Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I got this football at an auction. It appears to be from a charity event. Can anyone help me identify these autographs or point me in a direction on where I could have these autographs identified?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Washington County Pee-Wee All-Stars '99. My friend Al scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
AFL Grand Final 2000 winners, Essendon.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Where and why did you buy this football, OP? First of all, that's the worst reproduction of an official Wilson NFL ball I've ever seen. The panels aren't in the right order -
there should be a brown hide tied to the white hide right under the laces, not two white hides. The stitching around the laces is all hosed up and the laces themselves don't even look tied to the inside of the hide. It's possible that the ball was damaged somehow, but that doesn't really explain the super hosed up stitching.

None of the readable autographs bring anything up on search. "Cally 56" and something to do with the letters WSH. It's possible you may have some extremely old college football or something, but it's definitely not from the NFL at any point in the last ~80 or so years.

Unless you have more pictures, I don't think I can tell you any more about that ball. Knowing the type of ball (brand, size, etc) will help you narrow it down to where it was used.

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 1, 2017

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Here is the other side. I only bought it because of the hospital logo. I figured it was from a charity event. It was :10bux: so for the chance of a team signed football I would chance it.

[img][/img]

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 1, 2017

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It's signed in Sharpies, so it's within the last 30 years.

Considering the prevalence of uniform numbers and nicknames on the ball, I'd wager this is a really low level professional team (semi-pro or small arena league squad) or even a group of high school kids.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
Looks like the sort of toy football you would buy in a hospital store, and then signed by a load of kids for their friend who bust his knee or something as a "Get well soon" thing.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

joebuddah posted:

Here is the other side. I only bought it because of the hospital logo. I figured it was from a charity event. It was :10bux: so for the chance of a team signed football I would chance it.

That's a better photo, and easier to read some signatures. Phillip Tanner wore #34 for the Dallas Cowboys from 2011-2013. Next to that, it looks like J H #84. In 2012, there was a tight end signed to the Cowboys named James Hanna. In that same vein, the first photo seems to reveal S L 95. There is, of course, a linesman named Sean Lissemore that wore #95 in 2012.

After looking at the data, I can confidently say you have a football signed by members of the 2012 Dallas Cowboys.

EDIT: After doing a quick google search, it looks like the 2012 Cowboys Rookie Club visited Children's Medical Center in May of 2012. Mystery solved.

https://give.childrens.com/latest-news/latest-news-entry/dallas-cowboys-rookie-club-visit-patients-at-childrens-medical-center

barnold fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 2, 2017

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Thank you

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Turdsdown Tom posted:

That's a better photo, and easier to read some signatures. Phillip Tanner wore #34 for the Dallas Cowboys from 2011-2013. Next to that, it looks like J H #84. In 2012, there was a tight end signed to the Cowboys named James Hanna. In that same vein, the first photo seems to reveal S L 95. There is, of course, a linesman named Sean Lissemore that wore #95 in 2012.

After looking at the data, I can confidently say you have a football signed by members of the 2012 Dallas Cowboys.

EDIT: After doing a quick google search, it looks like the 2012 Cowboys Rookie Club visited Children's Medical Center in May of 2012. Mystery solved.

https://give.childrens.com/latest-news/latest-news-entry/dallas-cowboys-rookie-club-visit-patients-at-childrens-medical-center

If this were reddit, I would give you gold.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

A good post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Mods, change this guys name to Sherlock Pwnz.

• Locked thread