Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Green is up? No, down? No, up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Lolie posted:

Currently at USD 3668.

:awesome: for Bitcoin

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Hoodwinker posted:

"Joke's on you: I was just acting like an idiot the whole time!"

But what if the act was the joke ? :thunk:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

My Linux Rig posted:

who says it's worthless?

Me :agesilaus:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I don't "get" it.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

McGiggins posted:

$1600 in fortnite transactions

Fortnitecoin. Only you can't even find a rube to sell it to, so perhaps even dumber?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Schroedinger's Bitcoin is worth simultaneously infinite amounts of money and $0 until you have cashed out and have that cold, hard fiat in your hand. And somehow you still murdered your cat along the way.

Since the average of 0 and infinity is infinity, you should buy, Buy, BUY!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

H2SO4 posted:

stop taking the bait holy poo poo

:piss:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Pesmerga posted:

Going back to what I was saying a few days ago about Labour members:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-second-referendum-labour-peoples-vote-final-say-jeremy-corbyn-eu-a8706586.html

If 16% are considering quitting, it’s likely that a significant proportion may sit an election out rather than voting Labour. As the article says, many of these members still support Corbyn, but are upset and/or angry on his Brexit positioning. It could get expensive in the event of a general election, particularly if Corbyn can’t make it up by courting Brexit-supporters as he appears to want to.

This sounds like a job for blockchain technology!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Obviously the solution is bitcoin.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

So is loving akin to mining?
And a baby is like a bitcoin?
Seems like an equally huge money-sink. But with a baby you might get some financial support when it matures. With a bitcoin you get poo poo. Which is like diapers or something.

Baby is the rig, poo poo-filled diapers are the coins mined.

Babychain. Original idea, do not steal!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
What

If

buttcoin?

:thunk:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Andy Dufresne posted:

I need someone who is good at technical analysis to help me identify this pattern

That's the Boston Marathon height profile. It means butts go fast. BUYBUYBUY!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Works*

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

Oh yeah, I'm sure those changes will happen this time for sure!

Also, they're supposedly switching to PoS.

PoS my Eth hole.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Iran just banned crypto for 4 months because they'd rather use electricity for useful things than have rolling blackouts. This is good for bitcoin. Right?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
In Sweden we're basically done with physical money all together. Less than 10% use cash for payments. People use any NFC-enabled devide, or the super popular mobile payment SWISH with instant bank to bank transfers up to USD 30.000 with a weekly max of 120.000. It's getting to the point where our central bank is preparing for a future just a few years away, with 100% digital money.

Obviously the best sollution is to adopt Bitcoin, Doge and Helium.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
It's amazing to me that Tether 24 hour volume is constantly greater than the other top five together.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

The one sane application for blockchain and smart contracts anyone has expressed to me is E-health / medical research data where you want decentralized record keeping with full auditing in a trust-but-verify scenario. It sort of makes sense if you take anonymity out of it and every entity has one vote on a block regardless of compute power.

No because eventually someone fatfingers inputs and oops that is forever in there now and we have to add a layer of "ignore bad data from source" and then what the gently caress is the point?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Klyith posted:

You can totally remove blocks or edit the history of a blockchain. Go back to the blocks you want to change, make changes, recompute the hashes for subsequent blocks forward to the present. That's how Ethereum returned all the stolen DAO money despite the steadfast iron will of unstoppable code. Blockchains aren't magically permanent.

Ok sure, one could 51% decide anything is true, but then even more, WHAT'S THE loving POINT? Just use this new disruptive tech I've invented called rumours instead. The most persistent rumor is assumed to be correct at all times.

Now give me $1,000,000,000 in VC capital please

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

WELL THAT DOESN'T SEEM GOOD FOR BIT COIN AT ALL

HERESY! :commissar:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Hobologist posted:

Also, I notice that as of this writing, number go up.

The man make a tweet.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

nomad2020 posted:

Just imagining how free I'd feel if gas cost 0.00009751btc/gal instead of dollars.

Look at you being a normie with your stupid gallons. In the glorious future gas is measured in volumecoin.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

starkebn posted:

Is there any reason the blockchain records have to be a competition?

Every time you ask "is there any reason" the answer will eventually be "no".

Like, even in the glorious crypto future where no one has to trust any authority; how the gently caress am I going to buy stuff? Food might as well be poison. Or do I trust Costco? If so, Costco makes crypto pointless as they can be my bank.

Buy gas? How the gently caress do I trust that the octane rating is correct and that the meter that ticks away dollars satoshis isn't manipulated? Do I trust Chevron? Then they can be the bank as well! In Sweden we already have our largest supermarket chain that is also a bank. So you can buy yoghurt and get a mortgage from the same place.

It's all so loving dumb and exhausting that the crypto bros even try to hide that it's all about "look ma', I'm rich [on paper, if that]! That makes me smart!"

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I have one old aquaintance who is way, waaay into the poop. He's a tech bro and completely immune to reality by now. Bitfinex'ed is "a conspiracy" and until there is "absolute proof" regarding everything that is bad about crypto he is convinced that there is nothing wrong.

He also replied to me posting about the horrible emissions of mining with "WHATABOUT BANKS AND FIAT, HUH??!" and hyping the amazeballs crypto card :suicide:

I'm afraid he might have "invested" more than play money in this stupid scam.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Diva Cupcake posted:

Matt Gaetz used Venmo for his underage sex paying. Now he's in trouble.

Really makes you think.

Thinking is for nocoiners :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Poopsock died, and so another poo poo ton of coins are locked away in a lost address. This is good for bitcoin.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2021/06/27/bitcoiner-mircea-popescu-dead-by-drowning

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 28, 2021