Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

the thin keyboard problem is made worse on the 2016 MacBook because of the clamshell design which lets dust get into the machine even when fully closed

There’s a rubber gasket surrounding the bezel

At least there is on mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Pretty embarrassing bug. Steve would have had the guy responsible shot already

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

charge your phone

Looks like it is charging, Jim

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

my iPhone seven plus forces a contact update on my car's head unit every time I go to a dominos

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

hard to call tvos a major os

What's watchos then

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

11.1.1 caused bizzaro behaviour where any app, once launched, just sat there frozen. Buttons didn't respond, until they did, but all I could do was open an app which would promptly freeze. Had to reboot.

Microsoft.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

i tried to add a fingerprint to my iphone and it didn't accept it after like 5 tries so i rebooted the phone

now it says my phone is disabled for an hour

yesterday i had to reinstall the operating system on my watch 3 times

my new macbook regularly kernel panics when i plug in a monitor

my os sure is a pos

just log in as root, no password

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

C.H.O.M.E posted:

i like apple pay because i can go outside for a run like a normal human who is not a shutin nerd and buy a nice cold topo chico at the corner store on my way home without bringing my wallet.

the phone has all the music for my run so i am going to bring it anyway, my wallet would just get all sweaty and gross if i ran with it.

works for me

good jobb tim

No one wants to hear about your sweaty and gross phone

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Touch id, a hallmark of phones affordable by normals, and a requirement of apple pay, completely fails with sweat. I'm tired of your lies

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

infernal machines posted:

and canada, we've had contactless payment for like five years from every bank and all credit cards. we also have apple pay wherever someone feels like supporting it

Tim's started taking* MasterCard PayPass like 10 years ago. before they started taking interactive

*none of the cashiers were trained on how to loving use it

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

booted up my 6-year old iphone 4 last night. it is like a tiny baby phone and is very cute.

still works fine. praise stebe

Iphone 4 is 7 years old

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

???

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Looks like a video id skip

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

spent a few minutes looking at this to see if you were using a secret code

don't know that I've ever spotted that happening naturally before

Yeah cool.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

the idea is sound, just like a limp mode in a car. they deserve every single word of bad PR and every penny of legal expenses for quite possibly the most user-hostile and inconsiderate implementation possible. I sincerely hope discovery turns up an email chain where someone nixes a notification because it would force them to cover battery replacements under AppleCare just to really round out the loving.

What

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Windows 10 has auto correct enabled by default for UWP apps. Apple following the market leader?

Nobody uses windows uwp apps

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

New: tomatoes, green peppers

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

FYI 3d touch and force touch are not the same thing

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

3d touch responds to a degree of pressure, force touch is just 2 levels

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Just use USB extensions

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Bluetooth is dogshit lossy garbage, enjoy charging your headphones LOL

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

eric posted:

Lol talk about hitting the genetic lottery

Please don't quote this user it forces me to read their posts

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

linus could probably buy 50 new imacs this is a pretty cheap ploy

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/ios-12-may-come-to-the-iphone-5s-after-all

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

too bad the trashcan pro doesn't even make a good trashcan

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Rip

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

psyduck

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Very carefully

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

lol a hotel with a free outlet

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

OldAlias posted:

Seattle is 7th most humid city in the states. humidity as "stickiness" is a colloquial usage of the word, I hope that helps.

Oh no not the seventh most humid city!

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

FMguru posted:

good point; accessories should compliment, not duplicate, your personal brand

No, they should complement them instead of complimenting them because that's weird

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

shut the gently caress up stymie

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

syscall girl posted:

quoting people used to say "so and so came out of the closet to post" too

Sounds like someone has ptsd

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Wulfolme posted:

when lowtax specifically greenlighted retard some mods and admins threatened to quit

Threatened being the key word

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

infuse > physical blu-ray disks > plex

this would require i actually allow an apple thing into my house

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Onkyo is poo poo trash

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Lmao this phone sucks

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Haha 11 pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

bump_fn posted:

why is it grayed out

because it's poo poo