Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The last time I mentioned this I should have kept my mouth shut. I said that the links at the bottom of the page should say first page/last page since it went to the top of the last page, not to the last post.

Then it got changed to actually go to the last post, which to me kinda sucks because then I go Last Post >end of last page>immediately scroll back to top of last page.

Maybe other people want to catch up by only reading the very last post of a thread but I pretty much always want a little context so starting at the top of the last page of the thread was way better.

E- and for a real error, when I posted this minor complaint I got the image upload failed/code 100 error that comes from screenshots most of the time, but there wasn't any way to clear the error message so I had to force quit.

Minor quibbles aside, thanks for everything I love the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Logged in fine on my Ouija board but thread titles take forever to load.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

maskenfreiheit posted:

Suddenly trying to filter by thread tag in gbs glitches (no tags show up)

Must locate egg thread (see below)

Wtf now I need that thread too

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t follow the thread so forgive me if these were already posted:

1- after hitting preview the post is displayed as a preview but the preview button stays, never changing to “post”. I have to back out of the post completely then hit the pen/post button from the thread view which takes me back to preview, but this time with the post button.

2- lately the bottom quarter or so of the screen goes gray and I’m not sure what’s triggering it. If I tap in the gray then the whole screen goes gray.

I’m on an 8+ with the latest version of the test app. I can add details if needed.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Just wanted to add a belated thanks for zoom, that’s the best update 🥂

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The app crashes every time I go into portrait mode, so whenever I tilt my phone a little too much it crashes.

I’m on a 8 plus with the latest update.

E- nm I reinstalled and it’s ok :downs:

E2- nope it’s back. Turn the phone and the app crashes

Snowy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 15, 2019

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Snowy posted:

The app crashes every time I go into portrait mode, so whenever I tilt my phone a little too much it crashes.

I’m on a 8 plus with the latest update.

E- nm I reinstalled and it’s ok :downs:

E2- nope it’s back. Turn the phone and the app crashes

abbazabba posted:

Same here, on iPhone 6s with the latest iOS 13.

Is this only happening on older phones? I kind of expected the thread to be filled with people reporting this happening. Sucks how often I get crashes now

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Red_Fred posted:

Ben meaning you come here to say a big thank you to the developers! This is probably my most used app on my phone and it’s super solid and reliable.

This but it crashes all the time

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Subjunctive posted:

Am I the only one that crashes beta pretty much every time I switch orientation on the phone?

I have orientation lock on all the time now which sucks but the constant crashes were tiresome

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MarcusSA posted:

TBH I don’t think I’ve ever had it crash on orientation switch.

I hadn’t either until it started happening every time recently

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Subjunctive posted:

Orientation switch is fixed for me in beta, thanks a ton. My sleepy time reading will be nicer now.

Wooooooo hell yeah it works, sweet liberation! Thanks for the fix ❤️

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Sometimes when I’m going to a thread from my bookmarks, the “previous post” button doesn’t appear so I have to go back a page and then forward to the one I was on. Is this a known issue?

Happens to me too. Also the thread title disappears.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

spanky the dolphin posted:

Breadnroses.net has potential maybe as a post SA site? If the poo poo hits the fan maybe we can rebuild a new Awful app there. It'll be fun coming up with a new app name!

Bmr seems to have the most potential so far but could really use an app like this. It’s a little hard for me to read and makes me very aware of what a great job you guys did with awful.app. Thank you! I used the gently caress out of it and loved it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

How do you post gifs from the iOS photo album?

I tried posting like an image but it didn’t animate.

E- sorry if this isn’t quite the right thread but I’m using Awful

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah this is probably an Imgur thing. Might be easier to just setup a shortcut

I wish I knew how. Anyone done this successfully already? Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If I bookmark every thread what’ll happen

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

teen witch posted:

I feel like a moron but why can’t I upload GIFs? It goes right to non animated PNGs

I’ve tried a few ways people have suggested but never got it to work with awful :shrug:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Subjunctive posted:

I've observed this happening when we're restored after some time in the background. I think the WebView preparation code isn't re-running correcting in that case, or something. Usually it goes away if I go to any other thread than the one that was loaded when I put Awful into the background. Does that match your experience?

That’s exactly what happens for me fwiw

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I can’t open a smilie image by holding down on it anymore, it selects nearby text instead

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Did the iMessage stickers go away or do I need to reinstall or something?

I’m hoping it’s a glitch because I love them.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ve noticed this bug that might be well known but I don’t follow the thread, so here goes: I’ve notice that when I’m in the newest page of a thread and click a quoted post to try to get to that original post, if a new post has been made in the meantime the page will just show that new post and ignores the fact that I clicked on a link to an earlier one. Even if I load previous posts then try clicking on the quoted post link again the same thing happens. That link will only work if I reload the page.

Hope that makes sense.

E- I’m on an 8 plus with latest iOS and awful test version

Snowy fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 31, 2021

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

And here I was just thinking it was my fingers getting fatter or something

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What’s the deal with YouTube videos?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I still want the iMessage stickers back :pray:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

shortspecialbus posted:

Legitimately cannot believe there are people not using frog or dog.

Please remove all other icons to help bring these people back to the light.

The five ratings are the best ones for making sure nobody wants to click the icon if they’re looking at your phone

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I hear the android app has a smiley search but I’ve never seen it so :shrug:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:agreed:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Dave posted:

I actually feel like the intent was for it to be last page and maybe something got mixed up?

I blame myself, it used to say last post but went to the top of the last page. I thought they might want it to say last page instead of post but instead it got changed to go to the bottom of the page :shrug:

Snowy posted:

The last time I mentioned this I should have kept my mouth shut. I said that the links at the bottom of the page should say first page/last page since it went to the top of the last page, not to the last post.

Then it got changed to actually go to the last post, which to me kinda sucks because then I go Last Post >end of last page>immediately scroll back to top of last page.

Maybe other people want to catch up by only reading the very last post of a thread but I pretty much always want a little context so starting at the top of the last page of the thread was way better.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There used to be a shortcut for Imgur uploads that didn’t make you save the photo first, Is that not possible anymore? You could just copy from a site and upload in one shot.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tenkaris posted:

This one is more robust and will do that for you, but also doesn't automatically wrap the URL in img tags. You can add that in if you want though

Warbird posted:

Additionally you can tweak the “saved photo” one to copy from clipboard and more or less be good to go.

If any of you kind bitches make these changes please post a link or directions, I’m dumb and will gently caress it up otherwise but I miss when I had one that did all this until it broke

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thank you!! :wooper:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Red Baron posted:

Hey can the format option when text is highlighted be moved to the front?

I’m on iOS and given the layout I think “no” is the answer but gently caress I use those more than any other option in that menu except [img] and paste

Huh wow, I never even looked at that, I’ve been typing out that stuff like a loving animal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

b_d posted:

not sure what you mean. if i click on a thread, the first post i see is one i haven't marked read yet. if i realize it has a big rear end video i can't watch right now i want to return it to unread so i can see it later. to do that, i have to load previous posts and then locate the post right above the one that initially loaded first, and mark THAT post as my last read. so to get back where i was before i need to load more posts and scroll
to the right spot.

if it marked as first *unread* instead i could just do that on the post i can't fully consume yet, and go back to the index.

doesn't matter since i don't imagine it will change

edit: oh if you're saying you have to have the post visible in your field of view and thus it only makes sense to say it is read, then i disagree. lmfao

I agree with all of this, I’ve been meaning to ask if it could be changed but always figured it would be too low priority