Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSchIlYjjiXpSR_eNjqUv1VjTd0j8JyUcp6o04lmxHyRYlhJxw/viewform?usp=sf_link

uhh. this is a card. it is moving constantly. i'm confused. i tried. tell me if this is not up to date.

if a match that is on here and still on the card when the preshow starts either (a) does not happen or (b) has over 50% of participants changed and you call it you get +2.

+2 pts if you post your favorite hotshot booking jesus christ im in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whehn Steve "hotshot" Stavros won The title in '93 and lost it in '93.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i like when cm punk fought john morrison for a reason i don't remember

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i meant to say Stavros "hotshot" Stevens. the other guy did not even begin training until 1995. bit of embarrassment surrounding this mix-up

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Submitted.

Favourite hotshot booking: Vince's "death" due to limo explosion.... but oh wait, he's fine. For some reason.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fave hotshot booking: when WCW had Kidman beat Hogan because um, reasons?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I just want you all to know that I really appreciate whoever wrote the Dean Ambrose v Hantavirus one.

edit: kerry von eric v flair in wccw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Anonymous GM Hornswoggle under the ring

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

When Kalisto won the cruiserwieght title just to spite neville for leaving.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

When Tozawa won the cruiserweight title just to spite both Tozawa and Neville

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

When Christian finally won the world title at the end of his career only to lose it to Orton two days later

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

my favorite hotshot booking was turning lex luger heel because ric flair got fired for not wanting to be spartacus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Submitted - I don't envy you Golashes

Favorite hotshot booking was Rey Mysterio winning the title for a chance to potentially FINALLY get his title reign right... and several seconds later Kane cashed in his MITB and won the title from him as part of his 20-year-plan to destroy the Undertaker.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

My favorite hotshot booking would be TNA quickly and quietly sweeping the AJ Styles/Claire storyline under the rug.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My favorite hotshot booking was when WWE finally got Roman over in goddamn Philly as a face and then had him lose the title to HHH so he could have his epic crowning at WrestleMania and everyone hated him again.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I had to look up the Raw Roster for that last question. My favorite example of hotshot booking is ...I can't think of one, sorry.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite hot shot booking is Golashes and The Predictions thread on a poll match. Goon be trying hard to survive. Hang in there

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Favorite hotshot booking was the WWE Women's Championship going from its 1st through 5th owners in the span of a month.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I know we like to post ironically here but some of my genuinely favorite hotshot booking was when Zack Ryder won the IC belt at Mania only to lose it to The Miz the next day, catapultng the latter into his greatest run ever (which is still going on!). Not really sure if that really counts as hotshot booking but I think it does since Ryder wasn't even in the match before Neville got his foot murdered and he was slotted in instead, iirc

Also thank u Golashes for doing this thing

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

wcw champion david arquette

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

My favorite hotshot booking decision was when WWE made a big deal about CM Punk potentially leaving with the company with the championship after Money In The Bank and then rushed his return to television after an entire one episode of Raw without him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Submitted - I don't envy you Golashes

Favorite hotshot booking was Rey Mysterio winning the title for a chance to potentially FINALLY get his title reign right... and several seconds later Kane cashed in his MITB and won the title from him as part of his 20-year-plan to destroy the Undertaker.

Rey Mysterio winning the tournament for CM Punk's "vacated" title, only to have John Cena, a face who had not wrestled all night, challenge him for the title (and easily win) immediately after his match finished.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Alberto getting the US title off Cena in a white-hot return, only to be booked to complete nothingness inside of a week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

Rey Mysterio winning the tournament for CM Punk's "vacated" title, only to have John Cena, a face who had not wrestled all night, challenge him for the title (and easily win) immediately after his match finished.

gently caress I actually forgot about THAT time they ruined a potential Rey Mysterio title reign :sigh:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

My favourite was when Big Show was in a ppv main event title match and then was the new years baby like 2 weeks later.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

that ppv where triple h wrestled like a billion times and everyone was champion for a bit

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
My favorite hotshot is when Bob Backlund lost the title to Diesel, 3 days after he got it, because Vince was scared the former wouldn't be a draw.

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 21, 2017

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

they should have replaced roman with kassius ohno and not acknowledged it

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Anytime Becky becomes tag team partners with the women who made her life a living hell months earlier.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Daniel Bryan winning the title after CM Punk had a hissy fit will forever be my favorite

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Alberto surprise return to squash Cena for the US title after all those great open challenge matches was pretty awesome.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

my favourite hot shot is was when KO won the title because of Finn's injury. That or when Dean went over Roman cus he did the steroids

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006
Submitted.

I gotta be unoriginal and go with IcePhoenix on this one. What a poo poo show.

IcePhoenix posted:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
When Stone Cold walked out before Raw and we got Vince vs Ric Flair - the latter wrestling in his goddamn slacks because I guess he didn't bring his ring gear that night?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Submitted.

Mickie James being shoved in front of a train on TNA.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Submitted

Hogan beating Yokozuna to win the title and avenge Bret Hart at Wrestlmania 9 brother

Or Naito beating Okada for the IWGP title

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
first thing that came to mind is when dean got his title run from roman pissing hot so i guess that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wyatt winning the title and then losing it shortly after in the biggest wet fart of wrestlemania.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Xerzes posted:

When Tozawa won the cruiserweight title just to spite both Tozawa and Neville

Yeah I agree with this. Spite booking at it's best. I suppose the same could be said with Ryder 1-day IC reign just to be contrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A WCW employee wrestling a WWE employee for the ECW world championship.

The winner then losing that belt to an ECW regular who didn't want it.

Who then lost it immediately in an impromptu match to a guy who ended up working at Olive Garden.

• Locked thread