Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
For instance, Ridley Scott never told Veronica Cartwright that an alien creature was going to burst out of John Hurts' chest.

So the reaction you see in the movie is genuine fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBu6VAESeI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If this leads to Bray/Sister Abigail attacking people with facehuggers backstage, then I am absolutely down for that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Sister Abigail looks and sounds like a Garth Marenghi character

Bray Wyatt.

Covered in blood.

Bloody blood blood.

And bits of sick.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

They weren't stars. They were asterisks, each one detailing a problem with the match.

Also, thinking about this has made me forget the name of the Funkadactyl that made Austin give that amazing reaction. I think it began with a C.

Cameron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Runl2i7pV-s

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I’m about 80% sure that TNA/GFW presently exists only as a shell corporation that various crime syndicates use to launder their money.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I want Tama Tonga and Tonga Roa in the WWE because cussing is cool and fun and good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Also, Dusty Rhodes > Sika Anoa’i.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just imagine all the spoiled tomatoes and hot cabbage that Roman is going to get pelted with at the Royal Rumble in January when he wins the Royal Rumble again because Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns....

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Roman doesn’t really have much of a personality. His promos are horrendous and cookie cutter-ish. Some of that is on Vince and the writers, but most of it is on Roman.

People love Braun Strowman. Why do people love Braun Strowman? Because he’s an impossibly gigantic hoss of a human being who does nothing but hurt other people in exciting and new hoss ways. He just destroys people. And then people cheer for him because people love wanton violence.

He doesn’t have to cut promos. His actions are his promos. Even then, “I’M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!” is a thousand times more over as a catchphrase than “This is my yard!” or various “Big Dog” horseshit.

If they just made Roman into Samoan Brock (who shows up more than 10 times a year) from the get go, I feel like a lot of his weaknesses could have been masked.

And despite being related to him, he’s not the Rock, and he likely never will be. It could be said that it’s unfair to think that anybody could replicate the Rock, and that’s probably true, but Roman’s charisma deficit certainly isn’t helping him in the “appeal to the fans via the mic” department.

If he takes yet another long nap at the Rumble next year, and still wins it, no amount of crowd sound editing will be able to fix the backlash. Like somebody said earlier in the thread, putting him back with Seth and Dean might endear him to crowds again, but if it doesn’t, then i’d hope that Hunter and Stephanie have a long discussion with Vince about perhaps stepping down. Because “Get Roman Over: Year 5” is not something anybody should want to witness.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Roman Reigns is very good at wrestling, it's not his wrestling that's the problem. It's that he's not a natural babyface and probably won't be until they change his gimmick away from knock off Biker Taker.

“Turn Roman Heel” could have fixed all of this, but I think it might be too late, now.

Roman Reigns has become the human manifestation of that old Sears air-conditioning commercial that everybody hated because it played 37 times per hour.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 16, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh absolutely. Braun’s promos are very bad, writing wise. But like you said, it’s the visual manner in which he delivers them that redeems them. Whereas Roman always sounds like he just got done memorizing an index card.

Don’t even get me started on that “suffering succotash“ promo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Seams posted:

wwe is bad at booking babyfaces

This is 100% true and cannot be stated enough. When Vince either steps down or dies, there needs to be a vigorous spring cleaning throughout the creative department.

The thing is, Vince is an insane workaholic and probably won’t stop doing any of this gracefully. He’d probably book Raw via Skype after a heart attack while having stents implanted on the operating table.

Steak & ketchup wraps for dinner afterwards, obviously.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

It’s going to be super exciting to see how they gently caress up Asuka’s booking.

And by “super exciting” I actually mean *pretends to put a gun barrel against the roof of my mouth*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gavok posted:

In a row?!

You know Gavok, there's a million mediocre wrestlers in the world, dude. But they don't all Superman punch you at work. Most of 'em just refuse to sell.

• Locked thread