Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

NikkolasKing posted:

I've been watching a lot of Bryan and Vinny stuff on YT and I feel like I should maybe subscribe.

Do I get to listen to all of their audio stuff throughout history? Like, I've been looking for their old Raw and Nitro reviews on YouTube mainly but I've also seen Meltzer's review of WrestleMania from 2001 or something.

a sub gets you access to their entire archives which is at least 12 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rovert is trying to drag twitter feuds into this thread for some reason

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea he’s dropped a ton of weight it looks like

i think he said he's dropped over 100 lbs in the past few years

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

God loving dammit where’s the retro show

Isn't all of Seattle snowed out? Maybe Vinny didn't want to make the drive.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The most impressive part of the Jericho interview on WOR was his ability to deflect the San Jose Steamroller repeatedly by cutting dave off with a "let me finish" mid-breath

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

serendipitous moment on today's WOR with Dave (nxt taping spoilers) forgetting the name of the Forgotten Sons

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

"there's news!!!!"

*doesn't report the news*

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

coconono posted:

the "i'm gonna getcha this time rovert" crowd needs to cool it. poo poo's tired.

rovert is tired

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Nia Jax is more dangerous to wrestlers' long term health than leukemia anyway so I vote that she fucks off.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

imagine paying like a thousand or whatever dollars to guest host on B&V, for this nothing ppv, sniffling and snuffling the entire way through because you've got a runny nose, and then also using a racial slur.

and not even being close to the worst guest host they've had.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Raffles posted:

I think what annoys me the most about Dave is that he never says goodbye at the end of WOR

If you let the San Jose Steamroller to get the last word it'd never end.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

I was listening to a 2001 episode of WOL and it's completely bizarre to hear how much livelier and animated Dave is. He sounds like a completely different person

This business is killing him

you prob sounded different almost 20 years ago also

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

I mean, how often do you see Brad Pitt or Halle Berry shitposting on twitter either, people are allowed to be themselves on social media but you've got to dial it back a little sometimes, some a LOT more than others

maybe if you're going to talk about celebrities on social media, you not use people in their 50s as an example?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Hulk Hogan

hogan is in his 60s, nice try but i've covered all the angles :clint:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

Or Bryan's belief that all public speeches are 'promos'.

they are though

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

Came to the thread to ask if this has been brought up before as I am a relatively new (2014-2015?) B&V listener outside of GOLD BOAT and similar YouTube promos.

I feel like it's a deep vein of F4W/WON lore that was introduced out of nowhere. What's next, Vinny has a twin brother?

Alvarez has a psycho ex-girlfriend that they only ever referred to as HER but she doesn't come up anymore since he's gotten married.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

acting like bryan's brother in law is actually going to do something good for the site after over a decade of inactivity and bad business practices!

Bryan:Nails :: Lowtax:Radium

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

"Doesn't EVERYBODY love to have fun?"

Bob Holly def seems a guy that wouldn't love to have fun

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Good Listener posted:

I miss this too. For a while Bryan was doing old non blues songs too and led to a wonderfully awkward moment playing Oh Susanna and you're reminded "oh yea that's when this song was written" because it has Bryan and Vinny both go WHOAAAA WHOOOOAAA to cover it up.

A to Z Blues was a fun little ditty about torturing and mutilating an unfaithful partner. Fun!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mob posted:

It's being hosted by Ron Funches who will never, ever say anything bad about anyone more famous than him. Including Chris Hardwick.

was it this thread or the social media one that had the tweet he was being chummy with CM Punk?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'd wager Raw is gonna be a nothing show since it's a Monday

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd be curious to hear those ideas but the summarizations don't mention them

luckily you can listen to a free podcast where Jon Moxley discusses these things, and more!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

Cornette has gone to bat for Plowboy Frazier, a terrible wrestler who did comedy bullshit and was also racist in real life, more than once.

game recognise game

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

if a Dave and Vinny show ever happened i can't imagine Vinny getting in more than 6 words

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dave was always good

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

Isn't America like stupid close to the world cup like right now?

think they're talking about the men's team

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

I cannot loving wait to hear Dave reviewing his steak and sushi dinners with Ric Flair and Ted Irvine

gently caress, now I can't either

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

guessing it has to do with the bischoff/heyman news

the what?

*googles*

THE WHAT??!?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dave accidentally called Josh Alexander Jason Alexander, and now I can't stop thinking that Impact made George Costanza their tag team champion.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

mkay0 posted:

I took 4-5 months off after the Peyton thing, so maybe I’m just on alert for something that’s not there.

at least you're consistent in getting worked up over nothing

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

gotta stand up for the sanctity of fake titty on a mediocre wrestler

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

obv wwe signs everyone then gets them injured doing infinite overhead presses and other dumb combine bullshit so they can lock them up even further

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Raffles posted:

You can definitely get a deep cleaning in two stages if the dentist wants to fleece you for two visits

If it's anything like the sandwiches he orders, he'll get charged double but only get one.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

You're right that he didn't literally say"It shouldn't count", but I didn't say they read from Jones' denial or that Dave said it was sexual which you appear to be correcting me on anyway? I was paraphrasing what it came across like and it's another case of Dave trying to word things in a weird way that comes across real bad. Verbatim it was:

Bryan: Groping in a strip club was I believe the allegation?
Dave: Pretty much, not exactly... yeah pretty much.
Byran: Not exactly? It said he slapped her inappropriately, then pulled her into his lap and wouldn't let her go and then like grabbed her around the neck, right?
Dave: He tried to kiss her neck, yeah!
Bryan: So that appears to be groping in a strip club, I would say.
Dave: Yeah I think so, I think so, whatever it is. He tried to choke her too... though she egged him on on that, she actually said like uhh you know kind of playfully like "Well you can choke me but I can't choke you because you're so tall" so I guess she let him you know, choke her, and he choked her really tight, which she wasn't really appreciative of. So... which I can sort of understand if you really like, choke someone, yeah but the other stuff he wouldn't take no for an answer like thing.

I don't for a second think Dave is saying,"She deserved it" or that Jon Jones is getting an unfair deal (everybody knows Jon Jones is a giant piece of poo poo by now) but by going out of his way to single that out with the (rather pathetic) qualifier that her saying he's too tall for her to choke is somehow her consenting to him choking her it comes across as a really bad take that could have easily been avoided.

Pretty impressive you listened to AND typed the words Dave said and still managed to come to the wrong conclusion.

Like, if this goes to court then Jones' lawyers will definitely be able to spin that exchange as some hosed up version of consent, especially since everyone treats sex workers with so little respect.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

This is something that I wish Dave could pontificate more on, but we all know the answer would be "Gotch thought Bruno was a poo poo wrestler, and said so openly, that's who he was."

is there any more to it than that?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dixie Carter was doing some kind of Neilsen-fu with cheater boxes or something, I've never been more sure of this. Those fuckers were pulling 1.1s on Christmas Day and poo poo.

were they counting Live, Live+3, Live+7 and everything in between?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Wazzu posted:

Also infuriating Bryan mistakes, where he completely confused what Lance told him, and gave the Jacques Rougeau story as PCO's story.

and you know if anyone called him on it he'd flip out

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

wrestlesplania is a good podcast, but everything they do that isn't the podcast has almost universally hosed audio and i don't know why.

Rachel was on an ep of Nobody's Watching Wrestling and she was screaming at the top of her lungs within the first five seconds and I had to close tab.

Like if she was saying something funny that'd be one thing but I think she was just trying to get DJ Accident Report to cheers their whiteclaws together.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kath's other podcast, What a Time to be Alive is yet another Funny People Read Weird News Stories but they're really funny so I recommend it.

Haven't listened to her other other podcast yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I do hope that Wrestlesplania remains at maximum horny levels, however.