Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cavaruo has told many truths and I feel this is one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cavuaro gets my vote for poster of the year.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm this close to tweeting at Satin and asking him why he tried to steal Milky Ways.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I feel like this might not be true.

But what it tells us about Satins is very true, and isn't that the real truth?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

I'm this close to tweeting at Satin and asking him why he tried to steal Milky Ways.

Do The Right Thing

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Cavauro posted:

I saw Ryan Satin at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

The classic. :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/934525482204147712

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Smoking Crow posted:

I want a peek into that alternate timeline just to see him call into a national sports talk radio show to explain his baseball hall of fame ballot

It would take him a solid 45 minutes

Dave would still be in the higher echelon of tolerable baseball journalists.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Dave Meltzer owns and I support his one man guerrilla war against all of wrestling twitter.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Paisley is going to show Jeff Jarrett how to draw

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, at that angle she looks just like her daddy

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Dave would still be in the higher echelon of tolerable baseball journalists.
He would vote against Bonds etc. for HOF. Hypothetical Baseball Reporter Dave is bad.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Randaconda posted:

drat, at that angle she looks just like her daddy

A bit taller though

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

He would vote against Bonds etc. for HOF. Hypothetical Baseball Reporter Dave is bad.

If Dave cared about Steroids as a HOF criteria the Observer HOF would be barren

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

baseball is bad

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Super No Vacancy posted:

baseball is bad
Its been bad since 1979 was almost good in the early 90s then got ungodly awful until 2013 where it was cool before turning to ungodly awful again by 2016.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i feel like i never paid attention to satin the second i heard he was the TMZ guy who's site is even more useless than uproxx. Is there any big moments of him being an idiot, other than stealing milky ways and cav's heart?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

achillesforever6 posted:

Its been bad since 1979 was almost good in the early 90s then got ungodly awful until 2013 where it was cool before turning to ungodly awful again by 2016.

oh cool you're a Pirates fan too

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

OctoberCountry posted:

A bit taller though

ZING~!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fauxhawk Express posted:

oh cool you're a Pirates fan too
I think the reason WWE's bullshit doesn't really bug me is mainly I've used up all my burning hatred on how the Pirates have been wasted over the years because of Bob Nutting's cheapness.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks!

On a different tangent, it looks like Steve Austin has recently done a rewatch/commentary on IYH: Canadian Stampede, which if nothing else has reminded me to rewatch that amazing main event and see the crowd just going absolutely apeshit for the Hart Foundation :hellyeah:

:hellyeah: this is my all time favourite match for the same reason :canada:

I was hoping for a live play by play commentary though, way to get my hopes up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Your city gave us Mark Madden

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why is Bryan Alvarez starting to sound like he knows more than Meltzer recently about most things. wtf is happening. I just listened to a few of their more recent shows over the last few days and Meltzer just kind of curtails to Bryan on a bunch of subjects when his weird opinions are shot down

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JR had a good interview with Batista that was rather needlessly split across 2 weeks, but on the second he also did about 40 minutes with Jerry Lawler and it's probably the best show he's ever done. It feel completely spontaneous and natural and the two have (no surprise) great chemistry together - the bit where they talk about going to the KFC Buffet is really cool, plus he confirms what we all knew about Vince McMahon feeding Michael Cole the "anal bleeding" line.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave Meltzer: Global warming is actually good.

Well, actually it is bad.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/934865202192924672

Legit hyped

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

It's good at getting heat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/934875839019204608

Big Daddy's year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That match in Japan really turned his career around

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

What's this?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Dave knowing what Rick and Morty is kinda hosed with my head.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GreatBrianLast/status/934814915306672128

quote:

The Superpodcast Roundtable is back with a look at Japan with Dave Meltzer, Kurt Brown & Jeff Bowdren! The story of 1980’s Japanese wrestling is told around the tales of Dave’s trips to Japan with Jeff in 1987 and Kurt in 1990. We hear about Rikidozan, the popularity of All Japan Women, the impact of Akira Maeda, Mrs. Baba’s anger, the night Mitsuharu Misawa beat Jumbo Tsuruta, the introduction of true Lucha Libre to Japan, Bruiser Brody, how the junior heavyweights changed wrestling & more! This is one of the most informative and fun segments in show history!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

It's good at getting heat.

I appreciated this.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pro listen just to hear the story of Dave hearing the Von Erich's in Tokyo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The only Meltzer news I care about right now is when the Best of 2017 is out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The only Meltzer news I care about right now is when the Best of 2017 is out.

And will it be edited better than last year's 47 hour long compilation that I'm positive was somehow longer than if you just took each of the segments that made it up and listened to them back to back.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I believe in you CIMA.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

And will it be edited better than last year's 47 hour long compilation that I'm positive was somehow longer than if you just took each of the segments that made it up and listened to them back to back.

Hey man don’t rip what that cumulative 2 hours of the fast forward sound added to the compilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Subs are $3.99 until midnight tonight for anyone currently looking to sign up to F4W