Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Korine wrote Kids when he was 17. I remember on the old Gummo dvd, there's a small featurette with an audio "interview" (he's just talking to himself) with Korine, where he said something along the lines of "sexually fantasizing about 12 year olds doesn't necessarily make you a bad person... but maybe I've said too much" and then it ended abruptly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yeah, if that counts as grounds for suspicion, then Todd Solondz should get the guillotine.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I just read Salma Hayak's new NYT article about her experience with Weinstein. A good read, but ugh.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I don't have trouble believing victims. Knowing the full history of the Woody poo poo, though, I just can't get on the condemnation train. It's the only case I can think of that sets off my skepticism alarms, and I don't blame anyone for either working with him or choosing not to work with him.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That's loving awful. And she's not kidding, Kramer was the top stuntman back in the day. Dude was Arnold's double for at least a decade, Commando, Predator, T2, etc. I saw the pic of him hugging a little girl that Dushku mentioned, taken last year. Ugh.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Christ.

What dictators were they talking about, also?

It's gotta be Gaddafi.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Last I heard, Polanski's victim had supposedly forgiven him and had been actively petitioning the LA court to close the case and move on.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It was my understanding that France's non-extradition policy only applies if the death penalty is a possible sentence for the offense, and not as a general principle concerning any crime. Even then, the US/France extradition treaty grants the state the option to refuse in such a case, not the requirement.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'm just speculating, but that Ansari date reads like a routine he's developed to get laid at all costs, and is probably more common than people realize. I've known guys who've done it, and women who've been subject to it, and I never buy the "misread the situation" excuse these guys claim after the fact. Either someone is being reciprocal or they're not, and it seems far more likely that they just don't give a poo poo about whether or not the other person wants it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Fart City posted:

Misread that. My bad. Still, it appears that he had a specific type he was going for, in terms of general age range. Kramer has ninety-eight titles to his name on IMDB. That's a long list of opportunities for him to do damage. Like, he worked on The Conjuring 2 a couple of years ago. Some of the lead actresses in that movie fit right in that range.

I've always thought Alyssa Milano probably had some horror stories. Considering she started the #metoo hashtag, I'd be surprised if she doesn't address it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yeah, dating blows.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
If Aziz did nothing wrong, then neither did Louis CK.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yeah you really shouldn't let a 22 year old blogger break your story. But it seems like no one else wanted to touch it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Not saying what Ansari did is acceptable, but Ansari being front page news while all the Larry Nassar poo poo is flying under the radar is ... disappointing? ( not the best phrase, I know)

Nassar and his enablers were a Weinstein/stunt guy/massive cover-up that MeToo was supposed to bring the light. Instead we get a babe.net pissing match

The Nassar victim impact statements were prime time network news last night, with no mention of Ansari in sight.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Fart City posted:

Well I guess we know what photo Fox News is going to run with when the poo poo hits the fan on this one.

yeesh

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Snowman_McK posted:

It got poisoned by the 'healthy skepticism' and 'we can't ruin a man's career' ideas that eventually poison all discussions about sexual assault.

Yes, I too make absolute decisions sourced from the celebrity equivalent of topix, and drat anyone for maybe thinking otherwise.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

CelticPredator posted:

Im fine with waiting until someone comes out and says all that about Dan Schneider

Nice.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

esperterra posted:

But he should have just done his time and tried to rehabilitate rather than taking his own life. Goddamn tragic when people go to that extreme imo.

Sure, but is there really any recourse for someone who will be on the sex offender registry as a pedophile for life? Not that I think all pedophiles convicted of a crime should just kill themselves, but that's a mark that doesn't just go away after you do your time/make restitution to society in the internet age. The days of fully paying one's debt and being given a second chance are over for people like the Glee dude, much less the Victor Salva types.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Interesting that comes up since GameSpot recently deleted and apologised for a tweet that called the old Lara design 'over-sexualised' and implied she wasn't an icon before her reboot redesign, after a feminist complained it's slut-shaming and enforcing patriarchal modesty norms.

Reality is farce.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yeah, along w every other rock star from the past 50 years.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
What all do TWC own at this point? Any big carryovers from their Miramax days?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

zandert33 posted:

TWC owns (owned?) the distribution rights to a ton of classic and modern Asian cinema (including a lot of the Shaw Brothers backlog).

poo poo, that's right. They also kept the rights to everything under the Dimension Films label.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yes grind his corpse to pulp. Hold no quarter. Incinerate the bones to ash.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That channel awesome thread is baffling as hell. Did people actually enjoy and admire that collective of painfully cringey megadorks?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Didn't Jacko have a bunch of nudie kids magazines in his bedroom, per the politice inventory of neverland ranch? That doesn't prove he diddled kids, but it doesn't exactly instill confidence that the accusations were bogus.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That last line is so awful, I can't believe it's real.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The source for that Castro number? The New York Post. And their source? A Hollywood gossip blogger.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'm pretty sure that's James Comey posting.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Yeah, those two examples ain't even close to analogous.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
She was asked about it on a radio show, it ain't a press release. And she explicitly says it doesn't absolve him of anything. Why's it gotta be some grand conspiracy?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

sponges posted:

What childlike naïveté

Lol yeah ok.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Why would anybody care about or be offended by a word regardless of the context? It's context that gives it meaning in the first place.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

-Blackadder- posted:

Eh, that kinda thing isn't really all that impressive. I remember a few or more years back there was some snot-nosed, dipshit conservative e-journalist/youtuber who got semi famous secretly taping outrageous conversations he'd prompted with staff in a few liberal orgs. I think he did it with Planned Parenthood and some voter registration non-profit. He would show up or call in and pretend to be a pimp or a racist and then get some random volunteer to try and talk around his obvious lunacy. It was a big jerk off waste of time and the guy who did it literally has the most punchable face ever.

I mean realistically, I'm totally sure that this bellhop routinely provides advice on how to hide a body to random hotel guests that he met 5 minutes ago, and that the FBI are just too lazy to catch pedophiles. That scenario seems much more likely than the possibly that he was just humoring a guest that was either drunk, playing a joke, or crazy, something I doubt he's unfamiliar with in Vegas.

You're talking about James o'keefe who is the most obvious con in existence, who also selectively edits his footage.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Sucrose posted:

I have a hard time wrapping my head around a motive for this crime. He’s going to lose his entire career, he going to possibly go to jail, he actively made things shittier for actual hate crime victims, he’s humiliated political allies.....and he risked all that just to try and guilt the producers of his show into giving him a raise? Or some sick desire for attention? It boggles the mind.

Pure speculation here, but it if I'm being charitable, it might have been an incredibly stupid attempt to draw more attention to an issue he found important. But a noble idiot is still an idiot.

Really though, I think going viral at all costs is really the name of the game, it's just capitalist opportunism in its latest incarnation. At the very least, if he didn't get a sympathy raise from the network, he might've benefited by gaining a poo poo ton of social media followers and been given paid speaking gigs and further employment opportunities for years based on name recognition alone. Being the new face of a cause can be monetized like anything else.

It's the same poo poo with people faking their research in the sciences. The motives are really only about benefiting the one person, even if the potential negatives can set back progress and the public perception of the entire subject for years, because human beings are extremely lovely when it comes to considering the big picture over their own immediate interests.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Those encounters from that dork "rockstar" read like bog standard dom/sub poo poo to me, but I'm getting serious narcissistic creep vibes from his pathetic badboy affectations, so he's still probably a rapist.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Memnaelar posted:

It's probably the picture of Takeshi Kitano in Hana-bi (Fireworks). I'm crap at linking images here though.

It was Sonatine, but yeah.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
uh what's the accusation?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I worked with someone whose cousin was paralyzed by her chiropractor. Don't gently caress with yer bones.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
No surprise that Disney operates much like the Catholic Church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I imagine ScarJo is defending him because she believes him, because it sure as poo poo ain't got to do with money. Allen hasn't turned a profit in a decade.