Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just finished episode 1 so far, haven't read the manga and man I couldn't help but notice that the OP here left out the description which makes this show sound like yet another anime adapted from the never-ending stream of the most generic light novel trash ever despite not being a light novel??? Protag has no magic and is maligned for it, gasp, but SURPRISE he actually does have magic and it's the rarest (and bestest) magic ever!!

Also the screaming was annoying at first, then it clicked that it was just Shonen Screaming but for dialogue instead so it was a good gag... and then it just kept going and going and it became annoying again... and then he was doing one-armed push ups in a cavern and his internal monologue was screaming and it owned again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Okay, there's episode 2 finished and.. it being mostly flashback was kinda ehhhh. The bit after the generic guy gave up trying to steal the pendant because, uh, reasons was sorta cute though and made me care more about Yuno than Asta, by far, though. I can totally see Asta being literally Shonen Manga Personified wearing really thin before too long but it gets the point across right now, even though the first episode did that as well, and a lot better. :shrug:

Hopefully now that it's gotten past the very beginning and things can happen, it'll pick up steam and get interesting. If nothing else, at least the exposition can't get any clunkier than Episode 1 Generic Villain's "here's what my magic does" speech.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It's a shame the pacing is so appallingly slow, since there was some interesting and fun things in this episode! Just, uh, that the most interesting bits were filler is a really bad sign.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The one bit of info we got about the Black Bulls is not a good sign for the quality going forward. So, the Black Bulls are just wholesale the Fairy Tail guild, huh? When you're taking ideas from Fairy Tail, though... that's a pretty worrying sign.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I would hope it'd be hard for even Studio Pierrot to find a way to ruin Magna and Luck.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Gauche is really bad in the manga. Literally the worst. The siscon thing is bad enough, and then you learn she's - at this point in the story - 9 years old. And I'd hope any good adaption would remove that, but then if you do... Gauche kinda has no personality.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

People keep saying it because The Black Bulls are great. Pierrot stretching stuff out with bland filler so as to keep to a maximum of 1 chapter an episode is just delaying the parts where the best Bulls get to do stuff though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the new opening it's possible we are going to cover 11 chapters in the next 13 episodes. I hope thats not true and they speed up a bit.

Even if that ends up being true, that is them speeding up a bit.

loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah they are starting to go for 2 to 3 now.

Oh my god, they're getting real pacing at last. Hurray!

...How much of any given episode is still pointless filler?

• Locked thread