Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with

Congrats on the new role! You're a super help and I'm happy to use your code when I buy things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Verizon is offering me $450 as Verizon Giftcard a line to switch back. Can I use that to pay the phone bill?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.

Grimey Drawer

benisntfunny posted:

Verizon is offering me $450 as Verizon Giftcard a line to switch back. Can I use that to pay the phone bill?

I assume itís a $450 BYOD switcher , so the quick question is are you keeping the same phone or getting a new one ?

The answer otherwise is yes, gift cards can always be used to pay your bill lump sum, which is their main use case anyway. Post away on any questions on plans, etc, and yeah, feel free to PM for a referral link.

Endless Mike posted:

Congrats on the new role! You're a super help and I'm happy to use your code when I buy things.

Appreciate it ! Itís weird going from 12+ years in retail to work at home, but Iíll take it.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Duckman2008 posted:

I assume itís a $450 BYOD switcher , so the quick question is are you keeping the same phone or getting a new one ?

The answer otherwise is yes, gift cards can always be used to pay your bill lump sum, which is their main use case anyway. Post away on any questions on plans, etc, and yeah, feel free to PM for a referral link.

Appreciate it ! Itís weird going from 12+ years in retail to work at home, but Iíll take it.

We will keep our phones. Just switched to Xfinity mobile like 5 months ago after upgrading to new iPhones. But for $450 a line for a year commitment I can do the $80 unlimited plan for both lines and still come out a little ahead. Just a better tethering plan and disney+. If thereís a link you want me to use send it on over in PM

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

benisntfunny posted:

We will keep our phones. Just switched to Xfinity mobile like 5 months ago after upgrading to new iPhones. But for $450 a line for a year commitment I can do the $80 unlimited plan for both lines and still come out a little ahead. Just a better tethering plan and disney+. If thereís a link you want me to use send it on over in PM

Word. Iíll check the promo tomorrow but I think youíre spot on, Iíll also PM you a referral link tomorrow. Should be a pretty simple switch back.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

So Verizon tech support is not helping me at all what with lost records and dropped calls.

I got an unlocked Samsung s20 +ultra I brought into Verizon Sept 2020. It worked up until last week. Right now it cant make any networked calls, but everything else works. Roaming data, wifi, and emergency calls all work. But regular calls and texts dont. Current plan is to go get a new sim card and see if that works, followed by a factory reset of the phone. Verizon is confused because as far as they can tell, no device was ever registered on their network. My phone is a ghost.

Are there any magic words I can use when I next call Verizon tech support? If a new sim card and factory reset dont work, is it time to look for a new phone/carrier?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaj posted:

So Verizon tech support is not helping me at all what with lost records and dropped calls.

I got an unlocked Samsung s20 +ultra I brought into Verizon Sept 2020. It worked up until last week. Right now it cant make any networked calls, but everything else works. Roaming data, wifi, and emergency calls all work. But regular calls and texts dont. Current plan is to go get a new sim card and see if that works, followed by a factory reset of the phone. Verizon is confused because as far as they can tell, no device was ever registered on their network. My phone is a ghost.

Are there any magic words I can use when I next call Verizon tech support? If a new sim card and factory reset dont work, is it time to look for a new phone/carrier?

Thatís very weird (obviously I guess)

Absolutely get a new SIM ASAP, that can be the simple solution. If it doesnít fix it , call back in to care, explain you already worked with level 1 tech support and you need to go to level 2 tech.

Usually what it is is the phone somehow jumped off the network, and they gotta keep removing / adding SOC codes to figure out what isnít talking to it (if the SIM swap doesnít work). Verizonís system is much better now a days at updating the IMEI, so not sure why it wouldnít find the IMEI of an unlocked S20 Ultra. Level 2 tech can add that IMEI to the system though.

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord

I'm trying to add an Apple watch to my plan, but the app keeps getting hung up on my E911 address. I've tried a dozen or more variants of my address (Ave/Avenue, St Louis versus Saint Louis, with and without the apartment number), and it's no longer fun. I want to place the order online (either through the website or the app) because there's a $150 promo code that presumably wouldn't be usable in-person. Any suggestions on how to persuade Verizon that I know my home address?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

I'm trying to add an Apple watch to my plan, but the app keeps getting hung up on my E911 address. I've tried a dozen or more variants of my address (Ave/Avenue, St Louis versus Saint Louis, with and without the apartment number), and it's no longer fun. I want to place the order online (either through the website or the app) because there's a $150 promo code that presumably wouldn't be usable in-person. Any suggestions on how to persuade Verizon that I know my home address?

Hi, if you want , can call you tomorrow and order it for you.

As always, donít feel obligated to accept help, but I think I can set this up for you.

Iíll PM you for details.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 11, 2021