Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I'm glad we can all get a good laugh about this in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Still the most crazy part of all this to me is the congresswoman who dresses like a rodeo clown.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

bartlett posted:

Honestly, maybe the nwo already won and this is what it looks like?

nwo?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Honky Dong Country posted:

To be fair that's not the same as thinking the President will gently caress it up. Kelly's right though imo, there's nothing you can do to comfort those families when you're the President. It's my opinion that Presidents in general have no business calling these people. Just pay out whatever benefits their deceased loved one is entitled to and leave them in peace.

You're talking about a president who botched the ultimate political lay-up that is stating "Nazis are bad." If Kelly has half a brain, there's no way he wants that nimrod calling people who just lost their loved ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqk5CTEOlqA

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Except the Mom of the dead soldier still said Trump disrespected her family so maybe you’re full of poo poo mr kelly???

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

fruit on the bottom posted:

Except the Mom of the dead soldier still said Trump disrespected her family so maybe you’re full of poo poo mr kelly???

Let's see the source on that, I say! Where's the statement! No video, no news!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
at least Donald Turmip didn't become president

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress the ROW posted:

I get all my news from GBS th reads

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does somebody even listen into a call involving the president of the united states? Was she with the family when the call came through.

Trump is a terrible president, but just listening into that call is a massively lovely thing to do, let alone making the contents of that call public.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah Kelly very politely said Trump didn't know what he was doing and had been advised against making the calls, it sounds like he and congressional hat lady agree on the fundamentals of what happened

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Flavahbeast posted:

Yeah Kelly very politely said Trump didn't know what he was doing and had been advised against making the calls, it sounds like he and congressional hat lady agree on the fundamentals of what happened

:yikes: I'd encourage people to watch the video instead of reading this post lmao. After reading this post, please have yourself screened

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

jazzyhattrick posted:

How does somebody even listen into a call involving the president of the united states? Was she with the family when the call came through.

Trump is a terrible president, but just listening into that call is a massively lovely thing to do, let alone making the contents of that call public.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

jazzyhattrick posted:

Yeah that widow seems real broken up about her Representative listening in on the call, not, y’know, the President of the United States’s blasé disrespect of her late husband’s sacrifice

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

jazzyhattrick posted:

It sounds like the congress lady is a friend of the family and had met the soldier through a mentoring program when he was a teenager, it doesn't seem that weird to me that they listened to the call together

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

:yikes: I'd encourage people to watch the video instead of reading this post lmao. After reading this post, please have yourself screened

did you watch the video? Kelly said that he advised Trump against making the calls and that Trump repeatedly asked how he should speak to the families

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

hahaha yeah man :yikes: buncha mental illness in that post you quoted right there. wow sure some mental illness. I'm heavily implying that a poster has mental illness lol see you should ignore that poster! see they're crazy lol

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

jazzyhattrick posted:

She was in the car with her.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Flavahbeast posted:

did you watch the video? Kelly said that he advised Trump against making the calls and that Trump repeatedly asked how he should speak to the families

No, Kelly said he gave honest advice to Trump about making these calls, which he felt were extremelty difficult. But that Trump made all of them anyway, which tbh I probably wouldn't do

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You should probably watch the video before you comment on the thread about the video, huh?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is a good guy, a good friend, and an amazing lover.

Ghost of Upstate
Aug 19, 2010

Interesting casualtychat at the beginning but he lost me at "when I was a kid growing up, women were sacred," as if there weren't creepy fuckos or abusive spouses in the 50s or whatever.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Cromunist posted:

Interesting casualtychat at the beginning but he lost me at "when I was a kid growing up, women were sacred," as if there weren't creepy fuckos or abusive spouses in the 50s or whatever.

Or if he didn't work for a guy who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
This controversy is kinda lame because there's too much speculation and he said/she said.

Looking forward to tomorrow when Trump openly does or says something stupid so we can move on with our lols

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

haljordan posted:

You're talking about a president who botched the ultimate political lay-up that is stating "Nazis are bad." If Kelly has half a brain, there's no way he wants that nimrod calling people who just lost their loved ones.

Yeah I get it, Trump says and does a lot of dumb things, but Kelly saying "There's nothing you can do to ease the burden of these families" is not the same as saying "Sir you're gonna royally gently caress this up."

I just don't know where people are getting that Kelly said something like the latter statement to Trump when Kelly himself is saying it was the former.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

You should probably watch the video before you comment on the thread about the video, huh?

I invite you to watch the whole dang thing again, if you watch it twice you'll maybe find the spot where Kelly advised Trump not to make the calls

Ghost of Upstate
Aug 19, 2010

haljordan posted:

Or if he didn't work for a guy who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy

Well see, that was sacred pussy. If Trump grabs it it's sacred, so it's okay.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

We have but you don't seem to believe us....

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Yeah I get it, Trump says and does a lot of dumb things, but Kelly saying "There's nothing you can do to ease the burden of these families" is not the same as saying "Sir you're gonna royally gently caress this up."
Yeah you would never say the second one, Trump would just get pissed off and gently caress things up even worse. You say the first one and hope he takes the advice to heart

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Flavahbeast posted:

Yeah you would never say the second one, Trump would just get pissed off and gently caress things up even worse. You say the first one and hope he takes the advice to heart

Possibly. I think it's more likely that considering Kelly's son, he was giving honest advice. No family that lost a loved one wants some politician calling them to act like they're deeply aggrieved by their loss and I'm betting Kelly knows that from personal experience.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Watching that video, I feel owned

I can't imagine what the press felt like

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Docahedron posted:

"How DARE this general guy embarrass us, the almighty fourth estate?!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

I don’t think I’ll find a source on Drudge

E: specifically she talked to WaPo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.1da4b8504849

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 20, 2017

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I mean what kelly says may even be true or right but you have to be a massive rear end in a top hat to point that out to a grieving widow. Like a complete piece of poo poo garbage person really.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Docahedron posted:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Yall acting like he didnt make a greiving widow the center peice of his state of the union lol.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

"The long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise"

:ironicat:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Reporter 1: "Thank you for your serv-"
Gen. John Kelly: "No don't *shakes* don't"

that was my favorite part

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

Trump is a good guy, a good friend, and an amazing lover.

I can believe a lot of things, but I CANNOT believe that trump is a generous lover

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kelly's right though imo, there's nothing you can do to comfort those families when you're the President.

Uh... how about paying them $25,000????

Honestly I'm surprised Trump didn't give in to his reality TV persona and tell the father of the deceased he's getting A BRAND NEW CAR!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

Uh... how about paying them $25,000????

Honestly I'm surprised Trump didn't give in to his reality TV persona and tell the father of the deceased he's getting A BRAND NEW CAR!!!!

The best part is that he didn’t even send the $25,000 until he got called out this week. He’d promised it to that family in June

• Locked thread