Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

poty posted:

no way tim services would do this willingly its gonna mess up apple music something fierce. the eu must be threatening a huge fine

what if he thinks apple music will win on its own merits? :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Even if one could change the default web browser from Safari, it doesn't matter so long as Apple forces the browsers to essentially be skins of Safari instead of using their own engines.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sarfartri

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my free apple music trial made me enjoy streaming so much i canceled the trial and subscribed to spotify

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spotify is so good it’s almost great

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Merkinman posted:

Even if one could change the default web browser from Safari, it doesn't matter so long as Apple forces the browsers to essentially be skins of Safari instead of using their own engines.

I’m sure chrome will find a way to eat all of the ram and drain your battery rapidly despite this limitation

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
sadari

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LastInLine posted:

you should be thinking poverty

it is very poor chicken

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

echinopsis posted:

spotify is so good it’s almost great

only complaints I would have is that the randomly rearranging home screen and that if you add a song to your queue once it finishes playing it disappears (no going back to hear it again and doesn't show in your recently played list).

spotify connect and the handoff between devices is more "it just works" than anything Apple currently sells.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In my ideal world, Spotify would permit me to set it up in such a way that when I arrive home (ie my phone connects to my home wifi) in the evening, it automatically starts playing a song on all my connected sonos speakers a la wrestler entrance music.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
baw gawd, that's james baud's music!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

what the gently caress is this poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we solved the problem of comically large phones not fitting into clothing by making bigger clothing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my iphone 7+ fits just fine into my reasonably sized and fitted pants pockets

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

and my iphone se fits into my reasonably sized and fitted pants

the article is actually about women's clothing and how absolutely ridiculous the new foldables look when stuck in a pocket. it's a funny headline though

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It had to be, men's pants can fit a loving Vita

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
oh boy, pocket/pants chat. here we go :munch:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
When you work from home, every day is pants-free Tuesday. And then what are you going to do with your phone?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

and my iphone se fits into my reasonably sized and fitted pants

the article is actually about women's clothing and how absolutely ridiculous the new foldables look when stuck in a pocket. it's a funny headline though

oh, yeah. that’s a different kettle of fish

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my cargo shorts easily accommodate any size device

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

plenty of room for my phone and my dongle

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wheany posted:

oh boy, pocket/pants chat. here we go :munch:

smh if you dont think your boss looks into your pockets and judges you by their size
— notorious bsd

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i don’t even wear pants :smug:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the future tim wants

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

i don’t even wear pants :smug:
grats on the utilikilt, i guess?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

klafbang posted:

When you work from home, every day is pants-free Tuesday. And then what are you going to do with your phone?

the solution involves y-fronts

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

smh if you dont think your boss looks into your pockets and judges you by their size
— notorious bsd

our neural network for promotions keeps telling us that pocket size is an astonishingly good predictor of our current practices and we can't figure out why

oh well, computers are objective, it must've figured something out

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
of course your huge phone will fit into your clown pants

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i will not have you besmirch my jncos thusly.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

only complaints I would have is that the randomly rearranging home screen and that if you add a song to your queue once it finishes playing it disappears (no going back to hear it again and doesn't show in your recently played list).

spotify connect and the handoff between devices is more "it just works" than anything Apple currently sells.

yeah lack of history is weird.

I would like a “party” mode where you can’t accidentally stop the current track and change playlists (not queues songs) without effort

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

echinopsis posted:

yeah lack of history is weird.

I would like a “party” mode where you can’t accidentally stop the current track and change playlists (not queues songs) without effort

use guided access mode?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wild EEPROM posted:

of course your huge phone will fit into your clown pants

nooooo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

the dents are from when my then wife drove it into something

tell me that’s not the colours of dying grass

and yes.. it’s filthy.. it’s not a kiwi thing my car is usually the dirtiest on the road 🤯

i think this car would fit in my car's trunk

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

klafbang posted:

put it in your prison wallet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

use guided access mode?

no the problem is that it's extremely easy to press on a song, and interrupt what's playing, start a new song and start playing a new playlist.

whenever we are using spotify socially it happens all the time. everyone is just meant to browse for their song and "add to queue" but it's so easy to accidentally play it

there's a new way where you can let everyone just use their own spotify and everyone just controls one persons account for the time being. its kinda better but its janky to set up, still has the same problem, and it too easily falls apart

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

does apple music still have that screen where you select from a mess of little bouncing bubbles so that the service can poorly understand ya musical preferences???

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

echinopsis posted:

everyone is just meant to browse for their song and "add to queue" but it's so easy to accidentally play it

ah, this was the part i didn't understand

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

everyone is just meant to browse for their song and "add to queue" but it's so easy to accidentally play it

I have not tried this app/site but

https://festify.rocks

running in a browser to take playlist additions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Shifty Pony posted:

the seamless handoff is the top thing i dislike about spotify. i have not once gotten home from work and wanted to resume listening to what i was listening to at work rather than resuming what i was last listening to at home.