Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Skaven preview video on GW Site - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

Looks to be mainly Stormvermin to me as they all have breastplates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Booyah- posted:

The expansions have some extremely powerful generic cards. They seem like must buys if you are making a competitive deck, particularly the orc one.

Sounds like GW are learning from FFG

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

Really looking forward to the technical paint that gets released with Jerkoff Town.

Alarielle's Pearl Necklace

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah there's only so much you can do with 'naked dwarf with stupid helmet'. So far all the other warbands have had fairly distinct characters that wouldn't look out of place leading an AOS army (or at least being unit champions) but these guys just look like a small AOS unit. The only distinctive one IMO is the guy with a greataxe.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thinking about it the Fyreslayers have always been a half-assed faction even by GE standards, I suppose we should be grateful none of these guys are in default T-poses or painted as chunkyaxe vomitbeards.

A proper Dwarf warband would have been much better, say with an Engineer, Ranger, Hammerer / Longbeard and a single Slayer. But then again I think a lot of the Shadespire groups are designed to look like a more characterful versions of 'a unit' so that may not have worked with the design team.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:perfect:

drat that's a good looking cloak!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Moonclan look ace. First warband I've felt like picking up for aesthetics alone (I was almost tempted by the skellies but I have a ton of other undead already).

The only one I don't like is the Fanatic, I feel they could have had a better pose without him standing on the ball.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Gotrek didn't become Grimnir, he took over his job of the eternal fight at the Northern gate in the Old World so Grimnir could gently caress off and become the only Dwarf God in the AOS world. (iirc, it's been a while since I last read Slayer)

I'm guessing the spark of divinity that Grimnir gave him was enough for him to reincarnate in the AOS world and he thinks Felix may have been important enough for Sigmar to remember when he reconstructed everything.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

On the other end of the hobby scale I hear the Grand Clash was won by someone with an unpainted warband? Is there any truth to that?

One of my friends is getting very salty about it and saying it demeans the hobby etc. and they should have enforced a minimum paint requirement like their other events. Personally I don't mind, the minis are just glorified counters for a board game and afaik the game is treated by a lot of folk as similar to Magic the Gathering (where they certainly don't expect you to paint your cards!).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

I can tell you that the people making this game are very keen to stay away from "everything must be painted". This is GW's attempt at some crossover, and "everything must be painted" is such a horrible barrier to entry. There's a reason why all the warbands come in different coloured-plastics.

Yeah, that was pretty much exactly my argument back. It's not like Necromunda etc. where miniature profiles actually matter for LOS etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Or say you sculpted them yourself, the GW guys aren't going to know.