Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The Asus Flip C302 is one of the best affordable convertible CBs. It's $400 new today (next 8 hours) but if you can find it cheaper used/refurb'd (e.g. eBay) go for it.

I just picked one of these up, and I'm super impressed so far. Coming from an old macbook air it's kind of a nice change. I didn't realize how much I would love having a touchscreen on my laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Is there a known issue with audio distortion on the c302? It's been working well since I got it in last week, but this morning I've noticed an occasional stuttery, almost popping noise from the speakers when I try and watch videos. It hasn't happened often, but I want to get out ahead of it if it's going to get worse.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Were you, by any chance, watching on Youtube? There's info in the OP about how Google tries to force the open-source VP8 over AVC, and without hardware acceleration it'll consume far more resources resulting in dropped frames and crackling audio. The h264ify extension is linked and gets around this, and there's a System Monitor extension that can easily show you when your CPU is pegged.

Thanks for this, I hadn't considered that it was a YouTube only issue when you posted it, but it absolutely was.