along, no longer hindered, beyond borders.

We gazed up at the enormous bacne, and loved Big Jinder.

I didn't say Jinder was good, just that he wins a lot and Nakamura is a loser!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Sorry I think RGL and Gonzo have broken my ironic posting meter detector.

The Khallas is rivaling Roman's One Spear is All It Takes as most protected finishers. TYOOL 2017 and Jinder Mahal has one of the two most effective finishers in the company.

Oh, I wasn't being ironic. For ages it felt like everybody loved the heels and hated pretty much any remotely strong babyface other than Undertaker. Now, years after that period, WWE is more heel heavy than at any point other than possibly the HHH/JBL era.

I guess the 'listening to fans' part is ironic, but the WWE writing staff is probably made up of people who, if they cared about wrestling, were begging for strong heels at that time.

• Locked thread