Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Mr President posted:

So stupid that Marvel caved into mob mentality

And now that fascist XO is gonna ban me again for exercising free speech. What the hell happened to the internet?

Gonna pull two things out here

For your first sentence...this is literally how capitalism works. People vote with their dollars and vote with their reactions. This is the system working as intended.

As to the end...your right to free speech doesn't exist here. SA is not run by the federal government. You have the right to say whatever the rules of the venue allow you to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

A lovely Reporter posted:

It is unironically essential that libraries continue existing as repositories of bizarre child and YA fiction. Billions of copies of Goosebumps and Animorphs and old comic books.

I begged my mom to drive out to the further-away Mid-Continent Public Library branch solely due to their more exhaustive selection of Animorphs. The closer one had maybe a third of the series, scattershot throughout the whole run.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RevKrule posted:

Suspension is a paid vacation at this point. Wake me when they shitcan him. This is most likely an attempt to keep him out of the news while their movie runs and then he'll be back.

TBH, paid leave while an investigation is ongoing is probably the best way t handle stuff like this. I can't speak for this particular case, I know nothing about the guy or what he's done...but putting someone on leave let's the company or organization investigate without opening themselves up to a wrongful termination suit, or having to make a scene about rehiring them if the investigation finds them innocent.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

Well, not to be too cynical, but suspension with pay is what cops get when they murder someone and no one has any intention of punishing them for it.

That was the comparison I was drawing, yeah. The problem isn't with the paid suspension, it's with the investigation and the results thereof.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RevKrule posted:

I would agree...except. These are well known charges and one of the problems here is that when these charges were levied and levies publicly, the company response was just a step below this on the mattering scale.

I 100% cop to being completely uninformed on the particulars of this guy's history; so it may very well be that it warranted immediate termination.

• Locked thread