Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Friendly fire must get a lot worse when you're all the time throwing boomerangs around, each of which can totally set off bombs because that's how bombs work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

That cold I had last month has morphed into a persistent gently caress-you cough which has hung on for the last two goddamn weeks. I haven't been able to record commentary because I can barely string two sentences together without hacking up a lung. I am otherwise fine. I just can't talk! Turns out I have a respiratory infection so YAY.

Regular updates will be on hold until I can kick this stupid cough. I plan to prepare some side content this week to (sort of?) make up for it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

All right update on the... no updates. My ISP moved us to a bandwidth cap a couple months ago. A cap which we have exceeded early every month since. That means I can't do bandwidth heavy things until the cap resets... which is in another few days yet. It sucks and we were given no choice in the matter.

Updates will resume as soon as I can upload a thing without paying a dang arm and a leg!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Important thread content: an update is coming soon! I even maybe got some of my facts straight for the commentary for once! Probably!

:ssh: I just wanted to keep Silver from having to triple post

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh yeah, right update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6H4WHJZ87g

Holy poo poo we're not dead! I had a cold, then a respiratory infection, then another cold... and also my ISP being a butt, but we are soldiering on!

Next update we're doing more multiplayer shenanigans, so look forward to that!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

It's gonna be a good time!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocrN-Tj688

Multicat, go!

I apologize for audio weirdness going on in the video. That is a result of recording weirdness that I did not realize at the time. I fixed it up as best I could.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I just want to say that I, for one, appreciate the title of this episode.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
For those wondering, here is the segment I mentioned during the Kut-Ku fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se_ChU2oltIeo&t=1461s

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEdEz7Tyndw

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While Daimyo Hermitaur itself can't be a Monstie, the owner of the skull it wears can:

In fact, you can even get its subspecies as a DLC Monstie as well as Monoblos' sister species and the queen of the Wildspire Waste, Diablos:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 24, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm so excited that Kit-kit and Deimos are around now and Phobos will be here shortly. :love: :cabot:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So do Hunters get anything like the wide variety of Palico skills in this, or are they just limited to throwing their inventory at the monsters/down their gullets?

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Yes, Tucker is a Good Boy(tm), but no, this was not his time to kill steal shine.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Glazius posted:

So do Hunters get anything like the wide variety of Palico skills in this, or are they just limited to throwing their inventory at the monsters/down their gullets?

They don't necessarily get any skills that are directly dropped into their item selector to be used with the Y button, no. Closest you can get to that is armor skills, to augment what you can do with your weapon, or alter your stamina consumption, or your dodge distance/number of i-frames, or...

Armor skills can more or less alter just about any aspect of a Hunter, which is really quite powerful when done right. Palico skills provide the variety you lose out on from no longer being able to choose a moveset, and the passive Palico skills are much more restricted than armor skills, which says a lot.

EDIT: Hey, remember how I usually end up being wrong about, oh, just about everything? Guess what happened again! So, while they don't get special skills dropped into the Y button item pool, they do get special Hunter skills usually accessible via the touchpad, called Hunter Arts. I completely forgot about them because my head is completely in MonHun World mode right now, and Hunter Arts are exclusive to Generations and the Japan-only XX. They even have a resource that gets built up over the course of a hunt so you can't just spam them, much like a Prowler's skills. They were introduced alongside the hunting styles, too. There are quite a few skills directly tied to which weapon you choose, so, for example, the gunlance has a move called Blast Dash where you point the weapon behind you and fire, using the explosion to propel yourself forwards. That'd be a little difficult to do with, say, a greatsword. So while there are quite a number of Hunter Arts, you're only able to choose from 4 to 5 at a time because they're mostly dependent upon your weapon choice. Prowlers don't have any sort of restriction, and thus get to mix and match all of their skills at will.

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 21, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yYDWfX_Nlc

In today's update, your OP and her commenters get everything HORRIBLY WRONG! Fortunately, Future Silver is here to set us straight. Thanks, Future Silver!

Reminder: Give me more cats or you'll have to put up with my horrible cat pun names! You guys don't want to see me pun. It is not pretty.

Also, suggest names for our new pets!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

We suck and I will stop opening cans of worms. :lol:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Official Meownsterpawdia Part 3

Hey, it's been awhile since we've had one of these, hasn't it? I should really update it... We have seen so many new monsters since the last one!

Click on a monster's name to be taken to its Monster Hunter Wiki page.

For drops:

C= Common
U= Uncommon
R= Rare
S= Stupidly rare

For a complete and accurate list of loot, and more, I heartily recommend checking out MHGU DB or Ping's Dex (Mirror).

Hermitaur

Family: Carapaceon

Habitat: Dunes, Desert, Deserted Island, Primal Forest, Ruined Pinnacle

Threat Level: **

Introduced: Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Sm. Hermitaur Shell (C), Carapaceon Brains (U), Sharp Claw (U)

For complete list of loot, click here

Monsterpedia posted:

These small, hard-shelled Carapaceon creatures are common in the desert, where they frequently lie in wait under the sands, lashing out when prey happen past them. Their brains are prized as a delicacy.

Apceros

Family: Herbivore

Habitat: Dunes, Desert, Volcano

Introduced: Monster Hunter

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Apceros Liver (C), Raw Meat (U), Monster Bone S (R), Monster Bone M (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Desert-dwelling Herbivores covered in tough plating. Highly territorial and known to tirelessly chase any who enter their habitat, they are especially hostile toward hunters, who have made a practice of stealing eggs from their nests.

Cephalos

Family: Piscine Wyvern

Habitat: Dunes, Desert

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Piscine Liver (C), Cephalos Scale (R), Monster Bone M (R), Cephalos Fin (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

The coloration of these piscine wyverns is well-suited to the deserts they inhabit. Excellent burrowers, they swim through the sand in packs, rarely surfacing. Their ears are highly developed; any impact caused by striking the ground forces them out of hiding.

Cephadrome

Family: Piscine Wyvern

Habitat: Dunes

Threat Level: ***

Primary Element- Water

Recommended Status Protection- Paralysis, Nulberry

Weaknesses- Ice, Lightning, Status Effects

Breakable Bits- Head, Dorsal Fin, Tail

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Cephalos Scale (C), Cephalos Fang (R), Cephalos Fin (R)

Capture- Cephalos Fin (U), Cephalos Scale (R), Monster Bone M (R), Cephalos Fang (R)

Break Head- Cephalos Fang (C), Cephalos Fang (R)

Break Dorsal Fin- Cephalos Fin (100%)

Break Tail- Cephalos Scale (C), Cephalos Fin (U)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Cephalos Scale (R), Piscine Liver (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

The leaders of Cephalos herds, these individuals are set apart by their larger size and hard, black scales. Like their smaller counterparts, they have excellent hearing, making them sensitive to loud noises. Their fins also secrete a paralytic agent.

Anteka

Habitat: Arctic Ridge

Threat Level: *

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Anteka Antler (C*), Warm Pelt (U), Raw Meat (R), White Liver (S)

*100% when KO'd

Monsterpedia posted:

Herbivores that live in cold climates. Generally docile, though they have been known to attack when threatened. Their high-quality pelts have many uses, and their antlers are highly prized by the Guild. Simply stun the creatures to easily harvest one.

Bulldrome

Family: Fanged Beast

Habitat: Misty Peaks, Arctic Ridge, Jungle, Marshlands

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- none

Weaknesses- Lightning, Sleep, Paralysis, Rodeo

Breakable Bits- None

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Bulldrome Hide (C), Jumbo Bone (U), Bulldrome Tusk (R), Bullfango Head (S)

Capture- Bulldrome Hide (U), Jumbo Bone (U), Bulldrome Tusk (R), Bullfango Head (S)

Shiny Drop- Beast Tear (C), Bulldrome Hide (R), Bulldrome Tusk (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Bulldrome are the imposing leaders of Bullfango packs, notable for their impressive tusks and large bodies. More aggressive than a Bullfango, it is known to ram into its foes, and is extremely proficient at tracking them.

Arzuros

Family: Fanged Beast

Habitat: Misty Peaks, Deserted Island, Ruined Pinnacle

Introduced: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Dung Bomb(ay)

Weaknesses- Fire, Lightning (front), Ice (butt), Sleep, Paralysis, Rodeo

Breakable Bits- Front Legs

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Arzuros Pelt (C), Arzuros Shell (R), Jumbo Bone (S)

Capture- Arzuros Shell (U), Jumbo Bone (R), Arzuros Brace (R), Arzuros Pelt (S)

Break Front Legs- Arzuros Brace (C), Arzuros Pelt (U)

Shiny Drop- Beast Tear (C), Arzuros Pelt (U)

Shiny Drop (when eating honey)- Honey (100%)

Shiny Drop (when eating fish)- Sushifish (C), Goldenfish (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Beasts known to dwell in humid forest and mountain regions. Though known more for fishing and standing upright to collect honey, their thick claws and heavy forearm plating allow them to deliver powerful blows to any aggressor.

Tetsucabra

Family: Amphibian

Habitat: Jurrassic Frontier, Deserted Island, Frozen Seaway, Volcanic Hollow

Introduced: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Earplugs, Tremor, Nulberry

Weaknesses- Water, Lightning, Poison, Sleep, KO

Breakable Bits- Tusks*, Hind Leg*, Back
*Tusks and hind legs can be broken individually

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Tetsucabra Scale (U), Tetsucabra Shell (R), Tetsucabra Claw (R), Dignified Skull (R), Jumbo Bone (S)

Capture- Paddock Oil (R), Tetsucabra Tusks (R), Jumbo Bone (R), Tetsucabra Shell (R), Tetsucabra Scale (S), Tetsucabra Claw (S)

Break Tusks- Tetsucabra Tusks (C), Dignified Skull (R)

Break Hind Legs- Tetsucabra Claw (C), Tetsucabra Scale (R)

Break Back- Tetsucabra Scale (C), Tetsucabra Shell (R)

Shiny Drop- Toad Tear (C), Paddock Oil (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Amphibians with unique jaws and tusks that they use to sift through rocks for prey. They use their powerful hind legs to traverse steep terrain. It can also use the large boulders it digs up to obstruct a predator's vision and make a hasty retreat.

Mosswine

Habitat: Misty Peaks, Jungle

Threat Level: *

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Blue Mushroom (C), Raw Meat (U), Unique Mushroom (R), Mosswine Hide (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Wild pigs covered in moss and fungus. Sometimes you will even find mushrooms growing on them. Their meat is known as a delicacy, and although normally docile, they will charge when provoked.

Daimyo Hermitaur

Family: Carpaceon

Habitat: Dunes, Desert, Deserted Island, Primal Forest, Ruined Pinnacle

Primary Element- Water

Recommended Status Protection- Dung Bomb(ay), Nulberry, Wind Pressure

Weaknesses- Fire, Lightning, Status Effects, Rodeo, KO

Breakable Bits- Shell (x2), Claws

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Hermitaur Shell (C), Monster Bone L (R), Hermitaur Claw (S) , Black Pearl (S), Carpaceon Brains (S)

Capture- Hermitaur Claw (U), Black Pearl (U), Hermitaur Shell (R), Decayed Crimson Horn (S)

Break Shell- Decayed Crimson Horn (C), Monster Bone L (R), Hermitaur Shell (R)

Break Claw- Hermitaur Claw (C), Hermitaur Claw (R)

Shiny Drop- Crab Pearl (C), Black Pearl (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

This large Carapaceon wears a massive monster skull on its back, and uses its large pincers and bubble breath to attack prey. When in danger, it uses its hardened pincers to form a tough shield that repels attacks.

Khezu

Family: Flying Wyvern

Habitat: Arctic Ridge, Frozen Seaway, Marshlands

Threat Level: ****

Primary Element- Lightning

Recommended Status Protection- HG Earplugs, High Wind Pressure, Stun, Paralysis, Dung Bomb(ay), Nulberry

Weaknesses- Fire, Sleep, Blast, Rodeo

Breakable Bits- Head, Body

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Flabby Hide (C), Pale Extract (U), Electro Sac (R)

Capture*- Pale Extract (U), Flabby Hide (U), Electro Sac (R), Pale Bone (S)

*Immune to Shock Traps

Break Head- Flabby Hide (C), Pale Extract (R), Pale Bone (S)

Break Body- Flabby Hide (U), Electro Sac (U), Pale Extract (R)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Pale Extract (R), Pale Bone (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Loathsome wyverns that dwell in caves and other dark places. All but blind, Khezu hunt by smell, using electric shocks to paralyze their prey before pouncing on them from the walls or ceiling.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 1, 2021

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While the monster I assume you're referring to is infamous for its gluttony, there are other monster with notable appetites including one that is also in this game as well as one in World.

Speaking of pets though, World also lets you keep critters you catch in the wild with your Slinger Net as pets though having played the Beta, I'd recommend wearing the stealth mantle to sneak up on some of them cause they will run away otherwise.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 25, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Loving the Meownsterpedia! Hopefully you can keep it up. This entry is special because it contains my buddy the Arzuros, who was my first every grindy-guy so I could get his fashion. (Considering 3U was my first MonHun game.) I'd have to say he's my favorite early game monster. Just a big ol' Pooh bear. :3:

OK, maybe I'm a little nuts.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Update time!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sfx_pcPk8I

I had some Grand Plans for which monsters I would fight next... which fell through when the monsters in question failed to even show up in the available quests! So I fought some different monsters instead.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The Lagombi's backup attack always wrecks me. Most monsters have a safe spot behind them inside the range of a tail swipe, but seeing as how Lagombi's tail is on its butt I just get sat on over and over :(

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Speaking of turf war shenanigans, I was fighting a Barroth in High Rank and while it and Jyuratodus were fighting, Bazelgeuse showed up and decided to start carpet bombing the area. :stonk: I was in complete, pants-making GBS threads terror when the fucker showed up and started wrecking poo poo.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Who's going to name the pets? Deadweight! And he's not going to name them after food. ...well, he is, but he's going to name them after food that works as mixers. Say hi to Banana the Moofy and Lime, Coconut, and Plum the Poogies.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Glazius posted:

Who's going to name the pets? Deadweight! And he's not going to name them after food. ...well, he is, but he's going to name them after food that works as mixers. Say hi to Banana the Moofy and Lime, Coconut, and Plum the Poogies.

I like this idea, but I don't think Deadweight has any restraint. I bet he'd just go right in on the booze names. I'd make suggestions here, but I'm not entirely sure that'd be fair, what with me being one of the co-commentators and all :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Equipment Descriptions Part 1: Weapons Weapons and More Weapons!

Hello, cat fans! Liquidypoo has been bugging me for ages to show off the little flavor text that accompanies each piece of equipment. Well, really one piece of equipment, but why not show them all off? To be honest, this probably isn't the best way to show them off, but I'm going to try. We have a lot of stuff so I'm going to break it up into three parts. From here on out I'll try to remember to just include them in the video proper.

If you read any of these, make sure you read the one for the Stone Cat Statue. It is magical.

Default cat weapon.

Actually weaker than the Bone Wedge!

Basic cutting weapon. Make sure to stick 'em with the pointy end.

Basic blunt weapon, good for KOs.

Is the blade made from Jaggi bits or just the handle?

Weapon for the Kokoto equipment set.

Weapon for the Yukumo equipment set.

The weapon of choice for Melynxes.

I think this one speaks for itself.

Your first good ranged-focused weapon!

Bonus: you get to murder a bunch of Rhenoplos to make this!

A stylish dagger that can inflict Paralysis.

Goes great with Maccao armor.

Another self-explanatory one.

This one looks like a Bulldrome head.

A spikey honeycomb mace.

I call this one the Meat Mallet.

Took me ages to get one of these.

I guess you could call this an upgraded Bone Wedge?

Who wouldn't want one of these?

Stone Cat Statue was the one Liquidy kept bugging me to show off. Looking at it, I can see why!

A baseball bat made of honeycomb.

This one is just great.

Lobster's favorite!

Kinda morbid, this one, but cool.

Looks tasty!

Beat your foes to death with a chicken leg! Because why not?

This one has a little bunny on the end.

This whole armor set is wonderful.

Don't have this one yet, but we can see it.

A little toy drum.

Anyone got some garlic butter?

I don't like this one. It creeps me out. The name is funny, I'll admit.

I don't know why this one unlocks so early.

Ditto for this one.

All these require Handsome Scraps.

Handsome Scraps I'm pretty sure are a High Rank thing. We won't be seeing these until like... Rank 5* Village. It's silly.

An ice elemental cutting weapon.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seeing the sandblast cannon makes me wish for some kind of Monster Hunter Mega Man.

liquidypoo posted:

I like this idea, but I don't think Deadweight has any restraint. I bet he'd just go right in on the booze names. I'd make suggestions here, but I'm not entirely sure that'd be fair, what with me being one of the co-commentators and all :v:

Fair point. So how about Daiquiri the Moofy and Gimlet, Colada, and Fizz the Poogies?

Glazius fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 4, 2018

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Deadweight has no imagination. The only reason he's a Hunter is because he coasted through Hunter Academy on the back of Nyalcon. Thus, the names would be Mutton, Pork 1, Pork 2, and Pork 3 Pork 4.

racerabbit fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 6, 2018

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Pork 1, Pork 2, and Pork 4. He would have learned something, even if it wasn't what he was meant to learn.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

True, he learned that pork is delicious!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Being merely a potato (a common tater, as it were) I feel I cannot weigh in on what the thread decides to name the pets, but I like where this is headed!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Equipment Descriptions Part 2: Silly Hats Only

Hello again, friends! No regular update this week because we had company over for my husband's birthday. Instead, we're going to look at some silly hats!

This is your default cat armor, which you don't start with. Still gotta craft that poo poo yourself! What do you think this is? Not Monster Hunter?

Signature hat for Bherna Village.

Slightly better head armor made from iron ore.

Boner armor. 'nuff said.

A beret and face mask combo?

Signature hat for Kokoto Village, based on the original default armor from the original Monster Hunter. It's original!

A Pokke Village original! Nice and toasty for those cold climes.

Yukumo Village's special helmet. It's very cute.

A super cute straw hat.

Dress up like a robo teddy bear! Why not?

I know cat-fu.

One option if you want to cosplay as the Three Meowsketeers!

I don't remember your name, but your fez is familiar.

You murdered Pumbaa for this. I hope you're happy!

This is another option for the teddy bear aesthetic.

Trés Tacticool

This armor is super cute. Too bad the Cephalos is so dumb and bad. And stinky.

This just makes you look like Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple.

And you thought the Bnaha armor was cool!

It's like Ratatouille, but with cats instead of rats!

This one is Lobster's spirit animal.

Very silly looking. I approve.

Equally silly.

This one is even sillier!

This armor is also super cute.

This one is just silly. (I love it.)

I like the Ancient Egyptian thing this armor has going on. Very good armor, even if I don't particularly care for the monster it's based on very much...

This armor looks like an Oni.

Amazing.

Can't go wrong with this one. It's super cute. :3:

Not a fan of this armor set. I suppose it's cool if you like Silent Hill?

This armor set, however, is very much my jam but we won't be seeing it for a looooooong time.

This comes from the Airship Tickets you get from traveling between towns a lot.

Here's the armor you get from the Sinister Cloth.

This is Neko (Means Cat)'s signature armor. You can craft it with Trade Tickets. (And Handsome Scraps, which we won't be seeing for a loooooong time grrr.)

We haven't seen this guy outside of the Multiplayer Shenanigans yet, but here's his armor.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Just a note - any time I sound like a dumb - I have had a fever of over 100 for literal weeks. I just want to rip off my skin at this point because maybe it will be cooler.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

If you're still taking catte requests, here's a couple based on a pair of stray kittens my family took in one summer. :3:

Coat (color): Monotone (Dark grey)
Eyes (color): Normal (Blue)
Ears: Attentive
Tail: Long
Voice: Voice 2
Name: Gracie
Speciality: Defense

Coat (color): Monotone (Black)
Eyes (color): Thin (Brown)
Ears: Normal
Tail: Bushy
Voice: Voice 1
Name: Blackjack
Specialty: Support

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren: WOO UPDATE! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pHHtPx-g4

Bad news: I gently caress up horribly in this video.

Good news: Ya'll get to make fun of me for it!

Since it came up during the video, here is the image that Lobster mentioned what appears on my Twitch streams:

I think it sums things up quite nicely.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
It's funny that you don't like Iodrome since that's actually the favorite Monster of a prominent MH fan artist named Inkoseh:

Her comic was actually what got me into Monster Hunter before Tri came out since I didn't have a PSP.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 14, 2018

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

New Cats!

Name: Sweet Pea
Coat: Melynx
Eyes: Thin (Green)
Ears: Perky
Voice: Type 2
Charisma

Name: Artimis
Coat: Two Tone
Eyes: Sharp (Green)
Ears: Attentive
Voice: Type 3
Fighting

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
If you want a random cat I've a small spot in my heart for the "Meow-scular Chef" from Monster hunter world. Either call him that of Swolico.

Any skills related to cooking or muscles would be fun.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Kinfolk910 posted:

If you want a random cat I've a small spot in my heart for the "Meow-scular Chef" from Monster hunter world. Either call him that of Swolico.

Any skills related to cooking or muscles would be fun.

This. It could be our own origin story for the very large boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Isn't there an eye option that has one eye scarred over like Meow-scular's? :D