Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Picnics?
Yes, they are for connecting with your family&friends in the great outdoors over a meal.
I have never been to a picnic before, and most likely never will.
Why is the OP so mad about picnics?
View Results

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't know what your idea of a picnic is but it's generally a gathering of friends and loved ones that go outside and enjoy a bunch of really good food and possibly do some fun outdoor activities. Generally drinking during the day and having fun. It doesn't have to be at a park. It can just be in someone's back yard.

Who the gently caress hasn't been to a picnic besides a retarded shut-in? And that's coming from me. It's basically synonymous with a BBQ unless you're thinking of the whole taking the wicker basket with a little lady wearing a bow in her hair and a throwing a quilt down on the rolling hills filled with dandelions that literally doesn't happen except in movies.

Also who the gently caress doesn't know how to use a grill? Turn propane on. Light. Cook food on it. Of if you want to be fancy... Put charcoal in grill. Light. Cook food on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rutibex posted:

uh if you are grilling things its a barbecue not a picnic

What if I brought grilled chicken wings to a picnic? Is the only difference between a BBQ and a picnic a grill?

Same thing. Just add heat.

Can I bring BBQ baked beans in a crock pot to a picnic?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If I'm at a picnic and then someone wants to grill something it's no longer a picnic and someone loving ruined it for everyone and now it's a BBQ?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No alcohol. Day 11.

gently caress everyone and everything.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like most people don't know how to/suck at lighting charcoal. It's not really difficult but you do sorta have to understand it to manage them properly.

Honestly those charcoal chimney starters are pretty cool. At least for the fact that they get them all going at once and you don't have to worry about one side burning faster than the other right when you start out.

I took my meds a couple of hours ago btw so everything is cool now. I need a med change ASAP. Tomorrow actually.

BBQs/picnics are cool. I'm guessing they won't be now that I'm not drinking though. Going to miss a family wedding in a few weeks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ArbitraryC posted:

Chimney's are great and I like small charcoal grills for just a regular dinner. Just sayin that I think people who know how to light and maintain coal grills are p rare nowadays, it's something simple like changing a tire but it's a lost art.

This is true. Just using a piece of newspaper and a match or lighter, or better yet (thanks Alton Brown), a piece of newspaper with canola/vegetable oil on it works just fine. Lighter fluid is fun, but it makes everything taste like poo poo and people end up using half the bottle due to how ineffective it is.

I still have yet to use lump charcoal which I really want to try. I don't have a charcoal grill anymore since my garage is full to the gills but I'd like to get one of those small Webers again. Plus I'm in Wisconsin and I don't want to be fiddling around with charcoal when it's snowing and -10F and windy as hell. Propane works better in those conditions. I have a feeling I'll get another charcoal grill again next spring.

Now I can always have a BBQ for one! :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Or a bench. Or chairs.

• Locked thread