Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Johnson, Ferguson 21 56.76%
Johnson, Lee somehow 8 21.62%
Borg somehow, Ferguson 2 5.41%
Borg somehow, Lee somehow because I live in a goddamn topsy turvy fantasy world 6 16.22%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
how was the ferguson fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Work Friend Keven posted:

Idk I guess, and this is just me personally, it's not that impressive when someone does some gymnast poo poo while also being the size and build of a member of the women's Olympic gymnastics team. Thats what he's for.

you're not impressed by the women's olympic gymnastic's team? :confused:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Skip My Posts posted:

how was the ferguson fight?

Good.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nice

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

chaleski posted:

Depends on the fluids, of course

I'm pretty sure we've figured the rest of them out, but tonight I have to ask- what about staph pus?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Tony can get through Conor in the first couple of rounds, Tony would give Conor huge problems from then on.
Conor cracks and Tony gets hit so it'd be a good fight we'll never see.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Is DJ some kind of loving humbolt squid or robot?

Who can cogently think, "Suplex to armbar...sure?" and then do anything other than catch on fire T. Browning themselves into a knock out?

Who the gently caress thinks of that during a training camp and starts working on it?

IT was already on the way to being a drat near flawless performance, but then he goes and puts a bow on it like that.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The Mighty Mouse fight blew hard up until that moment but it was worth it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tony trying to pull the 'whatever, I don't care' card at conor in the post fight presser, lol. OK tony.

Tony is sooooo annoying as a person

lmao "You're in check....and I'm great at chess."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The mighty mouse finish might be the best I've ever seen

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The mighty mouse finish might be the best I've ever seen

For anyone who didn't catch it live, insanely loving cool.

https://streamable.com/1uuzz

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 8, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/ChaelSonnen/status/916864820560957441

Chale Sonnen trying to take credit for teaching MM that move.

edit: bonuses are out, didn't see anyone else post them.

FOTN: Lando Vannata vs Bobby Green

POTN: Demetrious Johnson and John Moraga

Memento fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 8, 2017

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Good bonuses

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Looking back I don't think DJ had a single mark on his face after going through a 5 round fight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Le Saboteur posted:

Looking back I don't think DJ had a single mark on his face after going through a 5 round fight.

well he was only hit about 15 times total

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

He said in the post fight presser that the only thing that is hurting him is his butt cheek from torquing the armbar at the end

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

threeagainstfour posted:

the only ways i've ever managed to land armbars are through really slow grinding setting setups or newbies thrashing around crazily not knowing what they are doing so i see poo poo like this where someone does one from a setup they're very unlikely to have ever done before and feel great shame.

edit: keven is right and this is still the 'less-than-a-full-sized dog' weight division tho

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I watched this in a bar without volume and I'm laughing so hard seeing the highlight where Rogan says 'if he survives the next two minutes that's a moral victory' where he gets armbarred three seconds later.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

attackmole posted:

I watched this in a bar without volume and I'm laughing so hard seeing the highlight where Rogan says 'if he survives the next two minutes that's a moral victory' where he gets armbarred three seconds later.

There was a lot of fantastic silver lining commentary. 'He managed to do thing.' 'Still technically alive.' 'Mighty Mouse is not being awarded custody of Borg's children.'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neurosis posted:

the only ways i've ever managed to land armbars are through really slow grinding setting setups or newbies thrashing around crazily not knowing what they are doing so i see poo poo like this where someone does one from a setup they're very unlikely to have ever done before and feel great shame.

edit: keven is right and this is still the 'less-than-a-full-sized dog' weight division tho

apparently he practices this all the time in the gym, DJ's so advanced at this poo poo that he's literally coming up with hilarious gimmick moves and practicing them during his fight camp.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That loving armbar by DJ on Borg holy gently caress :stare:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Freeze framing that armbar makes it even more insane. MM is setting it up at the same time Borg is flying through the air.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

empty whippet box posted:

Tony trying to pull the 'whatever, I don't care' card at conor in the post fight presser, lol. OK tony.

Tony is sooooo annoying as a person

lmao "You're in check....and I'm great at chess."

Actually he owns

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Despite the absolutely incredible submission, I too still dislike Mighty Mouse because I am a cruel woman conceived in the mind of insecure Reddit posters.

Not really. Mighty Mouse is awesome. No one has cared about larger fighters in a very long time. Get over your poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mighty Mouse is good and undoubtedly one of the greatest to fight in the sport but him ducking TJ leaves a sour taste and now he has that record, it's time for him to fight the winner of the BW matchup or he's just going to look like a bit of a can crusher because he's just that far ahead of the pack.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

He'll probably fight TJ provided TJ beats Garbrandt since he wanted to fight the champion at 135 in the first place. Then, instead of rightfully shutting the gently caress up about it, people will come up with a new way to discredit him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, they'll continue to discredit him because he's 125 pounds, regardless of how invalid that is.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

"People just like bigger fighters bro."

Meanwhile, the world is obsessed with Conor McGregor and few people could pick Stipe Miocic or Deontay Wilder out of a lineup.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

threeagainstfour posted:

• Locked thread