Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im so close to playing this game again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Right now is a good time to hop back in for a bit, servers are busy as hell with the merges. Guessing that'll slow down within the next few months.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Seeing somebody post here with a big red title about some forums beef just reminds me... Back in the day when this game was new, some anonymous goon really hated my posts about it for reasons I could not figure out. Like I wasn't getting into nasty arguments with people or saying inflammatory things. My posts were usually pretty positive, because I always liked this game. But somebody hated my posts about it enough to shell out for big red titles for me on two occasions, calling me a "poo poo poster." What they didn't know is, my brother was an admin and would just change it back for me for free, so that was a hilarious waste of that person's time and money. That's ultimately how I landed on my current "won't shut up about Star Wars" avatar, though. I figured whoever the hater was, it was something we could agree on. And hey, it seemed to work, it's stuck for like five years now!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I hate this question because of how often the answer is upsetting, but.

What's the most recent Operation they've added? Any new 8/16 mans?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

can you buy the armor the republic troopers wear on the fleet station? like with credits, not cartel coins.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Thumbtacks posted:

I hate this question because of how often the answer is upsetting, but.

What's the most recent Operation they've added? Any new 8/16 mans?

Gods from the Machine is the newest operation based on Iokath. The bosses are being added gradually: Tyth was in 5.2, Aivela and Esne in 5.3, and Nahut should be in the upcoming patch.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Promethium posted:

Gods from the Machine is the newest operation based on Iokath. The bosses are being added gradually: Tyth was in 5.2, Aivela and Esne in 5.3, and Nahut should be in the upcoming patch.

Before Gods, was the last one Ravagers/ToS? That's...a while.

gently caress, a new Operation might be enough to pull me back in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

Before Gods, was the last one Ravagers/ToS? That's...a while.

gently caress, a new Operation might be enough to pull me back in.

Yup, with 4.0 they decided to go for single player, no raids.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Wuxi posted:

I finished Smuggler this week and will finish either Consular or Trooper this weekend. Or both :shobon:

But yeah, never seen more than 3 people online at once.

Had 6 imp side tonight at one point, saw 4 pub side too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I logged on yesterday, and some people had fancy new gold circular icons by their names. I think I saw a "III" and a "IV", and something else I wasn't sure about. What's that mean? Suddenly my "Legendary player" status doesn't feel so shiny. :mad:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

prefect posted:

I logged on yesterday, and some people had fancy new gold circular icons by their names. I think I saw a "III" and a "IV", and something else I wasn't sure about. What's that mean? Suddenly my "Legendary player" status doesn't feel so shiny. :mad:

The ones with roman numerals are flairs you automatically get when you get to the appropriate command rank. Other than those and the legendary flair you can also get cartel market ones: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-types/flair/

My favorite is the flair of agony because it looks like a pair of underpants.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

It's Flair. Legendary was the first one, then there's I-IV for Galactic Command Tier 1-4, and then there's ~6 or 7 you can get from the Cartel Market. Things like the "Sign of Havoc" and "Sign of Carnage" and "Sign of Opened Up My Eyes"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

prefect posted:

I am happy knowing that my main is a day 1 head start character and one of the oldest characters in the game. :colbert:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

i did it, im playing again :cripes:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I am happy knowing that my main is a day 1 head start character and one of the oldest characters in the game. :colbert:

I played around launch but I spent some time away and deleted all my characters to start fresh. So much legacy gone, like tears in the rain

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I played around launch but I spent some time away and deleted all my characters to start fresh. So much legacy gone, like tears in the rain

I'm a digital hoarder. Can't delete any character once created. DvL made me spend a ton on character slot unlocks. :D

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

I'm a digital hoarder. Can't delete any character once created. DvL made me spend a ton on character slot unlocks. :D

What's your count at now?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

I've actually seen a few other people walking around lately with their Founder title displayed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ossipago posted:

What's your count at now?

CAN ONE COUNT THE DROPS OF WATER IN THE OCEAN????

....they're not *all* level 70, I promise.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
heh I'm just the opposite I've got absolutely no problem deleting any character except my Shadow and Sorc who are my title/pet/etc whores.

I've always had a handful of PvP chars otherwise just delete 'em when they get to max lvl and start again. I've slowed down in 5.0 though since I don't want to delete GC 300 chars and lowbie PvP is dead. I've now got 12 chars at GC 300 with 4 more to go to have one of each AC both Imp and Pub.

Also you forgot the Ranked flairs. :heysexy:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

heh I'm just the opposite I've got absolutely no problem deleting any character except my Shadow and Sorc who are my title/pet/etc whores.

I've always had a handful of PvP chars otherwise just delete 'em when they get to max lvl and start again. I've slowed down in 5.0 though since I don't want to delete GC 300 chars and lowbie PvP is dead. I've now got 12 chars at GC 300 with 4 more to go to have one of each AC both Imp and Pub.

Also you forgot the Ranked flairs. :heysexy:

It's especially bad because I was playing with some people on Shadowlands off and on since TNG has been largely dead, so I had 3 or 4 characters that were exact duplicates of my characters on JC (same names, look, etc). Now with the merges I have quite a few characters there's no need to use at all anymore. I think I'm going to shuffle the clones off to Hot Satele while transfers are cheap, I have a few friends that play off and on there.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

It's especially bad because I was playing with some people on Shadowlands off and on since TNG has been largely dead, so I had 3 or 4 characters that were exact duplicates of my characters on JC (same names, look, etc). Now with the merges I have quite a few characters there's no need to use at all anymore. I think I'm going to shuffle the clones off to Hot Satele while transfers are cheap, I have a few friends that play off and on there.

lol the Mara I'm lvling now I've deleted and restarted twice now when he was above lvl 40. The first time I wanted to change his look and the second I wanted to change my decision to spare Yonlach on Tatooine.

Of course it helps that I absolutely love the Warrior story...it's like a classic movie I can watch over and over.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I had three or four copies of several characters. Some were placeholders on other servers to safeguard names in case of mergers or transfers. Some I leveled up on other servers to get more DvL bonuses. I deleted the mostly unplayed low-level ones after the big merge, but I still have doubles or triples of some people.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aleth posted:

I've actually seen a few other people walking around lately with their Founder title displayed.

I tend to put it on my characters at Level 1 until I start getting other titles. For some characters this comes pretty quickly. For others... not so much

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I use it from time to time. Yesterday on my PvP character I went with non threatening "worm food" and "scare bear ". I have no memory of where that legacy title came from though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

I use it from time to time. Yesterday on my PvP character I went with non threatening "worm food" and "scare bear ". I have no memory of where that legacy title came from though.

Scare Bear is for killing a ton of people on Oricon open world PVP. Worm Food is from falling into a Sarlacc Pit

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
did they ever fix the Courting gifts bug? I've got a shitton of those I'd like to finally clear out

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

did they ever fix the Courting gifts bug? I've got a shitton of those I'd like to finally clear out

Not really, but there are some companions that take them even when not romanced (Talos is one of them I think)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just wanted to mention that the code NYCantina16 still works if anyone wants a third Korrealis speeder color scheme.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Scare Bear is for killing a ton of people on Oricon open world PVP. Worm Food is from falling into a Sarlacc Pit

Oh, heh. So much for "non threatening". That must have been when it first came out and our guild was grinding the achievements for killing faction base guards, etc. I remembered worm food well enough.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Non-Entity, if you're still around a) I miss you and b) some nice looking weapons in the new pack...

Edit - Repair Droid tuning...could be pretty neat for some looks.

I am. I wasn't aware that had been datamined/released. Yes, the repair droid is my gift to you. Enjoy.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Medullah posted:

CAN ONE COUNT THE DROPS OF WATER IN THE OCEAN????

....they're not *all* level 70, I promise.

I thought I had a lot at 18 (8@70)!

You need a twelve step, my friend.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Medullah posted:

Non-Entity, if you're still around a) I miss you and b) some nice looking weapons in the new pack...

Edit - Repair Droid tuning...could be pretty neat for some looks.

God dammit. Stay out of my pockets, you crims.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

XBenedict posted:

God dammit. Stay out of my pockets, you crims.

Also,

Enjoy

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nonentity posted:

Also,

Enjoy

You're pretty.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Also,

Enjoy

Your host still doesn't show on SA unfortunately.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

I don't normally get excited about mounts, but drat.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

*Kramers into thread*

Uh hey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQTwQzbGJk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

:vince:

You just won the internet.