Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for October, 2017?
This poll is closed.
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 23 21.90%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) 7 6.67%
:tipshat: Toni Storm (World of Stardom Champion) 5 4.76%
:c00l: Johnny Mundo (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) 0 0%
:haw: Chuck Taylor (FORMER PWG World Champion) 19 18.10%
:eyepop: Prince Puma/Ricochet (Current PWG & FORMER LU Champion) 3 2.86%
:miedo: Pentagon Dark (Lucha Underground Champion) 21 20.00%
:protogas: Jinder Mahal (WWE Champion) 8 7.62%
:spergin: Cody Rhodes (ROH World Champion) 1 0.95%
:ironicat: Nattie (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) 1 0.95%
:shrug: Eli Drake (Impact World Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:itwaspoo: Viral Meningitis/These Champs Make Me Sick (None of the Above) 17 16.19%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

another month another time to vote for man of the year, kazuchika okada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

Will LU come off the poll after this month since it's dead now?

Yep, unless it gets renewed and new episodes start airing, this is the end for LU.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, unless it gets renewed and new episodes start airing, this is the end for LU.

Watch it somehow get sucked into the mess that is TNA

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Lucha 6 Feet Underground

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

LU talent has been appearing on Impact for a while now!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Mundo's about to win the TNA title

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Viral Meningitis gave us Kurt Angle on a WWE PPV, saved us from Sister Abagail, and you cowards vote for other wrestlers? How dare you.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

this'll be the last time I vote for Okada this year, promise

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Venomous posted:

this'll be the last time I vote for Okada this year, promise

No it won't. Won't be for me either since Omega still isn't going to be on the list.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
voted for chuck until the greatest champ returns in november.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's still very close with Okada holding an incredibly narrow lead and Pentagon Dark juuuust sliding into second place over Chuckie T. This could still go any number of ways.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was as close as it has ever been, but despite extremely strong challenges from Pentagon Dark, Chuck Taylor and even Viral Meningitis - it was Kazuchika Okada who won the Champ of the Month poll for October of 2017. That marks 7 of 10 months this year that Okada has been victorious - though just like last month his win is perhaps down to the opposition vote being split, which itself only speaks well for the quality of wrestling going on this year.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, Okada has now tied himself for Most Months Won in One Year at 7, and now has the Longest Streak of Wins at 5, passing AJ, Bryan, Kane, Punk and himself who were tied at 4.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That might be it for him this year, we'll see what happens in November but I suspect he's largely going to take a backseat to stuff like the Young Lions Cup and World Tag League and take it easy to build up for Wrestle Kingdom, and he might drop off the poll as a result.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He’s won months with no title defenses.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

As someone who voted for Pentagon, I ain't even mad. Okada deserves it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

He’s won months with no title defenses.

Yeah but usually he's still heavily involved in some storyline directly impacting the title. We'll see how November and December go, but it's possible that he may do nothing more than be involved in some 6 or 8 man tags on the undercard of shows and have little to no interaction with Naito during that period.

We'll see!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
chuckie was robbed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada probably needs a break after this run but it's gonna be odd not being able to vote for him in 2018.

But than we have Naitooooooooo

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Go RV! posted:

So, Okada has now tied himself for Most Months Won in One Year at 7, and now has the Longest Streak of Wins at 5, passing AJ, Bryan, Kane, Punk and himself who were tied at 4.

Miz also won 4 in a row, they were just not in the same calendar year (November '10 to February '11)

Takuan
May 6, 2007

If you're not dividing streaks by calendar year, Okada already has the longest streak at 6, from October 2013 to March 2014. The next longest streak looks like Daniel Bryan from December 2011 to March 12. In order to break his own record of 6 months, Okada would have to win this month and next month, which is unlikely(though not impossible).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Multiple-year streaks absolutely should be counted. Month-to-month voting has nothing to do with calendar year.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
can you either change the October 2015 winner from a no symbol to a giant "No" or change the things in the background of September 2015 to no symbols? this is very triggering to me, they should look the same.

and could you also change the 2015 champion of the year to someone less embarrassing, perhaps The Miz

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bill Goldberg posted:

can you either change the October 2015 winner from a no symbol to a giant "No" or change the things in the background of September 2015 to no symbols? this is very triggering to me, they should look the same.

and could you also change the 2015 champion of the year to someone less embarrassing, perhaps The Miz

Jerry Lawler did a lot of hard work getting Miz over in that run, it is all a credit to him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MassRafTer posted:

Jerry Lawler did a lot of hard work getting Miz over in that run, it is all a credit to him.

That was early 2011, where Miz (rightly) won CotM coming off of securing 2010 CotY

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chuckie's gonna go to Japan and slap Okada around for this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

That was early 2011, where Miz (rightly) won CotM coming off of securing 2010 CotY

Their TLC match was his first title defense in 2010. The Morrison match I believe was very early in 2011. The February Lawler match was still good, but the TLC match was a much needed hot singles match to start his reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MassRafTer posted:

Their TLC match was his first title defense in 2010. The Morrison match I believe was very early in 2011. The February Lawler match was still good, but the TLC match was a much needed hot singles match to start his reign.

Dang, I didn't realize how long that was. That's pretty cool.

• Locked thread