Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lil' Naitch for the HOF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

My favourite Lance is his "gimmick" was that he was that jacked but not on roids. Its funny both because it was a sideways acknowledgement of endemic steroid abuse still and also Lance pretty clearly was roiding.

He wasn't.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

He wasn't.

He was.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Lance was juicing because it makes all his steroid ranting into a really funny running gag.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Impossible to have a good physique without steroids never been done in my life time or since

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Shark Boy had already died before the match, which is probably why you failed to remember him.

Look that poo poo was on the right side of a fever dream. I couldn’t even begin to accurately explain half the stuff TNA has done over the years. There’s just too much madness to contain.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lid posted:

He was.

He's got the roid traps for sure

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Finally looked up Kweewee on wikipedia, its so out of date it lists his current occupation as an exotico in Lucha Libre USA.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i feel like a lot of people parrot that Lance is a boring wrestler just because WWE told them so

he's the best part of the dying husk that was 2000 WCW

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TL posted:

Some of the turns of phrase Dave uses are really, really unintentionally funny. When he was responding to some asking if Fox was angry Vince went with USA for NXT:

Dave: There’s some egg on their face. But it’s private egg.

I was dying.

Lil late but that was really great phrasing, Dave owns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great review of the latest episode of gently caress Nitro on B&V tonight.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Please don't insult future AEW General Manager Lance Storm.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Lance Storm ruled. He was a great wrestler and had a unique "Real Life Sam The Eagle" kind of charisma.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Takuan posted:

Lance Storm ruled. He was a great wrestler and had a unique "Real Life Sam The Eagle" kind of charisma.

Every time I hear that comparison I'm struck anew at how perfect it is :allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lance carried himself so much like a soldier I was surprised that Canada didn't use him for their Support Are Troops stuff.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Takuan posted:

:hmmyes:

I can't remember if it was WWE or WCW, but I remember a show where Lance was doing the "stand stoic while the Canadian national anthem played" bit and then he suddenly started corpsing because there was a kid running around with an "EAT ME" sign by the hard camera.

Anyway, Lance Storm rules.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

He was.

His physique isn't abnormal, he didn't suffer injuries related to steroid use, his workouts are in keeping with someone who would have a tremendous physique and was known not to do any drugs by those around him.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
When Lance Cade died, Vince immediately made a phone call to Dave, because if Lance Storm could drop dead, anybody could.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doesn't Dave have a Vince McMahon book in the making on the odd chance Vince finally dies(he won't)?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Doesn't Dave have a Vince McMahon book in the making on the odd chance Vince finally dies(he won't)?

He had a long-standing book deal on the table from a major publisher. But has since said he'd never write it as it would take him away from writing the Observer.

Personally got the impression certain key people will never talk (Pat Patterson types) and others have died (Ed Cohen types) in the interim. Also, the publishing industry is a lot different than 10 plus years ago. The Wrestling book market has definitely dried up compared to the late 90s-mid 00s boom.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Low Desert Punk posted:

i feel like a lot of people parrot that Lance is a boring wrestler just because WWE told them so

he's the best part of the dying husk that was 2000 WCW

the lance is a boring wrestler poo poo is just people who are brain poisoned by wwe chinlocks into thinking all technical wrestling is boring.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

rovert posted:

He had a long-standing book deal on the table from a major publisher. But has since said he'd never write it as it would take him away from writing the Observer.

Personally got the impression certain key people will never talk (Pat Patterson types) and others have died (Ed Cohen types) in the interim. Also, the publishing industry is a lot different than 10 plus years ago. The Wrestling book market has definitely dried up compared to the late 90s-mid 00s boom.

I know it's a different era now, but straight up, as a subscriber, I'd be cool with Dave not doing the Observer for a month (because, let's be honest, as much as he writes on a weekly basis, he'd probably get the manuscript done then) so we could get a VKM book.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Roman Reigns posted:

:hmmyes:

I can't remember if it was WWE or WCW, but I remember a show where Lance was doing the "stand stoic while the Canadian national anthem played" bit and then he suddenly started corpsing because there was a kid running around with an "EAT ME" sign by the hard camera.

Anyway, Lance Storm rules.
Somebody asked Lance how he stayed looking so serious when funny poo poo happened and he said he'd just think of how much more money Lex Luger made than him.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
https://twitter.com/loadingreadyrun/status/1164232663378452480

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Great review of the latest episode of gently caress Nitro on B&V tonight.

Also infuriating Bryan mistakes, where he completely confused what Lance told him, and gave the Jacques Rougeau story as PCO's story.

Admittedly the PCO story was hilarious for another reason. They never intended to get him a Visa and just wanted him for a week. They brought him in, gave him a championship just so he could lose it, and then he immediately disappeared.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Wazzu posted:

Also infuriating Bryan mistakes, where he completely confused what Lance told him, and gave the Jacques Rougeau story as PCO's story.

and you know if anyone called him on it he'd flip out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave having arguments with people that don't think Moxley is a draw is amazing

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave having arguments with people that don't think Moxley is a draw is amazing

I mean what I saw was people either saying "only because of WWE" or "but he's not a household name, how can he be a mega star".

No one is a mega star in WWE by that metric.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I love that, according to Bryan, the cliffhanger on Dallas was ending the season with Bobby Ewing getting into the shower, and opening the next season with him getting out of the shower.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bryan calling rowan a vintner makes me laugh every time

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1164628332329275393

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oh

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1164671480648482816

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

he also tweeted that out about two hours after it happened

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope he read the tweet on WOL.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Lance is stopping doing podcasts because he's so busy. Really bums me out, they're some of my favorite shows on the site

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

Lance is stopping doing podcasts because he's so busy. Really bums me out, they're some of my favorite shows on the site

I really wish he had 5-10 minutes a week to call in, give Nitro scoops, call Bryan a jackass/idiot then return to his day.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I really wonder if Lance actually is signing up with AEW or WWE, with all this deck-clearing he's doing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

bryan calling rowan a vintner makes me laugh every time

The reveal that there's a place near where he lives called,"Two Vintners" made me laugh so much :allears:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wazzu posted:

I really wish he had 5-10 minutes a week to call in, give Nitro scoops, call Bryan a jackass/idiot then return to his day.

Yeah I really wish we could get more stories of backstage stuff during the dying days of Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW signed Lance so he would stop burying their favorite company.