Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mewse posted:

Where's the GDT fellas

It's up you've really gotta pay attention, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I.N.R.I posted:

gsp wouldnt have won a decision , i dont know if bisping could have finished him though. well its all academic since he choked him out anyway

GSP won the first, lost the second and would have won the third if Bisping survives the choke so it is a little weird to say he wouldn't have won a decision. He needed one more round.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bisping should've lost to Thales Leites.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's see Jacare take on Bisping.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gomi was bad in UFC though and that was depressing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's ridiculous because you're ignoring everything he has done in the last 6 years to argue your point with literally zero evidence supporting it. DJ went from being taken down and controlled by Ian McCall to manhandling an Olympic gold medalist in the clinch and being the only guy to take down John Dodson in the UFC.

The fight against McCall happened after an extremely bad weight cut and the rematch basically showed it was a weird fluke, let's not try to take anything from it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Anderson stop with the sex pills.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't believe UFC has stooped so low as make their late replacement the greatest featherweight of all time getting a rematch. Laughable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

I thought Fedor had trained with some white nationalists in the past, but who hasn't in mma

One of his training partners definitely was, and a pretty tight one. Let's talk about Arona instead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kensei posted:

The UFC can't go back to Spike The Paramount Network, so who do they have to play off FOX, ESPN? USA has WWE, so I doubt they would make an offer. Will some Mystery Channel like MTV (LOL) make a bid? Could you imagine?
NBC is interested.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kensei posted:

I almost mentioned them, don't they have some smaller show on already?

e: WSoF is on NBC Sports, and they have a regional network setup now that the Comcast Sports Nets are all rebranded. Hmmm.

WSOF rebranded ages ago friend. If you had to decide between that and UFC, what are you going to pick?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kensei posted:

Oh duh, UFC, but would they make an offer that WME might consider? It would be sad if the UFC wasn't able to get a good TV deal.

The impression I got was Fox had the highest bid right now. $200 MM is a pretty big increase on what they got, and they'll probably still manage a little more than that. So right now it looks like NBC hasn't gone all in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

Other people have done this without loving up the title picture as badly as Conor has. I didn't mention debt. In fact, no one loving did. The only people who mention debt here are the people ironically bagging on non-existent people who constantly loving mention debt, ironically only done by people discounting debt as a discussion topic.

Also, yeah, the belt thing kind of matters. Is it really so unbelievable to you that there are people who want the belt/title picture to be at least semi legitimate? Rather than having the LW belt held by someone who's fought once in the division before loving off for 18 months while the same two guys with massive win streaks keep getting passed over exactly as they have been for 18 months? (closer to two years, since Khabib or Tony should have got the shot before Alvarez.

Not really, though. On the whole, PPVs are down. Sure, people are watching his PPVs (just like they watched Brock's, Ronda's, GSPs) but they're not sticking around to watch anything else. If you need proof, look at UFC 191, just next to two Ronda cards and a Conor card, and it sold exactly as well as you'd expect a Mighty Mouse card to sell.

And it's come at the cost of the LW title picture being hosed beyond recognition.

Defend a loving belt. Or relinquish it. Or just fight. Much as he won't have done for 18 loving months by the time April rolls around.

You're one post away from defending trickle down economics. Conor is good for Conor. No one else is getting any richer unless they're management.

Nate Diaz got loving paid.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

Well, that's one. Unfortunately the UFC has four hundred and something fighters.

Nothing, if you're the billionaire owner of a company.

Fighters with PPV points did very well thanks to Conor and Rousey. They had a record PPV year last year, if you think no one else benefited you are nuts. Even if the big shows were bigger and the medium shows smaller, Conor wasn't the only one on the big shows. Without him, who is going to draw those kind of buyrates? This isn't to say the fighters are paid fairly, but you are on the other extreme.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

you noob, you scrub, you philistine

Shivers vs McSweeny is the real pinnacle of the trash heap from TUF: Fat Guys (And Kimbo)

That fight had one punch from Shivers that made me go "Wow, this guy could be a beast!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm not convinced there's a fighter that's harder to predict than Overeem. Has anyone had such crazy highs and lows? And not just at opposite ends of their careers?

Belfort.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

That's a good pick, but even then, his highs and lows are the products of the exact same thing. He blitzes early, then tires. He still looks like that crazy scary rush fighter early on, even when he loses. The Overeem that skillfully shut down JDS then put him out with more or less his first punch does not look like the same guy who was perplexed when Ben Rothwell showed that he'd seen an early George Foreman fight.

The lowest low of his career was because his sister was kidnapped and he completely lost his mind. Ever since he got his poo poo together it has mostly been because he's strong early and fades quickly, but there are also fights like against Anderson Silva where he got completely psyched out by Andy putting on a mask and couldn't blitz him at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

I forgot about the kidnapping thing. I'll have to revise my question to 'Is there fighter so inconsistent who's inconsistencies can't be traced to a physical decline or a personal trauma?'

I think it'd be pretty hard to find one as odd as Overeem.

I mean with Overeem he went 1-3 after his drug failure and there were definite stamina issues there. Earlier in his career he was cutting a ton of weight, so it's not like either was a huge mystery.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was Joe not at the UFC in Pittsburgh where all the fighters were in the same hotel as a furry convention? I remember Pat Barry and the furries.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

It’s unheard of for a big-name fighter from an impoverished background to get mixed up with criminals, and Conor is such a humble guy he’d certainly back down from any confrontation

Irish Organized Crime Updates with Occasional UFC December News

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

threeagainstfour posted:

This fight is going to loving own.

Who do you all got in this one?

I'm leaning toward Gaethje, but I think Alvarez has a good shot since this fight is going to happen in the pocket where he fights very well.

If I am not jumping off the couch at least twice this fight is a loving fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nierbo posted:

I have no idea why roxy is still even fighting at this point. Her green belt in japanese jiu jitsu or whatever just doesnt cut it

She's gonna challenge for a UFC title tonight why wouldn't she be fighting!

• Locked thread