Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SHIELD Reunion? Are you....
This poll is closed.
Excited as hell! :woop: 8 5.63%
Tentatively intrigued :thunk: 29 20.42%
Completely indifferent :geno: 91 64.08%
Enraged at the very idea :argh: 14 9.86%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

VJeff posted:

I think it's more to do with India (but his stupid gross body is a major factor as well), it's just that they're stupid and don't realize it's not gonna work.

It's India and it's less "they're too dumb to see numbers are going against them" and more "they're down right now, but it's too soon to say if they won't swing upwards"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

So her alignment is "Women's booking :shrug:"

Non-Charlotte women's booking I guess, yeah.

Miz and Alexa's characters do the standard WWE cheating heel archetype best right now, because Alexa wins legit often enough that the ego script they all have to do works and Miz's entire character is that he's fake as hell.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"Am I to blame for pushing Jinder Mahal, no it's the children fans who are wrong"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ive decided that the narrative was that everyone here was shrieking about how people from India don't deserve success or to live in a house and only i stood up for human rights, against all of you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Ive decided that the narrative was that everyone here was shrieking about how people from India don't deserve success or to live in a house and only i stood up for human rights, against all of you.

Don't twist my words.

I was saying people from Alberta don't deserve success or to live in a house.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you idiots voted for jinder over alexa if thats not a reason to burn this place to the ground i dont know what to tell you

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

alexa is at least beating jinder this month

but we can never undo that jinder won champ of the month, at least miz turned out great years later

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Speaking of Alexa i am happy that Mickie James is getting a PPV title match because i think that Mickie James is cool and should get PPV title matches.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Speaking of Alexa i am happy that Mickie James is getting a PPV title match because i think that Mickie James is cool and should get PPV title matches.

OTOH, it's obviously just a filler feud until Asuka has been established. Is she gonna squash Emma or something at TLC?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bradzilla posted:

OTOH, it's obviously just a filler feud until Asuka has been established. Is she gonna squash Emma or something at TLC?

Oh I know its a filler feud I'm just glad its happening. When you are a fan of wrestlers like Mickie or Sami Zayn you learn to savor what you can get.

And yeah i assume Asuka is going to squash either Emma or Alicia Fox

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

alexa is at least beating jinder this month

but we can never undo that jinder won champ of the month, at least miz turned out great years later

Wait JINDER won Champ of the loving Month?!

...I have never been more disappointed.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

jbl was more racist

At least he took some crazy spots himself

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

bradzilla posted:

Probably. I could see them having Emma complain about her spot on the show and get thrown in Asuka's debut match.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

RGL reached out to me via PM and wished to reaffirm, to the wwe chat thread, his current takes: that Bayley is great and deserves to be Raw Women's Champion again, that Jinder is a good champion because he put in so much hard work, and that the Ascension was the best part of Fashion Files. Also tune in to new season 2 of WWE Story Time, only on the WWE Network.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

schweens posted:

Probably. I could see them having Emma complain about her spot on the show and get thrown in Asuka's debut match.

They should have done Asuka to Smackdown and brought Paige back on Raw to follow-up Emma's stuff, since she's who WWE altered history to credit now that AJ cannot be named.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

UK: Pete Dunne, badass heel who coincidentally is the coolest champion across all brands

I pity him because they've already forgotten this title exists and given his size and style he will be absolutely ruined if he ever makes it to the main roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if he ever makes it to the main roster.

He won't. They're saving him and the belt for the show they swear is happening :D

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Having watched quite a lot of Pete Dunne in Progress, hes more of a "complete loving dickhead" heel, which is a kind of heel that WWE doesn't have any faith in. Which is weird, because KO was absolutely that kind of heel in NXT.

So if they did decide to put Dunne on the main roster, they'd almost certainly destroy anything that makes him compelling in the first place.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Have Randy Orton come out and toss around the Singh Brothers because that is what he is best at. Have Nakamura win clean as sheet. Next SDL have Jinder being all pissed demanding a rematch with his own special unnamed stipulation. Have Dbry come down and say he can have any special stipulation he wants but he has to but his rematch clause up against Randy Orton and if Orton wins then Jinder looses his rematch and Orton is made number one contender. Have Nakamura come down and do the favors of beating up the Singh brothers and Orton finally beats Jinder clean as a sheet. Then we go to whatever terrible PPV is next and Randy can put over Nakamura in a nice passing the torch match. This could lead to Owens vs Nakamura in third to the top "Main Event" of Wrasslemania.

but this is the WWE so Jinder beats the guy they spent a year building up in NXT, Jinder will probably loose the belt on some D level PPV so Shane 0-Mac vs Kevin Ownes III will be for the title on WM, still third from the top but it is a "main event", some triple H match will be the second main event, and some match that I won't watch will be the main event.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gorn Myson posted:

Having watched quite a lot of Pete Dunne in Progress, hes more of a "complete loving dickhead" heel, which is a kind of heel that WWE doesn't have any faith in. Which is weird, because KO was absolutely that kind of heel in NXT.

So if they did decide to put Dunne on the main roster, they'd almost certainly destroy anything that makes him compelling in the first place.

Yeah they'd turn him into a typical coward heel rather than just a dickhead.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Aphrodite posted:

Alexa is an asterisk.

She wins titles and PPV defenses usually pretty cleanly, but loses every non-singles match (frequently taking the loss herself) and most singles matches too, unless she cheats.

That's been how it is for like the past 25 years. Champions don't win non-title matches.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

No Luck Needed posted:

Have Randy Orton come out and toss around the Singh Brothers because that is what he is best at. Have Nakamura win clean as sheet. Next SDL have Jinder being all pissed demanding a rematch with his own special unnamed stipulation. Have Dbry come down and say he can have any special stipulation he wants but he has to but his rematch clause up against Randy Orton and if Orton wins then Jinder looses his rematch and Orton is made number one contender. Have Nakamura come down and do the favors of beating up the Singh brothers and Orton finally beats Jinder clean as a sheet. Then we go to whatever terrible PPV is next and Randy can put over Nakamura in a nice passing the torch match. This could lead to Owens vs Nakamura in third to the top "Main Event" of Wrasslemania.

but this is the WWE so Jinder beats the guy they spent a year building up in NXT, Jinder will probably loose the belt on some D level PPV so Shane 0-Mac vs Kevin Ownes III will be for the title on WM, still third from the top but it is a "main event", some triple H match will be the second main event, and some match that I won't watch will be the main event.

shouldn't you pass the torch to someone younger and not as broken down as you

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jinder being champ is and will always be funny, no matter how long he holds it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I hope Jinder is champion forever

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't know how anyone can watch all of this poo poo regularly anymore. I'll still watch the PPVs because they're mildly good or at least contain a couple good matches.

But the shows are loving horrible. I put them on Hulu at work in the background and can barely tolerate it that way.

God bless those of you who still sit through the entire episodes.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't know how anyone can watch all of this poo poo regularly anymore. I'll still watch the PPVs because they're mildly good or at least contain a couple good matches.

But the shows are loving horrible. I put them on Hulu at work in the background and can barely tolerate it that way.

it's purely out of habit at this point

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sportsgenius86 posted:

I am in the same boat as you. I cannot watch the weekly show, but will watch the PPVs. I used to download the shows and watch them on my commute at like 2x speed. I find myself just skipping to the endings and following the storylines, but you can do the same just watching that Top 10 moments recap video on YouTube.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hockey didn't start yet, and what am I going to do? Not have the TV on?

We didn't kick Hitler's rear end in WW2 for the TV to be off.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I pity him because they've already forgotten this title exists and given his size and style he will be absolutely ruined if he ever makes it to the main roster.
Actually he has the best of both worlds where he can go to a bunch of indies in Europe and have good/fun matches and then occasionally do a NXT taping or Takeover.

As for me I've stopped watching Raw and Smackdown basically, but still have the network to watch 205 live, the PPVs, and NXT which is enough good wrestling for me in a week

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Jinder is going to beat Nakamura clean proving he never needed the Singh brothers and he's a true champion for India and also the greatest wrestler of all time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Jinder is going to beat Nakamura clean proving he never needed the Singh brothers and he's a true champion for India and also the greatest wrestler of all time

Jinder is probably the higher energy and definitely the less broken down of the two!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jinder is less high energy than Erik Rowan was back when Erik Rowan existed. Jinder is less high energy than Erik Rowan is while currently having vanished from TV

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The Nintendo Switch in portable mode is the best companion piece to 2017 weekly WWE programming.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Two Beans posted:

The Nintendo Switch in portable mode is the best companion piece to 2017 weekly WWE programming.

When I do have raw or smackdown on, I'm playing Splatoon the entire time.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I will never get tired of watching Kevin Owens powerbomb Shane O'Mac

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

There was plenty of obnoxious IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD :downs: posts.

He won Champ of the Month too, and people were insisting,"No it's not ironic, he really was best champion that month!", it was very frustrating.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait JINDER won Champ of the loving Month?!

...I have never been more disappointed.

Yep.

No Luck Needed posted:

Have Nakamura come down and do the favors of beating up the Singh brothers and Orton finally beats Jinder clean as a sheet.

I don't blame you for forgetting/not having seen it at all, but they actually already had Orton beat Jinder clean as a sheet on a random throwaway Smackdown a few weeks back, where just randomly out of nowhere for the first and so far ONLY time Shane and Bryan declared that Jinder couldn't have the Singh Brothers out to help him. Orton beat him effortlessly and there went even THAT minor potential for something interesting.

The Jinder Championship reign was a terrible idea executed incredibly badly. I don't blame Jinder at all, he's been thrust into this situation and in his place I'd have happily taken the number one spot as well, but he wasn't ready for it and WWE has done absolutely nothing to help him prepare for it or to deal with it after the fact. It's just awful.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Also I can't wait to see Kalisto destroy Enzo. Excellent addition to the Cruiserweights.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

lol at Shane headlining HiaC

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kevin Owens is gonna have to sell for his terrible offense and pretend that Shane can take it to him on an equal footing :sigh:

Edit: I did like Sami's unspoken,"Yeah okay sure buddy :rolleyes:" reaction to Shane declaring that Owens should be scared of HIM though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Kevin Owens is gonna have to sell for his terrible offense and pretend that Shane can take it to him on an equal footing :sigh:

Edit: I did like Sami's unspoken,"Yeah okay sure buddy :rolleyes:" reaction to Shane declaring that Owens should be scared of HIM though.

I really hope this leads to Sami doing something in the match at HIAC. All the seeds are planted for him, but he'll probably just do nothing at all.

• Locked thread