Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was waiting for Felicity and Helena to start typing on the same keyboard to stop Ben.

Ugh, Hacker Wars is basically the worst plot for any kind of action show, but they always do it because they have internet on computers now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arrow is the definition of Sunk Cost. I have zero interest in anything going on right now, but I've been watching so long I just keep watching. At least I got to see Slade do his thing.

Why are secret government organizations such chumps in Arrowverse? Shouldn't Argus made the FBI go away, or DEO be able to deal with people extra judiciously? SHIELD would have this tied up in an instant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Carlosologist posted:

oh boy, Captain Lance as a Nazi captain

He's the die hard Imperial Officer in Battlefront 2. I spend the whole game looking at the character going "he's so familiar!" then at the end I realized who it was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That reminded me, I saw Katie Cassidy in the credits, but she wasn't in the episode. I figured there was a nazi version of her, but then we'd get all nazisplotation Laurel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Carlosologist posted:

there's still a solid two hours of crossover, Laurel might show up!

True! Maybe Obergruppenfurhur Lance has both daughters alive!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I'm waiting for him to develop Phantasm balls to throw at enemies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Curtis eating Rene's burger was a pretty jerk movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was the one Guy had briefly, like during his stint in the Justice League that was around when Superman died, wasn't it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Guy Gardner briefly wore Sinestro's yellow ring, back in the early '90s. At some point Sinestro got it back, probably around the same time Guy became Warrior, a shape-shifter with Vuldarian DNA. The early '90s were pretty stupid over at DC Comics.

Jessica Cruz's ring is green, and it belonged to Power Ring, an evil but cowardly Green Lantern analogue from the Crime Syndicate of Earth 3. The ring controlled him through psychological bullying and physical pain, and attempted to do the same thing to Jessica, but she was able to turn the tables on it.

Oh that's right, I completely forgot about Power Ring, I knew it was a ring from a villain.

They really had no idea what to do with Guy until fairly recently.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phenotype posted:

What's a crogurt?

Cursed Forgurt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DoctorWhat posted:

That's bad.

But you get your choice of topping

I really hate vigilante. He's basically a terrible version of Deathstroke. James has the sane problem that Devoe has on Flash, he's outsmarting the heroes, but only because the heroes are being really dumb.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah the image of the ARGUS divers floating to the surface like dead fish.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Joe Toy owns basically the entire City while the heroes are busy loving off with their personal issues.

And I guess this episode answers a question I've had for a while; Rene's bullets I guess are non-lethal?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Beens posted:

Rene has always been a totally stupid member of the team, he has never brought anything other than "dual wields full auto pistols".

Yea, he's basically the #1 reason I keep thinking "why am I still watching this show?" because he ads nothing to the show other than just being the guy who always is giving pushback against what ever everyone else is doing.

"I'm going to get some coffee"
" I don't think that's a good idea Hoss, you should be drinking tea"

Its pretty bad that Legends is ten times better than Arrow now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The no kill thing would make more sense if the villains where less vile and hateful. Like if Ollie had just killed Diaz right there, that would have solved a lot of problems.

And I really hope no one is actually trushing Black Siren. I mean, they're really dumb this season, but they can't be that dumb.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xelkelvos posted:

If they have another series that's basically just a team up of previous DCCW characters (but maybe more budget friendly), I think Thea and/or Roy might be a good fit.

That's called Legends of Tomorrow. (in case you weren't joking)

nine-gear crow posted:

If nothing else, they need to make this properly canon

https://twitter.com/katrinalaw/status/968651848222523393

Hah, I didn't notice it at first

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

Playing through FC5 with a bow and there could be a pretty cool FPS Arrow game where you run around shooting fools with a bow and arrow.

This is like in the new Tomb Raider games Lara is Kate Bishop when she's got the bow.

I love how this episode had them saying "oh this Diaz is nothing, just a low level drug dealer" then at the end he's brazenly sitting in SCGPs captains office. It's going to be amusing to see how the city officals will still not be convinced he's a threat when he's running the town.

This show is dumb, and I'm where I was just before I dropped off Walking Dead. Maybe it will turn around in the next episode, but I can barely care. Oh well, I had this during the Hive arc too, but it did turn itself around, but Diaz is no Damien Darkh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Unless Ollie gets sent to a Villains prison, and they fill it with the bottom tier DC villains, prison season would suck.

every episode would be him trying to avoid getting shanked, treated like poo poo by the guards and warden. We'd find out some powerful prisoner has a personal vendetta against him, and he has to form his own gang inside the prison to stop him and stop the prison from being hell.

While on the outside, the team tries to get Ollie out of prison, both legal and extralegal methods. All the while Diaz is basically king of the city but no one believes it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fight was cool, but I still cannot give a poo poo about Diaz.

The whole thing was as cliche as gently caress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I admit, evil Katie Cassidy is pretty sexy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Diaz is actually from the future and he has the whole show on bluray

loving Quentin, never trust a another Laurel!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was expecting the Argus officer to be on Diaz's payroll. Because he's so powerful and rich he owns even off the books black ops government organizations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know, SHIELD would have done Diaz right there. ARGUS is a bunch of chumps for a super secret government organization.

Amanda Waller is spinning in her grave.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

SHIELD would have shot Diaz in the chest 4 times only to have him survive :v:

Maybe if Maria Hill was in charge, but Fury, Diaz would just vanish of the face of the earth.

Also, of course Diaz has access to CIA information. Though it's not a stretch to believe he owns Trump, i mean, anyone with 5 bux can get a piece of that giant cheeto.

And there was zero problems with what Team Flash did, as it was impossible for Oliver to get a fair trial. The show has presented that basically the entire city is owned by Diaz. I want to find out just how much the cops are being given, because owning the whole department has go to be expensive. I'm sure if you worked it out, Diaz would probably exceed someone like Bezos's incomes in just bribes.

But they don't care about that kind of poo poo, Diaz owns everyone, even though the logistics of that are impossible.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 6, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They'd beat Diaz and Mick would be right about to burn him down, then both Ollie and Barry show up and tell him "No you can't do that! Why? Becuase...uh...killing is wrong! We have to give him over to the justice system...yes I know its incredibly corrupt and he owns basically everyone, but we can't kill....its wrong!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We're a giant evil criminal empire, but we're too weak to stop some street punk from taking over! God my assessment of the Arrow writers not giving a gently caress anymore is so obvious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's no satisfying way this season can end. Is Ollie going to challange Diaz to a honourable fight? Do we get some moment were Ollie hestiates to take him out for some contrived reason?

Maybe if all the secrets of Diaz get out and everyone In Star City knows their entire Law Enforcement and Justice system is in the hand of a exceedingly cruel criminal and the city riots, tearing the corrupt cops and Diaz apart with their bare hands. Then there all "we don't need cops, the Green Arrow is the only one that's put this city before themselves!"

That sounds terrible enough for it to be how it ends.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiggum posted:

Both of those things already happened.

Yes, exactly. They're probably just going to recycle what we've already seen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kinda wish they had no said that Blackthorne won't be coming back to Arrow next season, it telegraphed his death. Though good thing I forgot Caity Lotz was in the opening credits, so it was a surprised when she showed up.

I do like that Ollie just straight up stabbed Diaz finally. Also great seeing a government organization actually be competent on the show. Also, that's the first time I've actually liked Rene.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blaise330 posted:

I mean the actor's cool but this char is getting beyond a Roman Reigns push

It reminds me of why I turned on Wresting so hard. loving Triple H, lets not actually put any work in getting him over, lets just have him win all the time and everyone is always talking about how scary and mean he is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

The writing staff for next season posted a group picture to Twitter recently
https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/1001571727443308545
I'll admit, I'm more curious to see how the show does next fall now.

I'm impressed that many women are Arrow writers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All super powerful secret organizations are always like that in TV. They're built up to be super powerful and sinister, but get chumped by a main character as soon as the plot needs it to be. It really reminded me of lovely 90s action shows in that way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Feenix posted:

Just popping in to say I'm behind and I'm halfway through one ep past Diggle leaving. This is insufferable melodramatic nonsense. Do I dare bother stick it out? Tell me it rights its ship soon?

I realized I missed this episode and didn't bother going back to watch it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Lots of longing looks and hands touching the glass.

But yea Its going to be exactly like the Flash prison arc but without Goldberg.

A goon in the Supergirl thread said Arrow did OMAC, I do not remember that at all.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 14, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

They did Brother Eye. OMAC never really showed up.

Yea I remember Brother Eye being Felicities old Boyfriend, but no OMAC. I'd think i'd recognize if a character called One Man Army Corps showed up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nooneofconsequence posted:

Diaz is back, and this time he wants to totally destroy Oliver.

Do they want to keep people from watching the Series?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, I thought Diaz being back was a joke, but he's really back?

gently caress this show. Arrow is as bad as Walking Dead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GobiasIndustries posted:

Let’s not say things we can’t take back.

I seriously mean it. Another villain that is magically competent and powerful beyond the reality of the show played by an actor who is too good for the garbage show.

STAC Goat posted:

I still contend Diaz can be fine now that he's had all the "tell but don't show" evil criminal mastermind stuff stripped away and is just a psychopath with a grudge. Acevedo can absolutely make that work and has plenty of times.

But obviously a lot of people hate the show too much at this stage to give that a second chance.

Arrows writers have not given me anything to show they've improved.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

irlZaphod posted:

- Ollie and Felicity got married at Barry and Iris' wedding. Ollie spent half the season worrying about his son, William, who is living with him, and regularly abandoned him to go risk his life fighting crime.

At least they had Iris be salty about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

I hate hate hate when this becomes A Thing on the internet. Like it's not enough that there's a LGBT superhero show coming out or that they actually got an out actress to star but noooo people just can't be happy.

I'm pretty suspect that this kind of poo poo is actually trolls trying to poo poo over people. All my gay friends are over the moon for this.

I hope she is from Kara's earth, both because it makes more sense to the narrative and also so Alex and Kate can meet.