Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Does anyone know if Nintendo or a third-party made a wii nunchuk with a circle restrictor gate instead of an octagonal one? Tried searching on google and stuff but nothing so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

you are wrong to want this

😢

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Illuminado posted:

I made one, it's pretty cool. If you have a DS Lite with broken hinges or want to pick one up, it's $15 vs the $80 for an AGS-101 screen not to mention a working GB Advance.

Seems like a much better proposition to me.

Gallery

How did you make this not look lovely?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Tried to replace the battery in my friends Crystalis cart by replacing the battery but he says it doesn't hold a save when he powers off his NES. Did I do a shoddy job with the battery or did I gently caress up his cart somehow?

I've replaced plenty of batteries before but never an NES cart.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Null of Undefined posted:

Welp, I think I lost my ps-io :smith:
Press F to pay respects

What happened to it?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Null of Undefined posted:

Starting to look like: I shipped it off with my ps1 to get modded by MB, he sent it back when it was done, I excitedly opened the outer box and took out the ps1, forgot I had also sent him the ps-io cartridge, and I threw it away :smith: would have noticed if I had tried to hook it up right away, instead of leaving it wrapped in bubble wrap for a month. I’ll buy another eventually, at least they have the normal sales now so I hopefully don’t have to wait a full year like last time

drat dude that sucks major rear end. Hopefully it won't take too long to get another if you buy one.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Is there a way to repair a button contact in an SNES controller beyond cleaning it with 91% alcohol? I bought an ASCIIpad from a local shop and the down directional button doesn't work. It looks like the black material on the contact has rubbed off over the years. Anything I can do? Otherwise I'm just gonna return it.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Caitlin posted:

contacts cost a few dollars at most, especially for the more widely available SNES :confused:

https://console5.com/store/snes-replacement-controller-silicone-rubber-carbon-dot-pads.html

I was unclear in my post. I was talking about the black circle part on the pcb that the rubber pad touches. Would a replacement rubber pad help it? The black part on the pcb is all worn down.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Is there a way to play backups of games off an hard drive on a GameCube?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

drat this is cool. I did a GDEMU recently and that poo poo was easy as hell.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Anyone know a place to get a GameBoy Micro faceplate that isn't sourced from China? I ordered one of those and they come prescratched! Rude! The original ones are very expensive too!

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

TVs Ian posted:

There are these wooden ones, and they have a Zelda-themed wood one too, but they're currently sold out. I can't speak for them personally since I don't have a Micro, but I've seen a few posted here and there, and they look pretty classy.

I saw these but was hesitant to buy em because of how thick they are. The dpad and button seem almost flush with the faceplate.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I want to preorder an Analogue Pocket

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I wonder how hosed the production timeline is for the retrofighters Dreamcast controllers? They were supposed to ship next month but if they weren't done months ago they're probably not getting done.

I got this email from them:

Kickstarter Peeps posted:

Hello everyone,

First we want to thank everyone for your patience and understanding. Our main priority is to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep our communities, families and employees safe.

We do want to let you know that we are nearing the completion of production, we have approximately 10 business days until all units are built and packaged. The next step is to ship them over to the states to our warehouse for fulfillment to our backers.

We will be posting another update once the product officially is on the way to our fulfillment warehouse. Again we appreciate everyone's support, patience and kind words, you guys are the best!

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Just bought a Saturn what is a good cheap game to test it with when it gets delivered? Japanese and US games are in play.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Where the heck do I get a PC copy of THUG 2?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Got my retro fighters Dreamcast controller today. It's really great. The stick feels nice and all the buttons are responsive and not mushy. The triggers are kinda rough on the press but nothing too bad.

Most importantly it fits in your hand. Jesus what was Sega thinking with the OG controller.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Nintendo 64 Mullen

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

J4U is a cool rear end site. I ordered a DSi and the drat thing got here in 3 days. It looks clean as hell and came in the box for 20 dollars + shipping. Awesome site.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

The DSi I ordered from Japan is filled with pictures of cute japanese children. I think a mom used iy for a camera. The touch screen looks unused

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

If anyone in the thread was wondering if the GC Loader PNP was a good buy I got mine a couple days ago and it works flawlessly and the installation took like 15 minutes.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Be careful with your volume buttons on those JVC monitors. I pressed mine with a little too much force from above and they both popped out backwards. It's hell to get them out too.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I installed my MODE yesterday into my Saturn what should I play?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Does anyone know if I can transfer files from the micro sd to the hard drive on the MODE? I don't wanna take out the hard drive over and over.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Miles McCloud posted:

There's no way to transfer anything at this time.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

That's the big caveat with the MODE. you have to take it all apart to access the SSD to even put files on it.

My plan (when it shows up) is to fill up a 500GB ssd as much as possible and then use the microsd slot (with a header extension) to add anything else that comes out.

Dang my dumbass shoulda "ripped" my "backups" earlier and put em on my hdd before I put it in there.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

i'm gonna buy one

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

i am a game historian now

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

a lot of people are mad! i thought analogue would be better at this by now.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I hope people are reporting that poo poo. How are you gonna sell a thing you're not gonna get until next year to then ship to a buyer.

There are already 5+ sold preorder auctions on eBay all sold for 500 US dollars+. Cmon people.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

if I have a history degree and play too many old video games can I call myself a video game historian? i'm gonna start doing this.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Leal posted:

Be sure to put a bookshelf with all your Gamer Gear to prove your Gamer Credit and you aren't just a fake gamer in frame.

This is my favorite gamer youtube thing. I'd rather people not even show their face.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I love old videogames

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1315661844439273472?s=19

What could it be?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Blooster posted:

Speaking of PVMs there is a PVM-2530 near me for sale on craigslist for $1,500

That's a lot of money but there's this one PVM that goes for like 10,000 dollars because it's 29".

Also the PVM-2530s I see on ebay are all $2,500+ and need to be shipped.

Is this an OK price? Is the TV good for retro gaming? I see it has like 520 lines of resolution instead of the 700-900 of newer PVMs but some people were saying that's actually better for 240p source material because too sharp of a picture begins to look like you're playing on an HD LCD?

Anyone here ever use this TV?

unless you're a millionaire just get a thrift store tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Hot Stunt posted:

Finally got my Everdrive GB X7 working on my Analogue Pocket. Not sure why updating the console firmware was the last thing I tried, but loving hell OG Game Boy games look great. Played through Super Mario Land this morning and now playing Link’s Awakening.

try Tetris DX if you like tetris at all. a great version of the classic style of tetris with some modern modes