Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The twitter account of the author who published the Gadot article on Medium doesn't seem to strike the proper tone with their replies. It all just feels a bit off? Don't know how else to describe it. Read for yourself: https://twitter.com/imasurvivor4eva/with_replies

[edit] Should note that I'm still not dismissing it, but I feel like major media outlets would have picked up this story by now and have it blasted all over the web.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Someone did some digging on Twitter and linked the author of the Gadot article to an account on Kinja under the username Kateri. This link between hasn't been verified however, and the author on twitter denies any association with that account, but the Kateri user on Kinja did post this comment on a Jezebel article about Gadot 3 days before the Medium article was published that seems kinda suspect:
https://twitter.com/xwondergal/status/930673263423959041

After that was brought up, from what I've read either the Kateri account on Kinja was deleted by the user, or they changed their username. The same twitter user who found the Kinja account also presented more info on the alleged author. Again, not verified, but the twitter thread below is pretty interesting (click on the time/date to bring up the whole thread with replies):
https://twitter.com/xwondergal/status/930820227088216064

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 16, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

That really throws a whole lot of shade on the entire thing.

Definitely does make you stop to consider that the story is fabricated, but yeah, I won't dismiss it until facts drop and official statements are made. Though either way, the situation is messed up.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

dont even fink about it posted:

I'm just not entirely convinced a thing Gal Gadot did when she was 19 or something matters all that much either way.

I mean sure, when you're a teen your morality can be skewed since you're so young. But that doesn't make shaming an alleged rape victim something that's dismissable, especially for someone high profile like Gadot who has been championed as a feminist icon in Hollywood's current climate.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The author who published the article hasn't posted anything on twitter in 2 days. :shrug:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gross. Disgusting. The gently caress is wrong with people. I might have found that recent image of Kramer with a little girl that Eliza was talking about. hosed up.