Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

MarcusSA posted:

I tried every drat which way to make an AUS iTunes account with no dice. Used my Mac my phone my iPad. None of them worked for whatever drat reason.

Did you make sure to use a real Australian address and phone number, as well as an email address without an Apple ID already associated with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Klungar posted:

Did you make sure to use a real Australian address and phone number, as well as an email address without an Apple ID already associated with it?

Yes and yes. It would get all the way to sending the verification email and I’d input the code and it would give me an error telling me to contact iTunes support.

I literally spent like 2 hours trying it lol.

I do love me some AC though so it’s a drat shame it didn’t work.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Added everyone before this I think!

Mine: 26882135048

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Yes and yes. It would get all the way to sending the verification email and I’d input the code and it would give me an error telling me to contact iTunes support.

I literally spent like 2 hours trying it lol.

I do love me some AC though so it’s a drat shame it didn’t work.

Maybe just play seabeard for 2 months? it is a solid animal crossing esque knockoff. I played it for like 5 months before running out of content. although the first week of seabeard is by far the weakest. Ignore the storyline once it tell you to upgrade the manor for 1000 gold and instead go get the warrior. Once you have the warrior the game is amazing. It is way better than people gave it credit because the intro sequence was such poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Maybe just play seabeard for 2 months? it is a solid animal crossing esque knockoff. I played it for like 5 months before running out of content. although the first week of seabeard is by far the weakest. Ignore the storyline once it tell you to upgrade the manor for 1000 gold and instead go get the warrior. Once you have the warrior the game is amazing. It is way better than people gave it credit because the intro sequence was such poo poo.

Ok thanks I downloaded this and I’ll give it a try.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Please add me so I can get to that quarry thing: 1789 5657 580

Is there some kinda FAQ somewhere so I don't have to ask every little question? Right now I just want to know what I should and could be aiming for. I just want to deck my place out in a bunch of plants and green stuff, but it seems like I have to conform to keeping around lovely furniture of every kind of design so that animal friends will stay?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
My friend code: 3772 6177 593

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

All you have to do is craft all the required items, automatically place them, then there is an option to remove them all. It doesn't matter what you have in your camp, and it doesn't jack around your layout.

The real area where this game gets pricey is unlocking characters. You will eventually run out of mats to craft certain objects they like, and you can still complete them, if you toss in a few leafbux to make up for it. I don't know what the ratio is, but I have a feeling this will be the point where people start making more IAPs.

A way around this is to farm fish, bugs, and fruit as much as possible, and constantly talk to every animal in your camp and on the map until you can no longer advance them, then back to farming until the character rotation. You can talk to the animals in your camp for presents and bells more often than ones on the map, but you will eventually hit a wall. At which point you go back to farming etc.

This is the order in which I do stuff:

Farm, fetch quests, conversations, craft to unlock a new animal, upgrade stuff
Rinse, repeat

If at any point you cannot do one or more of the above, farm. I have 22 animals unlocked, and 13 of them invited and all the crafting is starting to really add up.

Edit: if you like a certain animal, or want a certain reward they have, you can also use a request ticket to immediately get around 3 more fetch quests and a convo from them. I would save these for the push in later levels though as it's pretty easy to get them to 7.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 27, 2017

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Where tf do I find Friend Powder, do I have to crush animals into dust for this because I will

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Shwqa posted:

What's interesting about Seabeard is its development spanned that awkward period where they started development when people still would buy premium games and released it at a time where a large budget non-F2P game was financial suicide. I would've love to see the game as initially imagined.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Willsun posted:

Where tf do I find Friend Powder, do I have to crush animals into dust for this because I will

your dailies typically give you at least a few friend powder, i think there's a kudos-related stretch goal that gives it too

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Oh that's really good to know that I don't have to keep my camp full of crap I don't want just to keep my new friends happy. My friends code is 9076 8804 836!

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Here is my code 22664382551

Only add me if you're a cool nerd who will help me get into the quarry to beat up rocks

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

This game looks fun and I need to get into the quarry. Please help me, goons: 04503202260

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

io_burn posted:

I really think we're reading a bit too much into the region locking stuff. If Nintendo wanted to really region lock the game they'd only allow Australian IP's to connect which is what Gameloft does when they soft launch stuff. Instead, it seems like they're making a real basic check to see which country you have listed in your My Nintendo profile. I've been experimenting switching mine around and all switching my country seems to do is sign me out of the Nintendo eShop on my Switch. (Which is just as simple as re-entering my password.)

When I've got Australia selected on My Nintendo, Pocket Camp will let me play. When I have any other country selected, it gives me a weird generic connection error on load. I don't think there's much reason to assume this is going to work any different from any other soft launched game that uses Game Center (instead of My Nintendo). In that case, what happens is your progress is tied to your Game Center account, and when then game is released you just delete the soft launched version and download it again in the US so you can buy IAP with your US account and everything transfers over because it's linked to Game Center, not your iTunes account or anything else.

I can't really come up with a reason why this would be any different, as all Nintendo would be doing is inviting a massive support headache if suddenly they were deleting progress or locking accounts or whatever. If you're hardcore enough to download the game now and you want to transfer progress so you can start buying poo poo with dollars when it hits the US, that's the exact kind of behavior any free to play dev will encourage.

Just remember (because you didn't mention it) that after you download the US version of the app, don't open it, go back to your Nintendo account, change the country back to US, and then open the US app and sign into your Nintendo account.

In theory, it now sees your save game in your Nintendo account, the regions match, and you can proceed. In theory.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Lookin for friends:
4986 4747 213

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I was just saying hel̷̟͍̬̞͙͋̌̂̿̎͘̚͝l̵̤̞͎̎͘o

(Game went a little buggy when I reached max friendship with some animals.)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I got banned over a dumb bad joke regarding this game so I feel a little obligated to give it a shot when it comes out in the U.S. :colbert: It's good that it looks like the microtransactions aren't too big of a deal, I avoid most mobile games these days because of them.

Is there any news on a non-mobile AC game in the future though? I find the series really relaxing, but I'm not very up to date on video game news most of the time. I'm a lovely nerd.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

rhoga posted:

I was just saying hel̷̟͍̬̞͙͋̌̂̿̎͘̚͝l̵̤̞͎̎͘o

(Game went a little buggy when I reached max friendship with some animals.)

I had the exact same thing happen with the same character, so I dunno.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
How do you make money in this game?

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Collecting fish and bugs and selling them. Some are worth a lot of money. Or you can get a little here and there from rewards.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Nobody seems to buy anything right now. Is there a way to advertise?

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

Nobody seems to buy anything right now. Is there a way to advertise?

Sell stuff directly with the sell button. Most stuff is only worth 10 bells but rare stuff is worth 1600 or even 4000 bells. Also you get 1000 bells every time you level up, and 10,000 bells as part of one of the login campaigns.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Friend ID- 07993305363.

Please help me rekindle my love for Animal Crossing. Haven’t played since the DS, and that one much less than the GameCube version. Kind of forgot what it’s all about.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Totally worth it. This is really comfy.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 28, 2017

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Are loan repayments buggy for anyone else? I'm paying off the 30k loan for the second camper upgrade but it doesn't seem to be saving progress on payments. I put 10k in then came back after a while and it was back up to 30k owing, put another 5k in and it again went back to 30k owing when I closed and reopened the app.

vivica
Feb 22, 2005

Just started playing last night, I'm Ruby 79793563142 on Android.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Adding everyone here. My ID is 80668154431

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Like I said, it’s been a long time since I really got into an AC game, but it’s interesting how much the franchise presaged the mobile market and the “doing the dailies”style of gameplay. I remember it took some time to understand that GC Animal Crossing was really just about regularly checking-in, rather than progressing through a story or a series of levels.

It’s possible that I’ve missed something in the development of the franchise over the years, but this seems like a really great fit so far. Unlike so many games, it’s almost like the mobile version is better realized than the original.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quick question, because despite being the OP, I'm in Canada and haven't played it yet: can you mail stuff to animals and friends? Write your own messages, send gifts, etc? I realize that this being on mobile, you could literally find 100 other ways to message people you know, but choosing the stationery, keeping within the space limits, and also waiting on the mailbird added a lot of charm.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Wow, I totally forgot about mailing letters and stuff. I haven’t seen anything like that here. :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Wow, I totally forgot about mailing letters and stuff. I haven’t seen anything like that here. :(

Is there a camp message board, at least?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I've added everyone before this point: ID. 6510 8928 578

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there a camp message board, at least?

Aw, man. :negative:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I'm level 20 with about 15 animals unlocked, and so far the game is basically crafting furniture, fetch quests, farming, and unlocking characters.

No mail, no message board, no museums, no events, no clock, no random encounters, and only 4 zones to farm in. :(

I hope they release more stuff to do eventually because it's getting monotonous. Still fun, but not sure for how long.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm sorry :smith:

Maybe it'll come back in an update!

Maybe?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

This just makes me want Stardew Valley

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Add me for fun and frolix: 4087-4197-828

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

I was into the idea of a good bad mobile game instead of a bad bad mobile game (if you catch my drift), but after a couple of days, there's nothing here except for the comfy familiarity of the visuals.

I agree that Animal Crossing in its original form was a very close cousin to the modern mobile experience on paper, but this isn't that plus optional transactions, it's an off the shelf F2P algorithm with Nintendo branding. Pretty disappointing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I can’t seem to create an Australian iTunes account without it requiring a payment method. Maybe this is new for ios 11? Kinda sucks, I wanted to give this a shot. Never had a DS or anything to play AC and this seems like a simple lite version.