Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think a problem with Wally's new hair is that it isn't quite long enough so it looks weird kind of tucked into the sides of the cowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ojjeorago posted:

They should have differentiated them like in the comics by having Wally be better at some Flash powers than Barry. But with these writers they’d probably do something stupid like “Wally is better at phasing because he has more fast twitch muscle fiber.”

Well, they did have a thing last season where they revealed that Wally was actually faster than Barry but then this season's premier went and blew that up with Barry's Speed Force upgrade.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also a bottle of Gingold in his office drawer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

XboxPants posted:

My name is Mick Rory, and to the outside world I'm just your everyday arsonist-sociopath....

He got the opening lines last season on Legends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Did they think Elongated Man was too silly and went with Plastic Man? Or am I getting the two confused. Though I hope Dibney shows up in the red one piece and sunglasses that Plastic Man wore.

I think they just wanted to avoid the Elongated Man name because it is kind of awkward. Also unlike Plastic Man Ralph can only stretch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I'm glad that episode did was walk back the thing from last season where being Killer Frost somehow gave Caitlin healing powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last year's crossover also had the weird thing where not every character was showing up on other shows. So the Legends show up to help but Nate and Amaya didn't, with similar things happening to Arrow and Flash characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is next week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that I had the hardest time with this episode is the idea of what DeVoe is even doing? Like, what exactly is his plan in regards to the Flash? Nobody seemed to be asking that question.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming they used Thawne instead of Barry as a Nazi because they literally just got done with evil Barry as a villain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oliver basically kills people if he has to but doesn't set out to do it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:flashfact: Kara Zor-El

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, I'm just going to go ahead and completely ban the incest chat from this thread. The show is very clearly not interesting in talking about it, especially now that they are married and the whole thing is just getting weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He might get bail but the I assume this is going to be the running thing for the rest of the season. (They should just pull a Review and have him get acquitted between episodes.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barry is a (Kind of) a cop. He should claim self defense and not even make it past a grand jury before getting released.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

Now that the incest talk is over now, there's a few more things I wanted to mention since I just finished Family of Rogues

-I was surprised that Cisco finally got to make out with the Golden Glider.
-Between this episode and the one where Captain Cold comes back in Season 3 and all the other times in Season 1, Leo Snart & his sister come back a LOT on this show.
-Of course this episode is called "Family of Rogues" what with the West mom coming back into the picture.

The actress who plays Lisa eventually just kind of stops showing up because the CW gave her her own show (Frequency) but then that got canceled so who knows if she'll be back.

She's actually going to be playing another DC character on Gotham as she is supposed to show up this season as the new actress for Poison Ivy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Abracadabra and Savitar both name dropped DeVoe with Savitar mentioning that they built the neural inhibitor at Star Labs so it had to be when they were still working together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ApeHawk posted:

Black Lightning makes me sad because they shoulda went for a Static Shock live-action TV Show instead.

They've had some issues with using Static in the past so they might be gunshy about giving him a TV show just in case it happens again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Black Lightning's thing in modern comics is that he's a dad with two daughters, who also have powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

I can't seem to find reference to the actual setting of the new Black Lightning series: it's not in Pierce's hometown of Metropolis, is it?

IIRC Black Lightning isn't going to be set on either Supergirl's Earth or Earth 1.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it was really weird that everyone was constantly referring to Barry are "Bartholomew Henry Allen."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

teamcharlie posted:

The most hosed up part of this episode is that if that jury were a traditional American jury, justice would have been immediately served once that picture showed up but for completely stupid reasons.

The collective mind of the kind of jury we can expect when a white cop is on trial in the good ol’ US of A: ’Holy poo poo, there’s a black man involved somehow? No way a white cop stabbed a rich white man! I know in my heart that all black people are evil. Give the black guy the chair! Reopen the case and investigate him and then give him the chair no matter what they find!’

That being said, I would have loved to see The Thinker’s face as he tried to figure out what happened to his precious calculations as he gets hauled off to jail in spite of using his superhuman intellect to construct an airtight alibi and ensure there was no evidence whatsoever tying him to the murder.

There's a really hilarious bit in season 3 of Review where the main character (played by Andy Daly) is on trial for murder and in one episode he goes to testify while not being able to see or hear because of wearing elaborate headgear to replicate living like Helen Keller. The payoff in the next episode is that he was acquitted off camera because he's a white guy on trial for killing a Hispanic guy.

Piell posted:

The problem with having a super-intelligent person as your foe is making it seem like he is super intelligent. All the Thinker has done so far is show that Team Flash is dumb as gently caress (and the show refuses to admit it like Legends of Tomorrow has).

Yeah, the problem with "plan" villains is that it usually ends up with the main characters acting dumb for the bad guy's plan to work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From Legends thread

nine-gear crow posted:

So yeah, it's official: Keiynan Lonsdale is gonna be a regular on Legends when it comes back next month. He's joining the team after the Constantine two-parter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She had a part on last season of Colony that was pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

teamcharlie posted:

Are we even sure that DeVoe kept all his smart rear end in a top hat powers now that he's switched bodies into Dominic (or this new switch into Teela Brown for that matter)? I can't seem to recall seeing him open up his skull again to show his glowing brain after he changed bodies the first time, and he certainly doesn't seem to be showing any motor function deficiency. Maybe he solved a shitload of problems before changing bodies and hoped that would keep things rolling until nobody could stop him, but now that things are off track he's just improvising. That would certainly help explain why his new plan to keep his wife loyal has devolved into drugging her whenever she remembers all the stupid, awful poo poo Thinker's doing.

Side note: I'ma keep using 'he' unless I have reason to believe that the now-transsexual Clifford DeVoe has decided to also change gender.

I'm assuming that the reason DeVoe is body swapping like this is to avoid breaking down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I'm wondering is if the dead DeVoe body they left in Barry's apartment had the top of his head missing too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cold gun alone would have a bunch of non superhero/villain uses.

Also anyone else laugh really hard at last week's "freeze proof lasers" mention by the mayor?

Edit: In regards to DeVoe body swapping, it looked like he was doing it in sequence so that he would get the person's power before moving on to the next.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 9, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of bizarre that, as far as I've noticed, they never even gave a hand wavey explanation as to why Wally wasn't helping out when Barry was in prison. It seems like something he probably should have come back to town for.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I enjoyed this episode up until the end. Like I laughed really hard at Ralph making fun of the hallway pep talks but then just straight up murdering the new character was crappy. Everything with Izzy felt really compressed, it should have been at least a couple of episode arc instead of everything happening on the day after meeting her.

Also, how stupid do Barry and Ralph think people are? Showing up talking to Izzy in civilian clothes and then two guys who look exactly the same show up dressed in costumes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The scene with Barry running through the Speed Force with the lightning behind him was pretty good looking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cirus posted:

I remember a Quicksilver comic explaining that he's a jerk because to him everyone is that slow person in line who doesn't move. He has to deliberately slow his speech to a crawl so other people can understand him and does a thousand piece puzzle while waiting for the other person to give a response during the course of normal conversation.

In Young Avengers, Speed (who was the son of the Scarlet Witch) at one point has a job where he does super speed assembly of items. He tells another character that while it looks like he just did everything in two seconds it was two subjective weeks for him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The biggest mistake they made early on was keeping Iris away from Team Flash. This meant she was frequently kept separate from the "actual" plot of the episode and had to subsist on subplots.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Koalas March posted:

Maybe Star is actually Flint. That would... Make a lot of sense.

Star City kind of has to be on the West coast seeing as the Queen's Gambit sailed from there to the South China Sea, which could be possible if it was somewhere else but I kind of doubt they would have gone through all that inconvenience.

On an unrelated note I had something weird happen when watching through the app. Like halfway through the episode the commercials just stopped and every time it went to break it instead just came right back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if they even know Wally has joined the Legends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Renewed

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Life Sentence's ratings loving SUCK so it probably won't be renewed.

Also the 100 hasn't started yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Was there a rumor of another DC show this fall?

There's that Titans show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was originally going to be on TNT but yes, I believe it is now on some nascent streaming service, along with a new season of Young Justice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

He could've also brought in his pet villain Onomatopoeia.

Didn't they say some Arrow-verse character was supposed to be Onomatopoeia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barry saying they don't kill their enemies would probably have more weight if it wasn't how they dealt with every other season's big bad.