Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's only appropriate that the anime thread start with takes as bad as the manga one did

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm not a shonen expert but i did like how this one very overtly has the main character's struggle align with class dynamics. he's the underdog literally trying to supplant the lovely nobility in his kingdom.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the ire this series/people enjoying it inspires in people is equally funny and puzzling

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kid "hits on" nun once, dubbed prick and bad person

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's scheduled for 1 cour afaik, and i have no idea where that person is getting info that the bulls don't show up until ep6

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked the laidback tone of this episode, compared to ep2 feeling like it was kinda spinning its wheels unnecessarily. this one did still have some weird stuff, like everything before the OP that just seemed like it belonged in different episodes. but we got a cool fight out of it!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pierrot, no...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if this show runs forever and results in boruto dropping in quality, i'm afraid i will have to join the rest of the thread and turn on it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the small good things this week:
- Lily's big water punch has a cross in it
- the first time i laughed at asta proposing, when he was nearly beaten to death and yuno treated it as a sign he was okay
- randomly having to pass through a desert

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unlike fairy tail, this is good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

scooter idiot showed up this week and his laugh is glorious. also another really cool cut of asta destroying a dude with his sword

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

The one bit of info we got about the Black Bulls is not a good sign for the quality going forward. So, the Black Bulls are just wholesale the Fairy Tail guild, huh? When you're taking ideas from Fairy Tail, though... that's a pretty worrying sign.

if your one point of comparison is "blows poo poo up," sure. i haven't retained a ton of the FT lore but iirc Fairy Tail is an immensely powerful and renowned guild in that world, only looked down upon by a stuffy magic council. meanwhile the Black Bulls are a trash heap of "defective" people that even citizens just trying out for knighthood look down upon. the particular position the Bulls occupy is more relevant with later character arcs so i would say their defining characteristic is more of an underdog/unwanted by lovely classist society than "causes property damage," though that is the only explicit information about them this episode.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes that's always the one

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he has cool magic

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i enjoyed how yuno gets owned by having the least interesting fight in the entire episode, despite his power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just reread the tail of his arc last night and that is pretty devoid of creepiness, and shows his attachment is due to them living as orphans. my impression is that he basically ceases to exist after that so it's pretty whatever. I'm sure this thread is going to post more complaints about him than lines he will have in the entire 51 eps.

• Locked thread