Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cant cook creole bream posted:

Rachel Bloom: A actress.

... and an singer!

Edit: Hey, this was nice:

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/959176511696883718

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Hasn't been a whole lot going on with Josh these last few episodes now that Nathaniel has more or less taken over his role.

Also, "bee emoticon" has become my favourite running joke.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This time jump has made Rebecca and Nathaniel into terrible pieces of poo poo who I have no sympathy for, not a great idea for your lead, woops

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Escobarbarian posted:

This time jump has made Rebecca and Nathaniel into terrible pieces of poo poo who I have no sympathy for, not a great idea for your lead, woops

Well she has always been the villain in her own story...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I’ve been seeing some of that defence, like “she’s always been terrible!!” but definitely not in this same way, there’s no way to make this sympathetic or whatever like it did with all her obsessive breakdown stuff, this is carrying on an affair for eight months while being told constantly to stop. There isn’t a way you can do this and not be an awful piece of poo poo.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah I’ve been seeing some of that defence, like “she’s always been terrible!!” but definitely not in this same way, there’s no way to make this sympathetic or whatever like it did with all her obsessive breakdown stuff, this is carrying on an affair for eight months while being told constantly to stop. There isn’t a way you can do this and not be an awful piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWFfrQtHag0

You're used to how she used to be unhealthy. This is just a new way she's unhealthy, exchanging obsession for safety.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Escobarbarian posted:

Have you even been watching this show? She's consistently done terrible things the whole time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
.....did you even read the post you’re responding to?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Escobarbarian posted:

Yes. You're arguing that this is somehow worse than all the other terrible stuff she's been doing the whole time. It isn't. It's not even close to the worst she's done.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Escobarbarian posted:

She's been stalking, lying, manipulating, and framing people the whole time. She ran over Josh's girlfriend's cat! Sleeping with someone she didn't know's boyfriend is pretty much the middle of the pack as far as horrible things she's done.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The entire first season of this show (spanning about a year in real-time?) was premised on her ruining this guy's relationship because she was obsessed with him. At least in this case the dude is an accomplice instead of a dupe. Baby steps.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
None of those were followed up with “oh but you’re doing really well and are in a much better place”

This is really really basic, my dudes

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So did you miss the part where Paula berates her, or the part where she goes to a party in her honor, finally confronts the fact that there is another person involved, and breaks it off, or what?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And when you're living with a personality disorder, it's never going to be "perfect" and well adjusted.

Rebecca knowing her limits and being aware of her tendencies and being able to keep even a sex-only relationship going for 8 months without getting obsessive really is doing a lot better for her.

That doesn't make what she's doing good, but on a scale of poo poo that she's done, it is massively better and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging improvement.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Schlub Husband posted:

Hasn't been a whole lot going on with Josh these last few episodes now that Nathaniel has more or less taken over his role.

Thank god for this. I like how everyone in this episode has been shown evolving in one way or another, except for Josh.

also Valencia finding a meaningful relationship is just the best goddamn thing omg

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I kinda wish Valencia did stuff this season, it just feels like she's just there. Even Hector has had more of an arc this season. I mean they kind of give her something in this episode, but they literally skip over all the interesting bits during the timeskip so she's just dating a woman we met five minutes earlier and know nothing about.

Tiggum posted:

Have you even been watching this show? She's consistently done terrible things the whole time.

Not only that, Nathaniel's whole thing is he's a terrible human being.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Butt Load of Cats!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Butt Load of Cats!
They also recorded an uncensored version, Fuckton of Cats.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh no! It was a love test. You failed. :(

It's really fitting that Rachel Bloom's husband gets to torture Trent.
https://twitter.com/Racheldoesstuff/status/962131650808303616

Just imagine that for a few months.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 10, 2018

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Oh no! It was a love test. You failed. :(

It's really fitting that Rachel Bloom's husband gets to torture Trent.
https://twitter.com/Racheldoesstuff/status/962131650808303616

Just imagine that for a few months.

"Full-o'-pee-no." Come on.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Start of scene: "I look like a Nickelodeon host!"

End of scene: *covered in green goo*

:discourse:

This episode was a great vehicle for Trent, Rebecca's Iago. Will she ever come to terms with being a bad person to her friend/s? ONE MORE EPISODE TO FIND OUT!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wonder what Season 3 song Trent is gonna cover next season!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Senerio posted:

I wonder what Season 3 song Trent is gonna cover next season!

Fit Hot Guys, obviously.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Fit Hot Guys, obviously.

I mean it's clearly gonna be Let's Generalize About Women...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Senerio posted:

I mean it's clearly gonna be Let's Generalize About Women...

It's clearly gonna be Maybe He's Not Such a Heinous Bitch After All

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
First vagina I saw.

Edit: Actually no. He uses Rebeccas songs after all.
Though he could pull of an interesting version of "after everything I've done for you."

Alternatively he sings "A diagnosis" with the result that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him, since he is a healthy, rational person.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 10, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My Best Friend's Mom

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My Best Friend's Mom

He starts hanging out with Hector's mother.

Does Josh still live there, after Hector moved out? It's been 8 months.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 10, 2018

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So we can just write Josh out of the show at this point, right?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I've Got My Head in the Gutter

Does Josh still live there, after Hector moved out? It's been 8 months.

That's a good question. That's never been resolved.

Harlock posted:

So we can just write Josh out of the show at this point, right?

He seems to be out of Rebecca's life and in this episode was mostly used for Valencia's development. So.... probably? It'd be a shame to see Vince go, though. Great dance moves and singing.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He seems to be out of Rebecca's life and in this episode was mostly used for Valencia's development. So.... probably? It'd be a shame to see Vince go, though. Great dance moves and singing.
They've said they only plan one more season, so they just need to give him some closure next season. Josh's final storyline is probably going to be him finding something he's good at, succeeding, and his parents finally being proud of him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gobbeldygook posted:

They've said they only plan one more season, so they just need to give him some closure next season. Josh's final storyline is probably going to be him finding something he's good at, succeeding, and his parents finally being proud of him.

Speaking of which, we still haven't heard confirmation that it's been renewed for a fourth season. :ohdear:

In that livestream I think she was asked about it and said that she has no doubt the show will be renewed, but I'm nervous.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Speaking of which, we still haven't heard confirmation that it's been renewed for a fourth season. :ohdear:

In that livestream I think she was asked about it and said that she has no doubt the show will be renewed, but I'm nervous.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is the lowest rated show on network TV but it will probably still get renewed because it's a critical darling and not particularly expensive. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is responsible for seven of the 18 Emmy nominations the CW has ever gotten, including two wins. It gets long think pieces written about it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's ratings are up this year! Like .4 of a point

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm doing what I can to promote it, but I myself watch it through the CW app, I hope that counts.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fuckload of Cats was one of the funniest songs on the show ever. I love Rebecca giving the background woman the yarn and smugly saying "It's an afghan!"

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The "Royal" was like where The Gang went to their high school reunion except it was real and cool and it worked.

This show is fun and good, it's got heart.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

How are u posted:

The "Royal" was like where The Gang went to their high school reunion except it was real and cool and it worked.

This show is fun and good, it's got heart.

BLAM! :v:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What is it with those bacon wrapped dates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zil posted:

What is it with those bacon wrapped dates?

Most episodes have a running gag. Last week's was the buddy cop show on NBC.

• Locked thread