Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Putin will protect him.

Isn't that literally the reason he fled the country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

esperterra posted:

Haven't the wives of Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki had to deal with all sorts of nonsense from the Dean/Sam and Jensen/Jared Supernatural shippers? Some people just have no shame and take their fandoms/crushes/whatever too far now with ease of access.

Yeah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

This is wild.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ohhh my.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

One thing I wonder whether or not will come out is if there was funny business happening on the set of Nowhere Boy. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood met when she cast him, he turned 18 during the film's production, and they announced their engagement a few months later at the movie's premiere -- when she was 42.

Nothing about that seems right to me.

I've been thinking about stuff like that, Courtney Stodden, Thora Birch and her parents, Scientology poo poo (esp. now that the Danny Masterson stuff coming out sounds absolutely horrific), etc. I mean, I don't know what to say about the more sensational stuff about pedo rings, but Hollywood is a youth-eating cult.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hollismason posted:

We could probably have a multipage thread derail about specifically the horror industry stories about how women are treated in that specific genre. There are some absolute total shitbags in the horror industry and it seems more concentrated than "mainstream" Hollywood.

We can watch the film S&Man.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Follow-up question: how has there been NOTHING on Larry Clark in all this time? I would have expected that he'd be a smoking corpse on a stake in front of Mann's Chinese Theatre by now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Super Fan posted:

loving Larry Clark. There’s a guy that does a poor job of hiding his attraction to kids

He makes no attempt whatsoever to hide it. Another one I'm surprised hasn't been on the carpet yet is Luc Besson.

Timby posted:

Larry Clark and Harmony Korine.

I don't know anything about Korine in that regard but his wife is like 25 years younger than him so I wouldn't be surprised.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Super Fan posted:

Wasn’t Korine real young when he wrote Kids?

He was also real young when he met Larry Clark.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

Michael Bay's films read like a gay man making a movie to impress straight guys.

I feel like a gay man would know how to present women in a way that's alluring to straight men.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Darko posted:

Explain why not? Because I get that "projecting what society wants and sometimes criticizing it and sometimes reveling in it" in every aspect of his films, including women.

Gay men aren't straight men that simply find women icky, it's pretty reductive to conflate Bay's stunted sense of what's 'sexy' with being gay.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Asia Argento has been really determined in this poo poo (for a really good reason, the Italian press is full of animals) but what I'm extremely surprised by is that she doesn't indict her own dad. I gotta think there's something there.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

lelandjs posted:

The Spielberg and Schneider theories are very popular but there haven't been any evidence or allegations for either, and their origins are highly suspect (Spielberg originates from Glover's bizarre, vaguely antisemitic essay and Schneider is from 4Chan, which means there's probably nothing there beyond iCarly "fans" projecting).

Nah, Schneider is 100% an exploitative pervert.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cash Monet posted:

We're going to see more stories about old/older actors, directors and producers and poo poo they did in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Things are terrible now but imagine what poo poo show it probably was back then.

Basically all of them are going to get their turn. Seriously, read almost any autobiography of any kind of popular figure in the mid-20th century. A ton of poo poo that simply would never fly today.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lena is the town drunk of Twitter.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I do really wish we could shy away from extrapolating which artists we think are predators based on the art they made (Larry Clark notwithstanding)

I respect the sentiment but I really want to hear some poo poo about Garry Marshall or the Nickelodeon dude.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

esperterra posted:

I just hate seeing people brush aside the fact that women do these things as well. We can't fix this situation if we're acting like half of the problem doesn't exist, or that the male half of the problem is somehow worse than when women do it.

I think what people more react to is that the offenses are wildly disproportionate.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

dont even fink about it posted:

This certainly puts Lauer's roundly-criticized interview of Hillary Clinton in an even harsher light.

That's really funny, because it's one of the only non-softball interviews either candidate got. Journalism is debased.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Well, now Garrison Keillor just got fired by Minnesota Public Radio. I know nothing about him beyond general cultural osmosis about Lake Wobegon, so I can't really say if this was expected.

Good, I hope they erase his bullshit from the archives too. gently caress Keillor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
No argument there.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's something some dipshit thought was cool and anything else is a post-hoc rationalization.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There is no fuckin' way he did a better Gotti than Armand Assante so good riddance.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
See, I was thinking that was one of the (several) things that got this whole thing started.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I had my money on Bobby Flay.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What's Anne Burrell done besides being totally unlikeable?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Oh for god's sake.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh no wonder he's going in on the sex pest stuff, Asia clearly radicalized him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
To ding Colicchio, he's had Toby Young on countless times, a guy with no redeeming qualities at all.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even as the "mean judge" or whatever on a reality show he sucks rear end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Is Eataly a Batali thing? I had no idea.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tars Tarkas posted:

If you follow asian film you have probably heard of Bey Logan, turns out he is also a creeper, lots of gross stuff in the link and the guy basically admits it

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/harvey-weinstein-s-hong-kong-associate-accused-sexual-misconduct-by-multiple-women-report-1066921

Never trust a sexpat.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I actually will TW this one because it's fairly disturbing:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/silicon-valley-star-tj-miller-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-and-punching-a-woman

TJ Miller apparently is exactly what he appears to be.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

viral spiral posted:

He was loving employees beneath (power dynamics anyone?) him. PBS was right to can his rear end.

An object lesson if you ask me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fuckin' A man. Bad enough the guy looks like a date rapist.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tailored Sauce posted:

That's a good bartender right there holy poo poo.

As I understand from someone who went to bartender school or one of those deals, that's part of the training now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

dont even fink about it posted:

I didn't realize there was a bartender school. But I guess if you are above dive level you need to know how to mix a drink.

I doubt you legally have to be accredited to be a bartender but you audition for barbacking, so some kinda formal training couldn't hurt.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It is work for rapscallions after all.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Basebf555 posted:

The good news is that nobody gives a poo poo about TJ Miller, so he will be immediately replaced in every project he's a part of.

Seriously.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

I don't know. I mean I believe the poo poo against Landis, but people saying that he has a "powerful" father is like... Well it's not true. There's a reason he's barely worked in the last twenty years.

I mean, the unspoken thing here is that Hollywood is jammed to the guts with marginally talented people who only have their jobs because of nepotism. There are many more Bryce Dallas Howards and Scott Eastwoods than Michael Douglases or whatever. Does anyone on earth think Gwenyth Paltrow is that talented? Would anyone else have gotten fourth and fifth chances at a career like Robert Downey Jr. if they didn't already know everybody in Hollywood from growing up around the industry? gently caress no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

porfiria posted:

I mean sure but there are tons of marginally talented (or less) people floating around who weren't connected at all. Explain Sam Worthington, for example.

The mania for ANZAC actors specifically is cause they work cheap and can do better American accents than British actors.

DC Murderverse posted:

and in all honestly, Mel Gibson is probably still making movies today because of RDJ. alcoholic friends helping alcoholic friends

Gotta give some credit to his road dog, Jodie Foster, who is Bonnie and Clyde '96 for Mel like nobody's business.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 23, 2017