Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jimmy Carter posted:

oh no a clearly PR-planted story by an adtech company about how Safari’s tracking blocking tech is impacting their revenue stream
cry me a loving river. targeted advertising had its chance to prove it doesn’t suck and all it does is show me ads for “luxury” real estate in my city built by shell corps
lol remember when apple tried to launch its own ad service (iads)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FMguru posted:

lol remember when apple tried to launch its own ad service (aids)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Poopernickel posted:

everybody with a poo poo keyboard that sticks and is garbage should take it back under Applecare, make them replace that poo poo and eat the cost of their bad gaddam choices

without applecare it's a $500 repair

I would, but it’s so thinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

$40

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

It's hard to believe that a mushy garbage keyboard costs very little money!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sure, it's replacing the entire upper assembly of the laptop that's expensive

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haha, a bit of a reach now, those are some nice keyboards

with a trackpoint even, bliss~

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just put a $40 thinkpad keyboard in your mbp, duh

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

if only I could put OS X on something else and have it just work

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
why does pressing enter rename a file

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

have you considered an industrial waste combustor

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

it's tradition that apple must always have hosed up keyboard layouts and shortcuts

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

have you considered an industrial waste combustor

can't have anything warm my icy heart

why is j an emoji?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Boiled Water posted:

maybe what you actually want is linux

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pointsofdata posted:

New macbook "pro" is garbage, ours sounds like a jet engine when you browse the Web

mac pros have had this problem for a long time.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

but you can :confused:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

mine is great and everything works well

should have bought an earlyy 2015 like me

Sorry for buying the new Apple "pro" product and thinking it would be better than the old one

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

If they didn't also sell the air and plain macbook which are also super thin it would make more sense

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

people wouldn't be as mad if they hadn't intentionally crippled the macbook so badly as to not step on pro sales, then released new pros that weren't that good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I want a 14" macbook with one usb c port on each side and touchid [but not the touchbar or faceid]

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Mad Wack posted:

i dropped my touchbar macbook and now its dead

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i want the thiccbook pro (2015? 2012?) but with thunderbolts, retinal monitor, and kaby lake-g. thats a puter im dropping stacks rite on, especially if you can deck it out with top of the shelf cpu and 32 jijjaroos of ram

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
im actually only mad at apple just because they got rid of the matte display option

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im actually only mad at apple just because they got rid of the matte display option

im mad about $500-$800 keyboard repairs induced by not being inside jonny ive's vacuum chamber, also the f-row

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im mad about $500-$800 keyboard repairs induced by not being inside jonny ive's vacuum chamber, also the f-row

yeah that's why i buy thinkpads

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

people wouldn't be as mad if they hadn't intentionally crippled the macbook so badly as to not step on pro sales, then released new pros that weren't that good

not so much intentionally crippled as aligned with the market

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I want a 14" macbook with one usb c port on each side and touchid [but not the touchbar or faceid]

get the new xps13

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

what everybody wanted: retina version of the 13" macbook air, the best laptop ever made
what apple gave them: smaller screen with max effective resolution no better than 13" air, one port, worse keyboard, worse processor

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

get the new xps13

shaggar was right

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

get the new xps13
laughing at max 1080p, 8 gigs of ram and 256 gig ssd

that plus a plastic garbage housing and unusable trackpad for only $1500? sign me the gently caress up

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

x1c people

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

that plus a plastic garbage housing and unusable trackpad for only $1500? sign me the gently caress up

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-xps-13-touch/spd/xps-13-9370-laptop/dncwy606h

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 10, 2018

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

that's the min spec, but the housing isn't plastic and the trackpad is better than any tragic mac pad. get the 4k one w/ the i7. if you need more power get the xps15.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

that's the min spec, but the housing isn't plastic and the trackpad is better than any tragic mac pad. get the 4k one w/ the i7. if you need more power get the xps15.

if you look at the dell business laptops, that's the highest spec sku they show for the "new xps13", if you go to personal use laptops you can find the 4k/16GB/1TB model, because dell loving sucks at internet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also agreeing with shaggar, the touchpad is miles ahead of the poo poo in the new macbook/mbp

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

if you look at the dell business laptops, that's the highest spec sku they show for the "new xps13", if you go to personal use laptops you can find the 4k/16GB/1TB model, because dell loving sucks at internet

its on the business one, you just have to click the next page button cause dell sucks at internet. why they don't just have a single model that you customize everything on is beyond me.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they used to, then they decided customizable skus were for chumps and here's 50 different skus that are all missing one thing you want

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

dell make buying anything from them absurdly hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
but when you order from your dell rep you just say I want this and this and this and magically that sku appears