Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jonny 290 posted:

that was 300% started by reality tv shows

yep, done because it made it easier to film now we're stuck with it as A Thing.

similar to how a bunch of real estate trends are only trends because they were easy to show off on camera after two days of work so they are mainstays in every HGTV flipping show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

graph posted:

it's also a good movie

it's a fun reimagining, but I really don't care for "destroy a planet!" villains.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ok what the gently caress is this?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hint: watch the arm of the little clock when it hits the bottom.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the Busytown book I ordered for my kid is out for delivery today.

gonna kick so much rear end

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

post hole digger posted:

all time banger of a book :hai:

I hope so, kid is into trucks tractors and whatnot now so I figured it would be a hit.

I never had Busytown books growing up and I adore them now. one page will be "this is how Farmer Alfalfa grows corn" then the next will be a full labeled cutaway of a coal fired power plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I have a 12 year old zoji that works great. the clock battery went out on it but I disassembled it, cut out the old one, and soldered in a battery housing that will let me swap it easily next time it dies.

other than my inherited cast iron and knives I bought right out of college it is the oldest bit of kitchen stuff that I have.

definitely don't regret the purchase one bit.