Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part of this season so far was knowing Mick's a writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was the greatest sentai fight I've ever witnessed in my life.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This fight was everything I ever wanted and never knew and more.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anything Mick should be the permanent Fire Totem wearer, he's the only one who has an actual emotional connection to an element, being a psychotic pyromaniac.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then again, as far as the status quo of what preserving the timeline constitutes in S1 they're already super villains.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ray started off as a businessman taking over the company from the good guys which royally pissed them off, while presenting himself as such a charismatic leader that an entire city was renamed because of him.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stopped watching Arrow because this is how they wrote entire seasons:

Ep 1: Character 1 does something morally ambiguous or not at all, Character 2, who's done far worse things in the past and may or may not even have to do with what Character 1 did gets really mad.
Ep 2: Strong tension between Character 1 and 2. Motivational dialogues. Oliver Queen never looks straight into anybody's eyes and is always staring at the wall above the other person's face while contemplating existence.
Ep 3: Character 1 and 2 learn a strong lesson about friendship and/or forgiveness and are now safe until every other character in the cast has filled their drama quota.

Repeat the cycle 7 to 8 times per season. Fill time between brooding and characters guilt-tripping each other with combat scenes in a warehouse. Show Oliver Queen using his bow as a melee weapon so often it makes you wonder why he doesn't just grab a club or a sword instead. Also, alcoholism.

Bonus point if the characters stuck in the drama cycle are debating about how bad killing is and there's a bloodbath where they murder a lot of goons, shoot down a helicopter with an explosive in the middle of a city, or both. Remember kids, it's okay to kill faceless henchmen, sometimes.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 16, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Legends of Tomorrow because Sara Lance loving owned and deserved better and she was a fun character. I remember lamenting that when she died and since Beebo is good we got this show. Legends of Tomorrow is fun and all the jokes about how they're misfits are refreshing compared to people in Arrow being so constantly annoying.

"We call them souvenirs."

If Sara Lance was alive in Arrow she'd be stuck between being guilt-tripped by Oliver/her family and guilt-tripping Oliver/her family and that would be the entirety of it. Instead we have this:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something I learned from TV shows is that us from latin america are either guys with a violent background involving drugs, or women that always end up praying in spanish when something bad happens regardless of context.

*Sees a dead person and makes the sign of the cross. Dios mío protégeme de los demonios.

It was the red devil I say, the red devil!

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 16, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Since you quit watching you'll be happy to know this holds up so you aren't missing anything. This is actually the season dedicated to nothing but this kind of dumb dramatic slapfight.

The most recent dramatic confrontation came between Oliver and Diggle. Diggle was Green Arrow for awhile and was buying special drugs off of a drug dealer to stay in action. Later when the guy tries to take over the city Oliver comes back as the Green Arrow pissing Diggle off. Diggle, the guy who funded the drug dealer that took power during his time as green arrow, blames Oliver for letting the drug dealer take power. Diggle, also the guy who executed his own brother, claims Oliver can't accomplish anything without killing people. So the team splits up again.

My favorite instance though was the team all splitting up earlier in the season and when a criminal holds the city's money ransom in exchange for their safety the team that left Oliver show up to kill the criminal and end up firing guns at everyone and hitting felicity, hacking a medical device and injuring diggle, trying to kill Oliver with an axe and cause the city to lose all of it's funding due to their failed assassination loving up the ransom. They are then extremely outraged and highroad Oliver for injuring one of them while defending himself and pleading for the fight to be over in a fight they started.

Bonus points for the team initially splitting up because Oliver spied on them when the FBI had insider information on Team Arrow. He found out that one of the team was the FBI informant however the fact they were spied on was so terrible that they had to dramatically split up.

Legends is so much better it's not even funny.

Tell me how spot on these made-up dialogues are and if I'm ready to be hired by CW:

*In an extremely Diggle voice: "You've crossed a line, Oliver. Not this time. This time you went too far."
*Oliver looks blankly between Diggle and the camera and slowly shakes his head around.
*Felicity, crying, looks up to Oliver and says: "We looked up to you, Oliver. I don't recognize you anymore."
Oliver stares between Felicity and the camera, and finally says in a resigned voice:
"Maybe you never saw who I truly was."

Edit: I think I could probably write a procedural arrow season generator.

quote:

Leaked Arrow Season 7 Events

Episode 1:
Dinah Drake and Oliver start having an affair.
Episode 2:
Oliver tries to hide his relationship but people figure out.
Episode 3:
People ask Oliver about how's the relationship going. Oliver says it's going great.
Episode 4:
Dinah Drake dies in a sudden accident.
Episode 8:
The team is introduced by {Flash character} to a new operative... {Dinah Lance}, who can scream really loud because of {an experiment gone wrong in STAR Labs}.
Episode 20:
The team officially gives Dinah Lance the mantle of {Black/Color/No-Prefix} Canary.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 17, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaise330 posted:

Luthor: Take down Diaz? Who do you think funded my election!?

Going by how comic book stories are written, this is incredibly plausible.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senerio posted:

I was really bored so I made this. Just thought it'd be interesting to see what everybody thought of the season.

Just favorite/least favorite episode/legend/side character, and a season rating at the end.

From the results so far I'm glad to see I'm not the only one tired of seeing Rip Hunter's look of "I'm so ashamed I can't look anyone straight but I do what I must for the good of all".

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I'm glad I'm not watching Arrow because Diaz broke you guys.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grillfiend posted:

anyway, back to how terrible Hawkman is

Happy to oblige.

*In a wood-tier acting monotone voice: "I will save you from the villain who wants to forcefully be your lover for all eternity by being creepy and forcing you to be my lover for all eternity."

"Remember, you cannot have any boyfriend but me. I must now proceed to have no interaction whatsoever with any other cast member, or have any hobbies, interests or personality for that matter."

Elentor fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 24, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nine-gear crow posted:

Say what you will about the man, at least Vandal Savage kind of developed a bit of personality by the end of the first season. Dude started showing a kernel of actually enjoying being an evil prick that Darhk and Thawne would pick up and run with with gusto.

I mean, let's be honest here, not just anyone - anything had more personality than Hawkman.

Who is more of a character - Hunter's coat or Hawkman?
Do you have a bigger emotional connection to the waverider's medbay, or Hawkman?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think he's just resentful she doesn't want him and gave up on having a love affair and instead wants to just use them as his life support for all eternity.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This show has become everything I ever wanted. Campy, cheesy adventures led by Sara Lance without any of the Hawk people from season 1 or the horrible repetitive drama from every single minute of the other arrowverse TV Shows. A salvaged Constantine. Fluffy and cute fairy tale monsters that look like an offspring of llama with hats with robot unicorn attack being sent to hell after every episode.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Medullah posted:

Ask yourself, you can have Snart back as a regular but Hawkman come with him. Is it worth it?

Yeah I like Snart a lot but this is a very easy question to answer. "No".

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't imagine how stressful these days must be for them. I hope it all works out.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slandible posted:

We are witnessing the greatest show ever as it airs. How did they get that much into one episode?

There was more packed into this single episode than the entire current season of The Gifted.

I'm so happy to be alive to watch this stupid silly show.

I'm so happy that it embraced being campy and stupid and cheerful.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The facial expressions of everyone involved in watching Mick and the Alien Warrior at the end were predictable in the best possible way. It was priceless. They were spinning like a top all the way to the city ruins.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 21, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, Sara is a killer trained in a friendly place called League of Shadows/Assassins. Mick is a pyromaniac kleptomaniac who killed his own father if I recall correctly. He was best buddies with a criminal partner who's also a villain. The hawk people are antagonists to decent writing. Constantine is as he himself puts constantly a danger to everyone around him. A lot of characters in LoT are antiheroes and Sara herself stated that their ship is the place for second chances.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Mona so far and what she's doing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love this dumb show.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hawkgirl was absolutely godawful and terrible. However, that can be easily offset by the fact that Hawkman was beyond bad and he existed only for the purpose of following Hawkgirl so you never had the chance of seeing him standing out by himself, so Hawkgirl was always presented together with Hawkman providing an unfair comparison.

The whole character of Hawkman was beyond creepy. Looking apathetic almost to the point of sociopathic while going "I understand you like to think you have a choice in finding a partner but you should know that no matter what you think or feel you will be my girlfriend forever and ever :) it is pointless to resist" was the entirety of his awful, awful, awful character.

Having them gone was a gigantic upgrade.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This loving show is so much pure unadultered fun.

I'm thankful we're in this broken timeline where sara died in arrow so we could get this.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm imagining the faery grandma and Mick

"Now now dear, you knooow they won't accept this. Why don't you just ask me... to dispatch them?"

"HRRRRMMMHH. I'M NOT GONNA KILL MY FRIENDS."

"Now, are they reeeally your friends if they want to stop you?"

"HRRRRRRM"

"PUPPETS."

"I'm sorry dear? What did you say?"

"PUPPETS. I SAID PUPPETS."

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is great.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Expanse, Agents of SHIELD, Legends of Tomorrow, all renewed against all odds.

They really did screw things up for better in this timeline.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nixon did not say Aroooooooo a single time. This was objectively wrong.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mimiron's Hard Mode is activated.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I love this show.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

I like how not only did Sarah not care Nora was randomly on the ship for no goddamn reason but immediately ordered her to help rescue her girlfriend.

Also that the drama over Nora and Nate lasted for exactly 10 seconds after his bro broke the news.

Yeah
When I moved from Arrow these two events would be used as drama fuel for 2 episodes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When Nate told Ray "come on you're the Atom" for a moment I forgot he had a superhero suit.

At this point I just see Ray as a friendly dude who hangs out around the ship.

Not this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grU4cM2fX5g

And definitely not the dude in Scott Pilgrim.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While searching for that Ray clip I watched a bunch of Arrow clips in the meanwhile and every scene is people guilt-tripping each other over the most minute details. Man I do not miss those shows.

As long as we keep not getting the Hawk people back, this show is a dream come true.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved everything about Mick this episode.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This dumb show is my favorite dumb show and I'm glad it exists because whenever I'm feeling old and grumpy at how bad other shows are I remember this show exists and that it's still possible for me to feel braindead joy.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ultimate spoiler that is meaningless to anyone who's starting the show.

"Chronos is Rebecca Silver"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhyteRyce posted:

That Rebecca Silver romance novel between two star crossed hawk people

Rebecca Silver would never write such a lovely story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Fairy Godnora"