Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
witty op goes here

// Caution, old thread is :spooky::spooky::spooky: haunted :spooky::spooky::spooky:
m_pPrevThread = Url("https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3548182");

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
no more ghost posts, until lowtax/zdr gently caress up the db again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

witty op goes here

words to live by

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Arcsech posted:

no more ghost posts, until lowtax/zdr gently caress up the db again

i think lowtax should be in the op

i mean he can't even css smh

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
hi, i'm gonadic io and im a terrible programmer.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
currently i work in scala which annoys me every day, and my hobby stuff is micro-controllery rust.

i have programmed a LOT of haskell in my time and a little java. haven't done either in years.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
java good
javascript bad
like it or not those are facts of programming reality

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

How do program ?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

posting mostly to bookmark thread

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

How do program ?

press f12, paste the following into the console
JavaScript code:
while(true) console.log("penus")

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

How do program ?

use lots of these ()()()()

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

eschaton posted:

use lots of these {}{}{}{}

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

How do program ?

all the code has been written already, you just need stack overflow and copy and paste

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
The only documentation is a short mention that documentation still needs to be produced.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

been given a kinda interesting project at work so im excited to see all the ways i can gently caress it up

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Stick Insect posted:

The only documentation is a short mention that documentation still needs to be produced.

my documentation is a single download link to a decompiler

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
im working on our permissions model and this poo poo sucks

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
also i think i'm just not interested in our product and i think im gonna leave and work at a c# shop with my friend who i trust when he says his job is great

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

just gonna get the first IDE statement in here and that's that I use IDEA with vim navigation plugin

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

silvergoose posted:

just gonna get the first IDE statement in here and that's that I use IDEA with vim navigation plugin

same

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i use idea with the eclipse keybindings because i'm literally broke-brained from too much eclipse

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I use vim. it's good.

I don't recommend it to anyone that hasn't spent years using it though.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

silvergoose posted:

Same but I constantly find myself going back to the mouse to navigate file, it kinda sucks. I feel like IDEA and vim don't really mesh for me but I'm too used to vim to not use it

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

leper khan posted:

I use vim. it's good.

I don't recommend it to anyone that hasn't spent years using it though.

i learned vim (well vim 101) when i started programming professionally 3 years ago and its p great so far

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

kloa posted:

i think lowtax should be in the op

i mean he can't even css smh

always test in production

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Hello new thread. I have so far avoided writing a single line of VB at this VB.NET shop, the head dev is allergic to curly braces but is ok w/ me writing my modules in C# so that's cool. Still trying to move on tho, if anyone in Colorado Springs needs someone to fart out .NET and/or SQL stuff hmu.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Main Paineframe posted:

always test in production

~~*agile*~~

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I wrote a script in php that uses command line flags to interact with a hosting API.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

also i think i'm just not interested in our product and i think im gonna leave and work at a c# shop with my friend who i trust when he says his job is great

c# is good and i hope you enjoy using it

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think the worst thing I've ever programmed is a model to forecast wind power generation in excel. It started off running into the nested formula limit, and so I gradually moved more and MORE of the logic into VBA.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

eschaton posted:

use lots of these ()()()()

use(
lots(
of(
these())))

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
someone in the last thread was posting about graphQL

im using it at work right now (when i cant get away with avoiding it)

for simple babys first CRUD app its quite nice, when frontend wants to get FartCount of the Butt object you dont need to write a single line of code, they just update their queries

for complicated stuff oh god kill me loving now

the libraries are also Very Bad

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

ultravoices posted:

(use
(lots
(of
(these))))

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

someone in the last thread was posting about graphQL

im using it at work right now (when i cant get away with avoiding it)

for simple babys first CRUD app its quite nice, when frontend wants to get FartCount of the Butt object you dont need to write a single line of code, they just update their queries

for complicated stuff oh god kill me loving now

the libraries are also Very Bad

my boss is considering graphql for a thing at work, I was less than enthusiastic

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hello i would like to file an official grievance that a new thread was created in october that is explicitly non-spooky

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

NihilCredo posted:

my documentation is a single download link to a decompiler

my code reads like a book. you should read it all the way through though because there's a twist ending

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

gonadic io posted:

I think the worst thing I've ever programmed is a model to forecast wind power generation in excel. It started off running into the nested formula limit, and so I gradually moved more and MORE of the logic into VBA.

Or maybe a quiz thing that displayed questions with answer options to the user and scored their answers.

All answer_id's were hard-coded as the db primary key and the code would look compare the users answers to those hard-coded id's.

If (user.q1AnswerId == 53) then user.score += 5 else if ( user.q1AnswerId == 55) then user.score += 10

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

The Management posted:

my code reads like a book. you should read it all the way through though because there's a twist ending

the twist was that tim robbins has to military crawl all the way through a pipe full of poo poo to reach freeeeeedom.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

android has so many goofy things you have to do to make it work, it sucks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i learned vim (well vim 101) when i started programming professionally 3 years ago and its p great so far

aren't you the british guy who uses stick deodorants in 2017 though (jk)

• Locked thread