Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Mmm yes by all means please walk Matt loving Wieters on four pitches to get to arguably the hottest bat in the Nats lineup this series in Taylor. Phenomenal plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:siren: Not getting no hit :siren:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Can the Cubs get a run off of a man literally dying of mold poisoning on the mound? Or is it time for the ol' Cubs strand job.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The wind giveth, the wind taketh away

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That was simultaneously not what I expected and yet exactly what I expected out of a Baez AB.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Now watch the Nats be actually competent and not strand their one out double.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao jake

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao loving :rip:

I'm going back to work.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The only thing that's looked moldy today is the Cubs' offense. Well and the Nats offense, but thankfully the Cubs decided to gift them an unearned run.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Everybody in the loving universe knows he's going to throw a changeup outside of the zone. Except the Cubs hitters, who keep thinking it must be some kind of trick only to swing and miss at a changeup out of the zone.

Cubs please.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Maddon is aware there are other pitchers in the bullpen right? Like, tons of them? Or does he think it's just CJ and Davis playing cards?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Zwabu posted:

Why is Lester pitching relief in this game instead of being saved for possible game 5? Hendricks vs. Roark is good matchup for Cubs despite away game, is it not?

It's probably going to be Hendricks vs Gio but yeah it's a good matchup which is why he's using Lester now and relying on Hendricks to get the job done again.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
jfc maddon he's cooked what are you doing

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Sometimes I seriously wonder if Maddon just legit forgets about relief arms. Where has Duensing been all series? Guy has been nails out of the pen and yet Maddon would rather trot Edwards out for the fourth game in a row to die.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Picture perfect, really.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm sorry Cubbies, but that slam was really funny. Just the way it barely plinked into the net and the fan sadly scooped it up.

You don't have to be sorry, I was laughing too. Mostly because of the irony, but also because #thatscub finally has the perfect .gif of all time.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Doesn't matter when the Cubs can't score.

Ding ding ding. If the Cubs lose this 5-0 then the slam and Maddon's hilariously inept pen management were meaningless in the grand scheme.

That said watch them tee off Madson and/or Doolittle and lose 5-4.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Can Kris Bryant avoid the golden sombrero? Let's find out together!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Basticle posted:

imagine going 108 years since your last world series win and going out like this

Thankfully they won last year so at least for a little while subsequent losses can be blamed on actual things instead of adding to the crushing weight of the curse.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sydin posted:

Can Kris Bryant avoid the golden sombrero? Let's find out together!

The answer is no :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Your Taint posted:

I'm confident in the fact that I couldn't have done worse at the plate today then the reigning NL MVP.

I'm fairly confident that I would have actually done better, if only because after striking out swinging twice in a row on changeups low in the dirt, I would have left the bat on my shoulder 3-2 in the third AB and at least walked.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

New Concept Hole posted:

Amazing artificially inflated at bat here

I don't know what you're talking about

https://twitter.com/CubsUmp/status/918261015187525632

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hendricks is gonna throw a CGSHO and it won't matter because the Cubs will fail to score any runs off a combination of Gio and Scherzer on three days rest. Edwards will inexplicably come in for the 10th and promptly give up the winning run.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Reminder that Justin Wilson's entire justification for being on the playoff roster is that Daniel Murphy is 0-6 in his career off him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

hahaha just turned on the game, wilson's thrown 2 pitches and there's already someone on first

To be fair that was Duensing's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cubs are bad.

Book it.

• Locked thread