Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for a recommendation:

I have an old Surface Pro 4 that I got for writing sessions and digital art.
It's perfectly okay but it impossible to use on your lap in a traditional laptop style (no hinge, supported by a kickstand).

I'd like to replace it with a Chromebook. All I'm going to do with it is write stuff in Docs, do some illustration in Krita (if supported) and probably gently caress around on YouTube.

Flippable is key. Battery life and weight are important because I will travel with it. Doesn't need to be bigger than 15" and I'd like to stay around $500.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Atomizer posted:

I seriously forgot to add, "everyone who buys the C302 loves it."

I can't tell, does it have a pen inside?
That's a big plus to me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can anyone here share their experience using a Chromebook for art?

I don't really understand how the OS operates if it is all browser based.
Can I save files to folders/desktop or does that sort of environment just not exist?