Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

eonwe posted:

how did I miss this

Spending too much time in the Neogaf thread :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Going to add those friend codes to the OP, but does anyone know if iOS and Android players can play together? I'm going to assume yes, until I hear otherwise.

I’m going to assume it’s like the other Nintendo stuff and say yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok that’s it I’m going to go home and make an aus iTunes account for this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can you make an AUS iTunes account from the phone? I seem to recall awhile back you could only really do it from iTunes on the computer since the phone wants you to add a credit card.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Klungar posted:

I just created one and downloaded the game solely from my phone, so it is indeed possible. I followed this guide: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/create-a-second-apple-id-for-downloading-apps-in-other-countries/

Awesome thanks!

I’m stuck in the hospital for with the wife for the next few days so animal crossing here I come!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I tried every drat which way to make an AUS iTunes account with no dice. Used my Mac my phone my iPad. None of them worked for whatever drat reason.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Klungar posted:

Did you make sure to use a real Australian address and phone number, as well as an email address without an Apple ID already associated with it?

Yes and yes. It would get all the way to sending the verification email and I’d input the code and it would give me an error telling me to contact iTunes support.

I literally spent like 2 hours trying it lol.

I do love me some AC though so it’s a drat shame it didn’t work.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Maybe just play seabeard for 2 months? it is a solid animal crossing esque knockoff. I played it for like 5 months before running out of content. although the first week of seabeard is by far the weakest. Ignore the storyline once it tell you to upgrade the manor for 1000 gold and instead go get the warrior. Once you have the warrior the game is amazing. It is way better than people gave it credit because the intro sequence was such poo poo.

Ok thanks I downloaded this and I’ll give it a try.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cliffdiver posted:

I can’t seem to create an Australian iTunes account without it requiring a payment method. Maybe this is new for ios 11? Kinda sucks, I wanted to give this a shot. Never had a DS or anything to play AC and this seems like a simple lite version.

Yes iOS 11 changed things for making an account. If you have a Mac you could try the App Store on there but I didn’t have any luck doing it a few days ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Notes from the late-game:

The highest loan amount I've reached so far is 150,000 bells (previous loans were 100k, and 125k). No idea if it'll go higher beyond this and it seems a little pointless at this stage as other players have to actively enter your camper to see your progress/setup when visiting.

The mid-tier amenities are definite must crafts, at least to level 1. It's not hard to get animals to level 7 very quickly. Early game should be focused on finding visitors who supply Cotton and getting them invited to your campsite as every early-tier amenities requires cotton.

High-tier amenities require two different kinds of essences (rare-ish crafting materials). They also have 72 hour timers. They're required to unlock the animal level cap of 20 (from 15 which you'll hit in short order if you aren't focusing).

Leaf Tickets are pretty sparse after you nab all the initial stretch goals. Only leveling up grants additional Leaf tickets after goals are met.

After level 12, animal visitors want you to craft a special item. Don't craft these until after you've unlocked the level 20 cap on visitors. It'll add 10 points to them and you'll quickly find them bumping up under the level 15 cap.

My advice for when the game launches later this month:

Starting out, find any visitor who rewards Cotton and get them into your campsite. Bother them at every opportunity to give you more cotton and build out every early-tier amenity to level 3.

Pick two visitor types to focus on and get every animal of those types invited to your camp. You'll want a balance of reward types so you stand less of a chance running out of crafting materials. There are five kinds of crafting materials: 3 common (Cotton, Wood, Steel) and 2 uncommon (paper, preserves).

Unlock all the mid-tier amenities (level 5 for your focuses, just level 1 for the other two types).

Grind away until you unlock the high-tier amenities for your chosen types then go back and unlock the others. Don't craft each visitor's special item until you've built their high-tier amenity.

Hoard Leaf Tickets until you see something you really, really want. You won't get many more free ones after the initial 400-500ish from leveling and stretch goals.

There's all my :words: about Animal Crossing.

IMO This should go into the OP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

👍🏻

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess I won’t be playing this game for a while.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The game looks pretty drat great. I added everyone so far.

Marcus 2870 8641 669

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can get 50 bells and 900 points if you link your facebook / twitter / nintendo account to the game in the My nintendo section.

You can also get crafting materials and stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I decided to buy the extra crafting slots since I had the tickets.

What’s up with the first slot though?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ah ok got it thanks!

Also someone suggests bringing guys that give cotton but which dudes do that? I think that Tex is one right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

The kudos system suck. Doing it 10 times for a reward is hell

Yes this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What is the max inventory size?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

I can confirm that currently 250 is the cap. 100 starting, 50 from level ups, and 100 from tickets.

What level do you stop getting more inventory slots?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Level 33 is the last level that rewards free slots.

Ok thanks I’m not that far away then.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I have to agree with the pants dude.

Where the hell are all the drat pants? I’ve seen dresses quite a few times but I still haven’t seen any drat pants!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I almost never bother with the furniture store.

The Furniture store seems to repeat a lot of items.

Also I'm kinda confused about the dudes hanging out at your camp. I thought they refreshed every 3 and could give them items then. Is it really a once a day thing?

Also when does the clothes and Furniture shop even refresh?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

IMO it almost feels better to let the villages you want materials from to roam free since you'll get a whole pile of cotton at once rather then just hoping they cough some up every hour or decide to give you a mission.

Yeah thats kinda how it feels right now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

McDragon posted:

e: also I still don't have enough for the fireplace so for now I am making do with a pair of flame shirts

Yeah the last thing I have to make is the Snowman but it really should be no problem with how quickly the canes come.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

I've got Ted maxed at level 15 friendship. Do I unmax him by building the guitar he wants or the level 3 Cool Amenity? I could do either but obviously want to unmax him first so I don't miss out on the XP.

They stock pile XP. I’m not sure how much but I know they do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been playing since launch and I haven’t even taken out a loan lol

I think I have like 150k saved up so far and I buy stuff all the time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Never use tickets on the mine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is loving stupid.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am back to playing this dumb game again but all of my friends are gone.

2870 8641 669

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Have there been any big updates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Artsygrrl posted:

Not sure when the last time was that you got in there, but right now the level cap for animals is 70. Everyone has free access to the warehouse, and they've added a whole bunch of new animals/campers. There is a bunch more, for sure, I just cannot remember all of it.

Ok thanks! It’s been a long while since I’ve played it but maybe I’ll check it out again and see what’s changed.