Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oliver is back to his recurve bow.

Now i'm on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobby Digital posted:

Gonna have to go back to the sleeveless costume for Dig

Heavy machine guns need air cooling..

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is it hard to get he IT guy to green light the tech babble scene?

"Yo Urkle, does this look right for tech babble...."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Curtis is right down there with Winn in ability to keep secrets though.

I thought it was scientific fact gay men can't keep secrets.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think i'll be just watching this show for the crossovers from now on.

As much as i love Slade and Felicity's legs, i'm just checked out...

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 12, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

Did we even get to see Slade’s legs this episode?

It's hard to say, did he have shorts on in the camping scene, or were they just trees?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah Arrow has been been solid, but Flash & LoT are in great shape and Supergirl is still really solid overall so it's just kinda...around. I'm hoping we now know who the big bad of the season is and things can pick up a bit, this recent episode felt like a catalyst.

This guy is wrong.

Arrow has been flat and lifeless since last season, Slade is the only high point.
Flash has been shithouse in almost every way except for Cisco and unbelievably, Iris. The comicbook science is like they are just throwing buzzwords together from IFLS articles.
Supergirl is aiight, zero romance this season, just action and angst.
LoT is LoT.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

:shrug: To each their own

I salute you and your opinion.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

8one6 posted:

So I stopped watching Arrow a couple of seasons ago during peak "Felicity and pals" drama after Laura died. But this episode of the crossover looked like Laura was back.

Did Black Siren join Team Arrow? Wasn't she in Camp X-Ray Vision?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rule 1 and 2 is not limited by sexuality

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ApeHawk posted:

Just watch William become Oliver's Damien.

Can't be done, Damein is a motherfucking Teeninja

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it would be more believable if David Mazouz showed up randomly as Bruce Wayne and Oliver trained him to be Batman. Wasn't Mazouz angling to play Damien in the DCEU already? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

You need a kid that ha done tricking since he was 5. That's my issue wIth Dick as Robin, you need someone who looks like he can backflip over a wall.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Speedy is back next year?

He better have a metal arm

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

V-Men posted:

Come back, reveal he's the Green Arrow and that he faked his death to arrow under a name mantle, and then fake his death again.

A fake worse than death!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Josh Brolin for Deathstroke!

Lets get this guy another superhero role.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ojjeorago posted:

It’s already being played by the werewolf guy from How I Met Your Mother.

I thought that was all defunct in the trademark "DC changes everything, because."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

This is the world I want to live in.

Where did Hal Jordon touch you?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes that's Harley Quinn and yes that's the last you'll ever see of her on Arrow because lol Suicide Squad movie, WB is dumb.

Not only Harley, it was Tara Strong's voice too. Maybe even the back of her head, i can't remember.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Cursed Forgurt.

DoctorWhat posted:

That's good!

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bbf2 posted:

Felicity.....DEFUSED melodrama and pointless character conflict instead of contributing to it? What world am I living in?

She's basically a single mother now. Ain't got time for melodrama.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I stopped liking him once he changed his uniform.

Bring back Zombie Apocalypse Mighty Ducks,.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was totes expecting him to turn up in Thea's old costume and plant an arrow in Ben's typing hand.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiggum posted:

Nah, he's free again now.

Also the fact that she's a recognisable character whose betrayal might have meant something. Unlike whatsisname, the guy who's been hanging around with the other bad guys. That guy only showed up this season, right? Why are we supposed to care about him?

Who? And who?

William aka Speedy II and Ben :lost:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

I assume it was referring to "him" (William but no context) and "Ben" (not even the character's name)

He'll die Benjamin Linus. It's his curse.

6 years is a long time man

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Membership drive for the no Olivers club, get Roy back in the game,

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

I think the problem was that they seemed like they worked backwards on the idea of Diaz/Dragon. I'm assuming they came up with the character and the idea that he'd be the secret mastermind. They came up with the idea of putting him as one of Cayden's lackies to pull the Keyser Soze trick. Then they filled up Cayden's lackies with familiar characters in Black Siren, Anatoly, and Vigilante to make Diaz less conspicuous. But since we were familiar with those three and two of them kept getting story and character work this season Diaz just ended up feeling at best like a warm body with Anatoly to fill out the ranks or at worst an anonymous grunt like Whats-His-Face who Vigilante killed.

None of it speaks to whether or not he'll be a good villain in the second half. We really have no idea. Its really just about that mid-season surprise that kind of flopped.

I like Acevedo and think he plays a great villain so I'm hopeful.

Kirk Avacado is a kickass time traveller too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys i'm having a crisis... i could watch Arrow tonight, or i could stab myself ion the thigh with a fork.

Pros and cons?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

Would you rather have pain in your thigh or your head?

Leg, for sure. I can't sleep with a headache.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

I think the show runners for flash and arrow traded all their writers for a finite number of monkeys on typewriters

That makes the best sense. Everyone knows apes are the writers.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Joe Toy owns basically the entire City while the heroes are busy loving off with their personal issues.

And I guess this episode answers a question I've had for a while; Rene's bullets I guess are non-lethal?

Hitler gets one of these right across the windpipe, Roosevelt changes Thanksgiving to Joe Toye Day, pays me ten grand a year for the rest of my loving life.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I already solved the Black Siren problem.

She dies. While dead she encounters original Laurels soul, they fight, she goes to hell and our Laurel comes back.

Bring in John to smooth poo poo out.

Legends just got a nice doodad that helps with stuff like dead sisters. I'd wage my future children on it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

As a way to write Thea out of the show, hunting down Lazarus pits with Roy and Nyssa is a pretty good one.

Bring Roy to Legends. Camp Ref'ugee.
The team is down one gay man.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm fine with the way they wrote them off and the idea that Nyssa and Thea are off having adventures and can show up alone or together later. Roy's inclusion and reintroducing just feels very superfulous.

I get that they were trying to give Thea some happy reason to leave so Oliver and everyone was cool with it in a way they wouldn't have been if she had just gone off with Nyssa to dodge Assasins. But Roy was third wheeled so bad that they wrote in him moping about it and then inviting himself along.

Which makes me laugh, but just makes me want him to meet Wally more.

They stuck a cap on him, and it wasn't red. Never forgiving that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

So I guess they junked Roy's suit at some point?

Oh and that cop Curtis asked out is totally dead.

Roy's been on the hotdogs and retirement diet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

I like Roy better than all the other chucklefucks they had on their team this year. Roy would kick all their asses.

Roy's the one that got away.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

He's very solid looking.

He's in Lucifer. He's a tank.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

• Merlyn
  • Cupid
  • Deathstroke
  • Amanda Waller
  • Deadshot
  • Boomerang
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Harley Qui--lol no

Clearly Arrow's greatest foe remains WB Corporate.

Who do you gloat over when all your enemies are dead?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Playing through FC5 with a bow and there could be a pretty cool FPS Arrow game where you run around shooting fools with a bow and arrow.

If a game has a bow it in, i make it a point to go full Robin of Lockersley as much as possible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mooseontheloose posted:

Flash is good this season, just not season 1 good. And season 3 wasn't that bad.

You wot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Titans show is actually filming as there was a lot of racist fans freaking out about black Starfire after some set pics leaked.

loving idiots... She's orange.