Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Anyone know a place to get a GameBoy Micro faceplate that isn't sourced from China? I ordered one of those and they come prescratched! Rude! The original ones are very expensive too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Good fuckin luck and if you find something let me know.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Pegnose Pete posted:

I said this before but if they make a new PS game it's gonna be full of B-tier anime titties like the modern Shining games.

I had the same realization about Suikoden recently. Still, I think if a company wanted to take the “gamble” of not pandering to creeps it could pay off!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Suikoden is just waiting to be exploited with a gacha game.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

108 SSStar Rank of Destiny!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

There’s like 5 main Suikoden games with 108 characters each? That’s a Pokémon Go style game right there, power up you gym Stronghold and duel em all.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Analogue already sold out of their adapters for the Mega SG. If this happens with the Pocket and I sleep through the pre-order I'm going to be sad all day.

If anyone here got a pre-order and you don't plan to use the MyCard adapter let me know and maybe we can make a deal.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

40-Degree Day posted:

Anyone know a place to get a GameBoy Micro faceplate that isn't sourced from China? I ordered one of those and they come prescratched! Rude! The original ones are very expensive too!

There are these wooden ones, and they have a Zelda-themed wood one too, but they're currently sold out. I can't speak for them personally since I don't have a Micro, but I've seen a few posted here and there, and they look pretty classy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really wish someone would make a dongle that goes between your ligh gun and the console and makes them work with modern lcd TVs

I don’t know how this would work but I’m depending on someone smarter than me to figure it out.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

TVs Ian posted:

There are these wooden ones, and they have a Zelda-themed wood one too, but they're currently sold out. I can't speak for them personally since I don't have a Micro, but I've seen a few posted here and there, and they look pretty classy.

I saw these but was hesitant to buy em because of how thick they are. The dpad and button seem almost flush with the faceplate.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

2reachmu posted:

The Guncon2 is a little better with reloading with the magazine trigger, as a foot pedal is a little tough to come by. You can get 3rd party foot pedals on ebay, they're just a bit pricey and I can't confirm the quality or reliability of them. There are a couple Justifier only games as I recall and that gun tends to run pricier than the Guncons.

And if your looking for some upgrades -- this guy on ebay has microswitch mods for just about every lightgun: https://www.ebay.com/sch/magictrashman/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I think the link up for guns in on blue for component, though I could be wrong and it's green, it's def one or the other though.

Shlomo Palestein posted:

I had thought this as well, but a month or two back it was debunked, and all my lightguns (guncons 1 + 2, justifier, zapper, saturn 3rd party thing) work fine on my flatscreen trinitron. The bigger issue is, I believe, the HD CRT's, which happen to coincide with flat CRT's in terms of timespan. I *think* the 480i resolution is the issue, but that may not be true with, say, Dreamcast lightgun games. It's possible there's exceptions to this, but it is not true that flat CRTs are in and of themselves a problem with lightguns.

EDIT: I *have* had issues with some japanese PS2 lightgun games, but I don't fully know why that is. The guncon just won't shoot on center with those, but it works with every other american game I own.

Illuminado posted:

Try it in the corners, and you'll probably see a lot more deflection, which is a common thing.

They still WORK fine for the most part, but not optimally.

Thanks for the info, ya mine is a flatscreen trinitron. Haven't had issues with my NES Zapper, but that is much more forgiving compared to later gens. As long as it works for most part to get through the games without dying needlessly due to the flatscreen, I am not a light gun aficionado or high score chaser (in general).

Are a lot of the Guncon's on ebay knockoffs or mislabeled 3rd party? Don't want to waste time with junk or having to squint to see model numbers to compare in ebay pics.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 8, 2020

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

FireMrshlBill posted:

Are a lot of the Guncon's on ebay knockoffs or mislabeled 3rd party? Don't want to waste time with junk or having to squint to see model numbers to compare in ebay pics.

There's a few that reuse molds/re-branded first party that I've seen, but, I don't think there's a bunch of guncon knockoffs. I have seen a couple multi-system guns and there are certainly some knockoffs out there. It should be pretty easy to differentiate between them, though if you want a foot pedal for Time Crisis you'll have to go knockoff-ish.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Someone post the desert eagle guncon that is like a fully weighted firearm. That's the poo poo I want.

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Someone post the desert eagle guncon that is like a fully weighted firearm. That's the poo poo I want.

Wasn't that an airsoft they just stuffed lightgun parts into?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Absolutely it was and ain't nothing wrong with that.

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

~~**HOT BOY AIRSOFT LIGHT GUN MOD CLIQ**~~

That would be good on a Sega Stunner I think

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I really wish someone would make a dongle that goes between your ligh gun and the console and makes them work with modern lcd TVs

I don’t know how this would work but I’m depending on someone smarter than me to figure it out.

It's called a wiimote.

I was going to say that, but apparently it's been done. That said, you either need to patch each game (which I suppose could be done via dongle) and get a different / modified light gun or use a wiimote.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Went driving around the country today, picked up the GB/GBC games for $10 each and the old Game & Watch game "Helmet" for $50. Helmet works, but I need to pull it apart as someone has jammed the ACL and Alarm buttons inside the casing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You Am I posted:

Went driving around the country today, picked up the GB/GBC games for $10 each and the old Game & Watch game "Helmet" for $50. Helmet works, but I need to pull it apart as someone has jammed the ACL and Alarm buttons inside the casing.

Not bad. I've been meaning to get that version of Batman...

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When presented with an NES Classic that magically had every American released NES game on it, I somehow dropped four or more hours playing Pinball. What a great game that is.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It is surprising how much time I sometimes find myself losing to Pinball.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

What are my options for maximizing Wii/GC picture quality coming out of a WiiU on a 4k TV? Just pushing Wii games via HDMI to the tv kinda looks like rear end, I don't have Nintendon't set up but I figure it'd have the same problems.

Alternatively I could just use dolphin, but its given me problems in the past and running on real hardware sidesteps compatibility and configuration issues.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
AFAIK whatever the wiiu gives you is gonna be the best it’ll be. I think it’s essentially just running it on a wii but you have the hdmi out. If you want actual higher rendering and stuff you’ll have to go through dolphin. I’d love to be wrong about this though!

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!

ItBreathes posted:

What are my options for maximizing Wii/GC picture quality coming out of a WiiU on a 4k TV? Just pushing Wii games via HDMI to the tv kinda looks like rear end, I don't have Nintendon't set up but I figure it'd have the same problems.

You can use an mclassic to upscale and alias the image, which IMO looks fantastic with a lot of Gamecube/Wii titles. A bit pricey though.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

AFAIK whatever the wiiu gives you is gonna be the best it’ll be. I think it’s essentially just running it on a wii but you have the hdmi out. If you want actual higher rendering and stuff you’ll have to go through dolphin. I’d love to be wrong about this though!
I've got a Wii Dual HDMI modded Wii which does direct 480p digital out of an original Wii over MiniHDMI. The picture quality looks better than the Wii U for me and that's the rep it has, but it's also a fairly significant investment both in money and hassle of getting it modded and only works with certain revisions of Wii, so...

It's also supposed to clean up the quality of the analog out, but I haven't tested that at all.

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

Can someone help me with the name of a mega drive game? I remember the hero was a kid that used a soccer ball as a weapon to fight through side scrolling levels.

My mom rented that game for 3 days somewhere in the early 90s and I loved it a ton. But I never saw it ever again after she returned it.

Googling any combination with soccer in it produces the wrong results.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Angie Fenrose posted:

Can someone help me with the name of a mega drive game? I remember the hero was a kid that used a soccer ball as a weapon to fight through side scrolling levels.

My mom rented that game for 3 days somewhere in the early 90s and I loved it a ton. But I never saw it ever again after she returned it.

Googling any combination with soccer in it produces the wrong results.

Marko/Marko's Magic Football? https://segaretro.org/Marko%27s_Magic_Football

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

That's it! Amazing!

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/P7kf1VT.mp4

Hmmm

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

Let's kick these depressed rear end birds to death.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Untitled Gull Murder Game

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My sick cat puked on my copy of Transformers: Mystery of Convoy. I think she has a bright future as a game reviewer.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

ItBreathes posted:

1. WiiU -> OSSC -> 960p (hope your TV can accept this non standard resolution or you’ll have to buy another video processor like a DVDO, Extron or Crestron).

2. MClassic

You may not be completely pleased with the result in either case.

KingEup fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 9, 2020

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

ItBreathes posted:

Alternatively I could just use dolphin, but its given me problems in the past and running on real hardware sidesteps compatibility and configuration issues.

A later revision of the Wii can have a software fix applied to solve an bug that was apparently embedded in the SDK initially and caused many textures to be *soft*.

Info Here

Fix (For USB Loader)

KingEup posted:

1. WiiU -> OSSC -> 960p (hope your TV can accept this non standard resolution or you’ll have to buy another video processor like a DVDO, Extron or Crestron).

2. MClassic

You may not be completely pleased with the result in either case.

That still won't fix the issue, the only thing that can solve that hardware wise is the Wii Dual bypass, which skips the chip at issue.

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 9, 2020

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

My sick cat puked on my copy of Transformers: Mystery of Convoy. I think she has a bright future as a game reviewer.

I’m still wondering how the gently caress that game got put on a cartridge with the state the first five seconds of that game is.

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

2reachmu posted:

Let's kick these depressed rear end birds to death.

And sleeping cats, and rats and cops.

https://i.imgur.com/czOPnhC.mp4

This is some game alright. And hedgehogs in a later level.

Frekkie Melody fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 9, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Angie Fenrose posted:

This is some game alright.

Gameplay looks very much like Yo Noid

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
That wasn't even the only soccer-themed platformer on the 16-bit platforms, with Soccer Kid (The Adventures of Kid Kleets in the US) sitting around on the SNES, Amiga and various 32-bit platforms.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Illuminado posted:

That still won't fix the issue, the only thing that can solve that hardware wise is the Wii Dual bypass, which skips the chip at issue.

‘Buy a Modded Wii’ (although a good option IMO if you want the absolute best video output you can get) is not an answer to his question:

ItBreathes posted:

What are my options for maximizing Wii/GC picture quality coming out of a WiiU on a 4k TV?

KingEup fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Rare-ish game chat: I don't really chase rare games on purpose much but I've had more than my fair share of luck stumbling upon things at ridiculously low prices. Shantae, Ninja Five-O, Mega Man V (GB), Space Megaforce, Super Street Fighter II X for Matching Service, Haunting Ground, and Gotcha Force! all made it into my collection for a combined total of about $63. Also picked up a bunch of Dreamcast stuff at or near the low point a couple years after it was dead.

The rarest thing I own might be the gold Game Boy Camera from the Super Power Supplies Catalog.